OOC: Babes in the Woods

DatonKallandor 2006-04-25 00:48:45
Quote:

The Hetrinar bomber boasts three separate launcher racks and a Y-Wing style laser turret for point defense. Unlike the Y-Wing, it has no ion capability. It's a pig, but it's a tough pig, and can seat up to four if need be - the pilot and three gunners.

I was going with that.

Daton
fanchergw 2006-04-25 05:42:05
DatonKallandor wrote:

Quote:

The Hetrinar bomber boasts three separate launcher racks and a Y-Wing style laser turret for point defense. Unlike the Y-Wing, it has no ion capability. It's a pig, but it's a tough pig, and can seat up to four if need be - the pilot and three gunners.

I was going with that.

Gotcha. I'm still uncertain whether there are one or multiple Miy'Til fighters. Us old folk are easily confused.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-04-25 18:10:40
Sorry for the confusion.

There are a "handful" of Miy'Til fighters. That means if you want one, you can have one. The actual number is nebulous at this point. There is one (1) Hetrinar Hapan bomber along with the "however many you need" Miy'Til fighters.

There are two (2) Z-95 Headhunters, one (1) V-Wing (which DOES actually have a hyperdrive; I'll say it's been modified in the decades after the Clone Wars), one (1) Jumpmaster 5000 (Dengar's ship), the Action IV freighter, plus any and all vessels you have been using up to this point (Sith Eater, the Dagger, Echo, X-, Y-, B-, and A-Wings).

I don't know why I threw the Jumpmaster in there. I thought it looked funny (like a rounded-off boomerang with an asymmetrical cockpit), and it wasn't a Z-95 or Cloakshape. :) I couldn't even tell you what it's armed with (probably lasers and missiles, like just about everything else).
fanchergw 2006-04-25 20:38:24
Thanks for the clarification, ADS!

I'm not sure we'll have much use for the Jumpmaster, since it's really just a shuttle / scout ship. Still, it's just the sort of thing that a sweep for resources would turn up. I figure we're lucky to have as high a usefulness ratio as we do.

Oh, and the reason the V-wings didn't have hyperdrives is apparently that they were too small. However, you can certainly rule that the drives have been miniaturized in the time since they were popular.

BTW, since the TIEs and drone brain pilot systems for them are expensive, I'm guessing that for our fake raid on the convoy, we're going to want to avoid destroying too many of them and instead just "drive them off".
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-04-25 20:46:26
Exactly right on the V-Wing. I forgot they don't technically have hyperdrives, else I wouldn't have mentioned them. The one you have definitely has a hyperdrive.
e of pi 2006-04-25 21:28:51
Let's take the bomber, Mandall's Headhunter, Calsera taking either a Miy-Til or the other Headhunter, Eritram and a pilot in the bomber, then everyone else in more Miy'Tils, except for whoever's flying the freighter. Murdock and Aurelia can operate cannon emplacements on the Action IV.

What's Eritram's psuedonym for this mission? For that matter, when do we get our character's cover identities?
fanchergw 2006-04-25 21:57:09
Just for the sake of variety, Calsera will use the V-wing. With Mandall in a Z-95 Headhunter, and hopefully at least one person in a Miy'til, they'll look like a nice ragtag bunch.
e of pi 2006-04-25 22:09:04
Yeah. Ty's taking a Miy'Til, and there's two or three other pilots still to check in. I'd sugest one more Miy'Til, then someone to be Eritram's pilot in the bomber. If that doesn't leave one pilot for the frieghter, then scratch the other Miy'Til.
fanchergw 2006-04-26 01:05:41
If I understand the system, as there are no skills as such, everyone is assumed to be able to do pretty much anything basic with moderate proficiency, including piloting a ship. It's only the tricky stuff, such as combat, that requires die rolls and such. Thus, even Murdock (MDK-911) could pilot the freighter.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-04-26 01:51:49
Correct. And the bulk freighter is so piggish that a good pilot's skills would be wasted, as the enemy pilots would basically have no competition to line up on it. Murdoch is a good gunner, though, which is what you need on a freighter. :)
e of pi 2006-04-26 03:25:07
That's the rub, though, ain't it? Personally, I'd put one of the remaining two pilots (Shas and Ganet) on the freighter, to free up Aurelia and Murdock for the guns, then put the other in a Miy'Til.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-04-26 04:01:47
Ivan can correct me of course, but from the IC thread it seemed like Aurelia had picked out (and named) one of the Hapan fighters, presumably for her own. :)
e of pi 2006-04-26 04:13:41
:oops: Didn't realize Aurelia was pilot. I always thought she was a mechanic. Must have misread the description. So, then, I think we should put two gunners and a pilot on the freighter, name the ship and the covers, and get rolling. We have a convoy to save.
fanchergw 2006-04-26 05:15:58
e of pi wrote:

:oops: Didn't realize Aurelia was pilot. I always thought she was a mechanic. Must have misread the description. So, then, I think we should put two gunners and a pilot on the freighter, name the ship and the covers, and get rolling. We have a convoy to save.

I think the point is, with an open system like this, you aren't pigeon-holed into a tight role. Essentially, you're at least mildly competant at everything. The Specializations and Aspects just define what you're really good at.

Thus, just because Aurelia is a premier mechanic, that doesn't mean she cannot fly and shoot with some competance. If she wants a fighter, then that still leaves Murdock, Shas and Ganet to man the freighter. Both Shas and Gannet have d8s in Combat, so it probably doesn't matter which pilots and which joins Murdock on the guns.

[color=blue:750cd4e73a]PS. Dieter, you ever gonna post stats for Murdock to the Wiki?[/color]
e of pi 2006-04-26 05:38:55
Yeah, I got that the first time. But now that everyone knows where they're going, basically, can we get the details of our covers and get going? That convoy isn't going to wait forever.
DatonKallandor 2006-04-26 13:47:10
I think we should name the Freighter "Dragon", in mourning for the Battledragon we didn't get.

Daton
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-04-26 16:46:11
Seating arrangements as I understand them:

Eritram & Jorm are flying the Hetrinar bomber.

Ty's in a Miy'Til.

Aurelia's flying her Miy'Til, named Queen and Country.

Calsera's in the V-Wing.

Mandall's picked out a Z-95.

Shas, MDK, and Ganet are taking the Dragon.

I'll say that if you're not running cargo, you can fit everything in the Action IV except for the Hetrinar, which can either fly solo or dock to the freighter's exterior, like you would have done had you taken the Jumpmaster.

As for cover identities, you've got a fake freighter name. The rest I leave up to you. For convenience's sake, I won't screw you over if you keep your character's first name the same, because I honestly don't want to memorize another set of Star Wars names. :)
Aihal the Silent 2006-04-26 17:34:06
Jorm's fake name will be Luke Skywalker. That shouldn't arouse any suspicion. :lol:

We could just choose a fake Surname/Clan Name and use our first names. So, I would be Jorm of the Flatulent Bantha Clan and Eritram would be Eritram, Clan Leader of the Flatulent Bantha Clan.