OOC: Babes in the Woods

CrazyIvan 2006-04-21 08:20:47
admiralducksauce wrote:

No Battledragon. :)

What are you going to use a Battledragon for, anyways?

heh..heheheh.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-04-22 15:47:23
Quote:

Priorities right now are, in some sort of order (but I'm not telling what kind Twisted Evil ): A ship and some fighters, covers (papers, IDs, histories, as well as disguises if necesary), a couple TIEs and some slave circuits, some people to vouch for our usefulness (faux-former employers). Let's get to work.

A ship and some fighters: Done. Unless you need something else, you'll get the Action IV bulk transport Tantor Ascendant (you can call it what you like or go with my silly name).

Covers: Being Hapan means more mystery and less paperwork, but those of you posing as "typical" mercenaries with the Hapan Prince will have covers. Lt. Maso will handle them, and if you're not already wondering about it, he's Alliance Intelligence of some sort.

TIEs + slave circuits: In lieu of running another "steal some ships" mission, 8th and 12th Wings will be getting your ships for you.

People to vouch for you: Shas' Connections, plus some bribes, should handle this.

There's just one thing I need to know before kicking off the montage. :)

Who's in for this leg of the game? If Threadbare has moved on, it doesn't make much sense for Ganet to act as the Hapan Prince. And Aihal was posting a ton a while ago, but now we've got an absentee Lieutenant. Also, I've just added Shas to the group but I've yet to see a1776 make an IC post. Anyhoo, I've PMed them to see what's up.

This weekend is pretty busy, so I won't be doing much posting on the storyline, but if you're still in the game, just post here (or PM me, doesn't matter), hopefully by Sunday or Monday. Thanks guys!
DatonKallandor 2006-04-22 16:16:35
I'm still in. Eritram might make a good pirate prince, but I don't know if I'm up for pulling it off believably. I'm also not around THAT much, so it might be better if someone else handles that.

Daton
fanchergw 2006-04-22 18:02:41
I'm in. Will post at something like my usual rate depending on how busy I am at any given time. With two kids, I'm generally busier on the weekends than on the weekdays.
e of pi 2006-04-22 20:03:05
I'm in, and I'll give my friend a call to determine his status. I know he keeps up to date.
Aihal the Silent 2006-04-24 05:15:40
"I'm with you too."

--Luke Skywalker, Return of the Jedi

Sorry about the long absence folks. Job strain and real life house/job stuff making me dread the sight of the DELL. But I'm back. And it looks like we have a kickass plan.

Once again, sorry for the absence.
Aihal the Silent 2006-04-24 18:25:39
Is Stryker still alive? I'm guessing yes.

My thoughts on the plan:

1. In addition to our cover story, I think the Vandals should continue to harass Naga's shipping...especially his slave trade.

2. We should also take the opportunity to bump off any of his trusted advisors. I would only want to do this if they are in transit (in space) b/c that's where the Vandals are best and risking a ground assault on anything other than the primary target seems silly.

3. We could encourage Stryker to hit some of Naga's holdings. Possibly with New Republic support (assuming he's not trading slaves as well).

EDIT: NEVERMIND :-)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-04-24 18:45:09
hehe. :)

Regarding Stryker, it's not a bad idea until you remember that you killed his business partner and stole his bodyguard droid.
Aihal the Silent 2006-04-24 18:47:20
admiralducksauce wrote:

hehe. :)

Regarding Stryker, it's not a bad idea until you remember that you killed his business partner and stole his bodyguard droid.

She tried to give his rep a black mark. We just tried to kill her back after she tried to kill us.

I guess we won't be able to take Echo on this mission (after the initial spoofing). I'll leave her with Dak.
e of pi 2006-04-24 18:52:53
I agree that the attacks should continue, but under another squad's duties. However, if they do, at some point the faux-imps will hit a convoy we'll be in, which we should plan for.

Also, we're still getting the Action IV, right?
e of pi 2006-04-24 19:30:17
As I pointed out IC, there might not be room to keep all of the fighters and carry cargo. I sugest four of the smaller Hapan ships, and one larger.
e of pi 2006-04-24 21:43:16
Here's my logic:

4 pilots in the Miy'Tils and the Headhunter.
Pilot and gunner in the Jumpmaster.
1 pilot and a few crew on the freighter, which I want to rename to something more Hapan, perhaps based on the name of Eratrim's alter ego.

Any thoughts?
CrazyIvan 2006-04-24 23:39:08
One more requisition:

Clasera and Aurelia need expensive, good looking cloths. Female members of a Hapian pirates retinue? We need to look the part, and mechanics overalls just ain't doin it.
fanchergw 2006-04-24 23:58:04
I'm confused about what he have available in fighters. I thought it was one Miy'Til, two Z-95 Headhunters and a V-wing, but that doesn't seem to be what other people are thinking. And I haven't seen ADS post anything about a bomber.

Can I buy a clue, please, Alex? :lol: