OOC 4

Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-12-16 21:20:17
Glad to see Arnae's back! :)

Let's all hold on, everybody. I think we have a conglomeration of mixed messages and some player knowledge mucking things up aboard the ship.

1. The "Aurelia Factor" was me trying to jumpstart some RP opportunity for the guys on the ship. She has a past with ze Hutts and I was trying to bring that out. Instead, there's a search for sabotage. Doh! That's cool, though, we're all past that point. Maybe.
2. Why exactly would everyone be running off the ship? Unless 'Za is commlinking back to you guys with the news, you don't really know that the bad guys know you're around.

Having a bad feeling and leaving, that's one thing, but this mass exodus is kind of dubious, you know? :)

It's kind of the challenge here: Does 'Za try to warn you guys, and if so, does she blow her cover? What if they know she's a plant? Is Bassa going to blab to someone about 'Za's suspicious entrance into the group?

*movie trailer voice*
The Hutt thought he had it all... power... money... women...

But he didn't count on HER...

:)
Aihal the Silent 2004-12-16 21:22:46
I thought we might have been jumping the gun, but paranoia is contagious oh great and powerful GM.
Dieter 2004-12-16 21:44:13
Blame Mike, Adam. Blame Mike.

If you want to do some clever editing and delete the stuff about fleeing the Chance due to our paranoia. It just sort of got blown out of proportion due to the lag in the game and such.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-12-22 03:43:48
I'll run the knife-fight fairly quickly, Gordon. I need to know what 'Za's general tactics will be: Firstly, does she want to finish it as quickly as possible, or maybe draw it out some, gain some "entertainment points" with the slug? You obviously risk Bassa getting in a lucky shot if you don't shut her down ASAP but then you also don't know how skilled she is yet. Also, after the decision to take her out/draw it out, you need to let me know how aggressive 'Za is going to fight. Emphasis on attack, on protecting herself, or a balanced approach?

I'll ask again if you go several rounds with no change or if Bassa scores a hit on you. If I had to guess, I would assume a balanced tactic aimed to take her out as quickly (and as dirtily) as possible. :)
fanchergw 2004-12-22 06:52:13
Actually, 'Za will start out leaning to the defensive as she guages Bassa's skill. Once she feels she has a handle on Bassa's level of competance, she'll shift to something more balanced. She'll only go more offensive if she sees a real opening.

Jileeza doesn't want to look *too* good, as that would draw suspicion. In her mind that is even more important than "entertainment points" - though those have value too.
fanchergw 2005-01-04 16:36:35
At this point, 'Za's just looking for a moment where she isn't the center of attention so she can send her signal.
Dieter 2005-01-04 16:59:57
I'm fairly certain our stealthy operation will quickly turn into an exercise in subtlety...although it's really hard to be stealthy when your primary weapon is a repeating blaster. ;)
Aihal the Silent 2005-01-04 17:08:39
That's why I'm trying to disguise it. I'm really looking forward to testing it out. Hey, what do you think of having a delivery of fuel sent to the front gates of the compound and then detonating it?
Dieter 2005-01-04 17:17:02
Quote:

Quote: from Aihal the Silent on 11:08 am on Jan. 4, 2005
That's why I'm trying to disguise it. I'm really looking forward to testing it out. Hey, what do you think of having a delivery of fuel sent to the front gates of the compound and then detonating it?

Yeah! Let's A-Team this mission.
Aihal the Silent 2005-01-04 17:50:16
I was actually thinking of having someone else delivering it and then exploding THEIR hovervan.

But this works too.

Let's just hope we can get out of the system before Decker shows up!!!!
Dieter 2005-01-04 18:23:47
Yep!

And while I'd hate to lose the van, we won't have to *ahem* steal another vehicle for the task.
Aihal the Silent 2005-01-04 19:10:32
Ok, so the plan is that we will carry ourselves, our weapons and some explosive material in the van (thus concealing the weapons). We will then exit the van, send it toward the compound entrance and detonate the material. We will the cause more havoc with our hand-held instruments of bright laser death.

Well, Lent will be doing a sweep of our berth to make sure no one sees what we're about to do. If only we had a Jedi around to aid in the search...oh wait!

(Edited by Aihal the Silent at 1:11 pm on Jan. 4, 2005)
CrazyIvan 2005-01-05 00:13:51
I could have sworn I mentioned the van's inevitable destiny as a truckbomb when we picked it up.

I'm Arnae Maddock, and I approve this plan.
CrazyIvan 2005-01-05 03:28:53
So the plan to drive a vehicle into somewhere, and then blow it up, has spread from SnS to Starwars...soon, we'll be hijacking carraiges to blow up in Anglo-Norman England.

The disease, it spreads. Like a forum zombie. Get the shotgun.
Aihal the Silent 2005-01-05 17:19:12
If we had shotguns, we wouldn't need car bomb b/c shotguns kill everything.

Besides, blowing something up is a way more effective distraction than...say... having Wayde dance around like a chicken in his boxers while Lent shoots at the bad guys.
CrazyIvan 2005-01-06 07:32:48
Quote:

Quote: from Aihal the Silent on 11:19 am on Jan. 5, 2005
If we had shotguns, we wouldn't need car bomb b/c shotguns kill everything.

Besides, blowing something up is a way more effective distraction than...say... having Wayde dance around like a chicken in his boxers while Lent shoots at the bad guys.

No no no...Katanas kill everything.

I dunno...I submit that we don't have empirical evidence about that last point. I say we put your theory to the test