OOC 4

Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-01-26 23:25:30
There's enough "architecture" (mostly twisted wreckage or asymmetrical rock passage) to take cover inside the base.
fanchergw 2005-01-27 18:42:37
How would 'Za estimate her chances of:
- slipping away from the droid without being noticed?
- taking out the droid?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-01-27 19:09:22
Her chances for sneaking past the droid are not so good - they picked the droid to watch the women because you can't seduce or distract a machine. It's possible with good rolls, or if the droid blows its roll, though. At that point, someone would likely shout "hey you, get back over there!" but it'd be a few seconds where you could do something. If it spots you, then you might choose to move onto taking it out:

It looks like a protocol droid, and so far has behaved like one, but I think we all know a Hutt wouldn't have TWO identical protocol droids in his chambers at all times. Perhaps one of them is simply a protocol droid and the other is an assassin droid? Or both are? Or perhaps they are both simply protocol droids and Gulgo cultivates the impression that they're dangerous?

If it's a protocol droid, you can take it out with your bare hands. If not, then it depends on what it really is.
fanchergw 2005-01-28 20:39:38
Any chance 'Za has a coin, small stone, something in her pocket or near to hand that she can toss to create a distraction?
CrazyIvan 2005-01-29 14:13:31
Alrighty...

Does the Chance have a handy underslung blaster or the like to take care of the weapons teams?

If so, firing away will all do vigour and zeal. And prepping the Chance for take off...I have a feeling we may be leaving in a hurry.
Dieter 2005-01-31 17:16:32
I suggest Lent ready his Repeater for the people attempting a flanking manuever.

How far is the distance between us and the other side of the barricade. Is there some sort of power conduit/access port near us?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-01-31 17:41:17
The barricade is about 1.5 meters deep - it's really just a pile of junk that was hastily thrown together - and about 18 meters down the corridor. It would be very difficult to get a grenades that far with the low ceilings. There are, however, plenty of panels and conduits and stuff wired into the smooth rock walls where you are.
Dieter 2005-01-31 17:47:53
Cool.

I'll be rigging a charge. My main plan is to try and fry the lighting/power systems in the area we're in.
Dieter 2005-01-31 18:53:07
But a rolling grenade won't make much of a dent in 1.5m of debris. That's like 3ft of solid material to blast through.
fanchergw 2005-01-31 18:59:51
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 10:53 am on Jan. 31, 2005
But a rolling grenade won't make much of a dent in 1.5m of debris. That's like 3ft of solid material to blast through.

Actually, 1.5 meters is almost exactly 5 feet. However, modern grenades are amazingly powerful, and futuristic ones should be even moreso. Since it's mostly piled junk, a grenade may well blow a nice hole in it.
Dieter 2005-01-31 19:10:15
You know, my conversion was way off. I was doing kilos instead of meters. I'll wait for a call from ADS.

And wasn't it you, Benn, who suggested we save grenades? ;)
Aihal the Silent 2005-01-31 19:43:25
I'm not throwing grendades. What does everyone in the world -- including those who know they are the intended recipients of the "fire"-- do when they hear fire in the hole? They hit the deck...making them, hopefully, easy targets.

Its the same premise behind threatening them with Imperial might...they get distracted. Distrated people die more easily.
Aihal the Silent 2005-01-31 19:45:21
Besides, if they don't get hit with a grenade this time, then they might ignore it the next time I shout "fire in the hole" and then actually throw a grenade.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-02-01 15:55:23
What happens is getting the frag over to the barricade isn't that hard - it's big, and it's not moving. Then I roll the grenade's damage vs. the barricade's toughness and we'll see if there's a hole that'll work for you. :)
Dieter 2005-02-01 16:00:38
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 9:55 am on Feb. 1, 2005
What happens is getting the frag over to the barricade isn't that hard - it's big, and it's not moving. Then I roll the grenade's damage vs. the barricade's toughness and we'll see if there's a hole that'll work for you. :)

Sure, what the hell.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-02-03 18:39:07
Just like the van bomb, the grenade did wonderfully well. There's still the E-Web, though.

Lent's banged up but still combat-ready. He's taken 2 wounds and 7 Shock (from a max of 6 wounds and 14 Shock).
Dieter 2005-02-03 19:02:02
The E-Web is going to overheat at some point. I say we take some of Lent/Arnae's victims and throw them at the gun. We'll then charge when the E-Web powers down.

*edit*

I'll also be using my "Cunning" Aspect.

(Edited by Dieter at 1:02 pm on Feb. 3, 2005)