OOC 2

fanchergw 2004-03-15 18:52:59
About how far apart are the two nearest 'Za?

Also, do they have their helmets on?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-03-15 19:00:34
The walkway's about 12 feet wide, the troopers are standing in the middle, but not so close that a normal person couldn't walk by them. All the stormtroopers have their helmets on.
Dieter 2004-03-15 20:36:30
I think Briggs and Wayde should get up near 'Za. We close to within point-blank range of the two troopers standing guard then let' em have it.

Everyone else follows up by shooting the other troopers in the back. With any luck, we should have at least even up the numbers before the stormtroopers can return fire.
fanchergw 2004-03-15 21:11:07
When Wayde gets close to 'Za, Jileeza will step aside as though to let them pass, then slip behind the nearest trooper and shoot the one next to him.

Never hurts to use a well-armored trooper as cover...
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-03-16 16:50:43
All in all, a fairly productive surprise round. Two troopers dropped and another one "detained".

At this point, everyone who wants to be shootin' and such gets their implements of destruction out. Erit, you can scurry into the ship if you wish, or slip your plants and yourself behind one of the landing struts or whatnot as you see fit.

Order of actions looks like this:
1. Mak
2. Stormtrooper group #1 (two guys center of walkway, one of whom is being used as cover)
2. Wayde
2. 'Za
3. Arnae
3. Briggs & his 4 troopers
4. Erit
4. Stormtrooper group #2 (four troopers on the main landing pad watching the crew)

Yes, some of you have the same numbers: all your actions will be resolved, so that means two guys could blast each other.
Gatac 2004-03-16 16:59:00
Time to head for the ship - and activate the auto-blasters. Then key the PA to external speakers and tell the stormies that they're toast unless they surrender.

Erit's not good for a lot in combat, but I figure he knows enough to do *that*.

Gatac
Dieter 2004-03-16 17:02:00
Wayde'll be making his way towards the ship, strafing the troopers with blaster fire as he does so.
fanchergw 2004-03-16 17:51:46
Since she has her arm around the trooper, Jileeza'll attempt to judo-fling him off the platform.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-03-16 18:12:03
The edge of Ta's hand vs. Aurelia's throat is the first time anyone's been hit for more than a scratch. You've got two ways of tracking cumulative damage: Shock and Wounds (maps closely to Spycraft's VP/WP as far as effect: no Shock means you're KO or stunned, no Wounds means you're dying). Your Shock is the sum of your Physical and Spirit die type, while you have Wounds equal to your Physical die type. For Aurelia, with d6 in Physical and Spirit, that's:

12 Shock
6 Wounds

When you get hit, you roll your Physical, plus any Aspects or specializations that help with damage, vs. the attacker's damage roll. If you beat the damage, you only lose some Shock, and maybe one Wound if the attack was deadly in nature. If the damage beats your Physical roll, in addition to taking the difference in rolls as Wounds, you also drop - temporarily stunned or incapacitated.

Aurelia's taken 4 Shock and 3 Wounds from that nasty bitch. Since she failed vs. the damage, she'll also drop stunned, UNLESS Ivan wishes to make "concessions" to stay up. You've gotta make 3 of them (one for each point Ta beat you by) to stay up, and some sample concessions are:

1. Falling over
2. Losing grip on Ta
3. Taking additional Shock (2 Shock per concession)
4. Taking additional Wounds (1 Wound per concession)
5. Initiative penalty for the next round
6. To-hit penalty for the next round
7. Initiative or to-hit penalty for rest of combat (can be combined with #5 or 6 for two concessions)
8. Limb disabled/broken (counts as two concessions, but might not be applicable in this case)
9. Had you a weapon, dropping it would count as a concession.
CrazyIvan 2004-03-16 21:45:52
Nope...she didn't see it coming, and I didn't design her to be tough...a blow to the throat like that is enough to make the body pretty much rig out.

Aurelia goes down in the first round.
Dieter 2004-03-16 21:50:32
Quote:

Quote: from CrazyIvan on 3:45 pm on Mar. 16, 2004
Nope...she didn't see it coming, and I didn't design her to be tough...a blow to the throat like that is enough to make the body pretty much rig out.

Aurelia goes down in the first round.

Gah. Don't drop out so easily. ADS gave you some non whammy concessions...you should use them.

You're down, but not out.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-03-16 21:59:54
To play devil's advocate, staying down after someone did that means they probably won't do it to you again, and will instead run off. :)
fanchergw 2004-03-16 22:15:48
I rather have to agree with ADS.

Plus, do we really want to keep Ta around? She got what she wanted - a ride - and clearly has no interest in joining us long-term. Leave her the hell behind and let's git.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-03-16 22:59:42
CuteMotherFucker, shall Mak be providing cover fire like you posted a while back or would you want to do something else?

Also: how's your general tactic for what you're doing? Get behind as much cover as possible, then shoot? Charge them, screaming and blasting? Trying to shoot at as many as possible, or concentrating on one guy per hand? Or both guns, one target?
CrazyIvan 2004-03-17 01:29:59
I don't really care what happens to Ta, and Aurelia isn't a combat character. Most of the non-whammy concessions didn't feel right.
CuteMotherFucker 2004-03-17 06:19:17
Well, looks like we're killing, not running, and we can't take off anyway without Aurelia.

I'll go into a crouch and throw as many bolts into stormtrooper group #2, akimbo blasters.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-03-17 15:14:18
Still need to know what Captain Arnae's doing.

Holy crap, though, CMF. :) Nice job.

There's one more trooper out on the platform, 5 more in your ship, plus Briggs and his guys. While they aren't attacking, they aren't helping much either.

Also, Wayde's been hit. He's down 5 Shock and 2 Wounds (from a heathly total of 12 shock/6 wounds), and will need to make 2 concessions to stay up.

If Punkey is out there... I figured Reyes'd be in the ship somewhere, maybe being sneaky or watching the troopers or something.

Thirdly (or fourthly), what's Aurelia's intentions? If I had to guess, I'd guess "Get back to the ship", just let me know. :)