OOC: XV - Big Bada-Boom

Dieter 2005-03-04 17:04:39
Items found on Ilyanna.

-iPod mini, pink. Currently paused on Slowhand, by Interpol.

-SigSauer 220. Standard Agency issue. One in the pipe, full clip.

-Car keys

-Wallet with fake I.D. and 40 Roubels.
Gatac 2005-03-04 17:11:39
Like Peter said, she's either legit, or someone went to so much fucking trouble to make us believe it that we have bigger problem than a fake agent. I say we let her work with us for the moment.

Gatac
Gatac 2005-03-04 17:23:02
Agreed. Except "fake agent" isn't what I'm thinking, I'm thinking more like someone at the Agency has decided to sanction us. So it wouldn't be all that hard to insert Thrush into a safe house and give her the right gear.
Dieter 2005-03-04 20:04:49
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 2:02 pm on Mar. 4, 2005
Hackerish enough?

Gatac

I'm noticably confused at the jargon, so yeah.

Although this is coming from the same person who had "issues" with his wi-fi connection only to find the freaking cable disconnected from the wireless router.

Go me.

(Edited by Dieter at 2:12 pm on Mar. 4, 2005)
Gatac 2005-03-04 20:10:05
This is what you get when a Cypherpunk does exposition.

Gatac
Gatac 2005-03-04 20:22:28
Note: Erlang is a functional programming language used by Ericsson for mobile gear. See? Going to university *is* useful.

Gatac
Dieter 2005-03-04 21:51:31
Team Artis is pretty much as far along in the plotline as I'd like to take 'em right now.

Team Brian, what's the plan?
Gatac 2005-03-05 00:08:55
Er...not to sound greedy, but...well, alright, I am greedy, so let's get this over with. How's out XP look up to now? I dimly recall mention that we'd probably level up halfway through this, and I wanted to know if we're still on track for that.

Just so I can start worrying about character upgrades at the right time.

Gatac
CrazyIvan 2005-03-05 00:21:27
Team Brian? Hole up in a corner and shoot anything that comes close, including helicopters.

Team Everyone Else In the Car: Probably Something Smarter

...On a serious note, I'd say that getting off of main roads and switching vehicles might not be a bad idea. From there, either figuring a way to signal home or Artis. Failing that, I say we stay on Jessica, but not following our path *too* closely. It's quite clear in Brian's mind that the Agency has a leak the size of the Titanic, and that this little ops been a clusterfuck since someone decided to play Cops and Robbers in an apartment complex. Seems to me Jess at this point is as much bait as a target. I wouldn't mind being where the folks behind this think we'll be next.

Only, you know, across the street, with a scoped rifle and a truck full of explosives.
punkey 2005-03-07 17:34:47
Well, the guy who works at the gas station has to get there somehow...
Dieter 2005-03-07 19:44:48
It's amazing what kind of crappy car photos you can find on teh intarweb.

Put it in "H".
Dieter 2005-03-09 15:02:23
Is SnS in Beefstew Modeā„¢ for the time being?

That's ok, we set a fairly frantic pace over the past few months and I'm currently knee-deep in the intro for my Weird West game.

Just asking since even Gatty hasn't even chimed in with an update request.
Gatac 2005-03-09 15:27:43
I haven't chimed in because you said Art and Peter are where you want them to be. Why should I ask for updates when my character is high and dry for the moment? :)

If you'll look a few posts up, though, you'll see me asking for the next level, because that's what I consider to be a valid concern at the moment.

Gatac
Dieter 2005-03-09 15:33:26
You have a point, but I can't continue without Ivan's group being stuck in the middle of BFE Russia.

I could just do a montage for their sake, but I didn't want to be accused of Deus Ex'ing the situation. If everyone is comfortable with that, I could have a large segue ready by the end of week.

(Edited by Dieter at 11:28 am on Mar. 9, 2005)
CrazyIvan 2005-03-09 19:38:07
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 9:33 am on Mar. 9, 2005
You have a point, but I can't continue without Ivan's group being stuck in the middle of BFE Russia.

I could just do a montage for their sake, but I didn't want to be accused of Deus Ex'ing the situation. If everyone is comfortable with that, I could have a large segue ready by the end of week.

(Edited by Dieter at 11:28 am on Mar. 9, 2005)

I'd be fine with it...proper action heroes never really bother with stuff like gas and getting the hell across Siberia.
Dieter 2005-03-09 20:41:44
You guys just taking the car and killing/incapacitating the pump attendant?