OOC: XVII - The nitrogenous waste surely has hit the rotary

Dieter 2005-05-25 22:25:51
I'm going to wait for Gordon before continuing with Team B's storyline.

I think everyone underestimated the capability of one detective, a phone, some lead time, and a few valuable contacts back at HQ.
----
Punkey, the door is heavy oak...but then again, you also brought explosives. ;)
threadbare 2005-05-25 22:27:08
If we had a decent pilot we could steal a helicopter. But we don't. We just have a ridiculous set-up. Run, as fast as you can.
CrazyIvan 2005-05-25 22:31:05
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 3:25 pm on May 25, 2005
I'm going to wait for Gordon before continuing with Team B's storyline.

I think everyone underestimated the capability of one detective, a phone, some lead time, and a few valuable contacts back at HQ.

That's not my department.

I just put holes in things. But I'm with Threadbare...runnin' sounds like a good plan.
threadbare 2005-05-25 22:31:25
I was ready to plug that skeevy bastard as soon as he handed us the wrong report. But that woudn't have been being a team player, or playing to advance the storyline.
CrazyIvan 2005-05-25 22:34:29
Quote:

Quote: from Threadbare on 3:31 pm on May 25, 2005
I was ready to plug that skeevy bastard as soon as he handed us the wrong report. But that woudn't have been being a team player, or playing to advance the storyline.

Oh, the planning has begun.

But remember, revenge is a dish best served cold. And unexpected. At home. While he's eating dinner.
Dieter 2005-05-25 22:42:09
Quote:

Quote: from Threadbare on 4:31 pm on May 25, 2005

And...why didn't you? I don't think anyone on your Team would have held a grudge. It's not like it would have been first time you guys shot first and asked questions later. ;)

Play it cool and you might just live. You guys are now in the big leagues where all that training and experience should be used.

Think.
CrazyIvan 2005-05-25 22:45:37
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 3:42 pm on May 25, 2005

Quote:

Think.

Not.
My.
Department.

:)

But, I am giving talking a chance. See how I haven't plugged the little bugger yet?

(Edited by CrazyIvan at 3:50 pm on May 25, 2005)

Dieter 2005-05-25 22:53:45
I'm not sure quite to say right now. There are alot of mitigating circumstances which have led to the clusterfuck Team B is now directly facing.
CrazyIvan 2005-05-25 22:57:52
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 3:53 pm on May 25, 2005
I'm not sure quite to say right now. There are alot of mitigating circumstances which have led to the clusterfuck Team B is now directly facing.

I think general confusion on the part of the players, the seperation of the party (in a more generalized clusterfuck) and it being a bad time of year for (at least) me, has something to do with it as well.
punkey 2005-05-26 00:47:41
Let's blow that fucker wide open. C4 vs. Wooden Door is a battle that we can easily win.
fanchergw 2005-05-26 01:25:37
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 1:53 pm on May 25, 2005

A lot of it having, I think, to do with the fact that I'm not very knowledgable about the whole spy thing and how things are supposed to work. Likely, Stavre wouldn't have felt the need to do all that digging if Ilyanna hadn't asked for a copy of the report. I tend to assume that GMs will make allowances for the difference between player knowledge and character knowledge, but it doesn't always work that way.

Under the circumstances, I'm not sure Stavre isn't at least as "dirty" as we are, but I have no way to leverage that at the moment. Oh well, this gets us to the fireworks faster...
threadbare 2005-05-26 02:05:57
Resolved: Should I survive this, Carla will make it a pledge to act on her gut whenever and wherever it gives her something.
Dieter 2005-05-26 04:32:29
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 7:25 pm on May 25, 2005

Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 1:53 pm on May 25, 2005

A lot of it having, I think, to do with the fact that I'm not very knowledgable about the whole spy thing and how things are supposed to work. Likely, Stavre wouldn't have felt the need to do all that digging if Ilyanna hadn't asked for a copy of the report. I tend to assume that GMs will make allowances for the difference between player knowledge and character knowledge, but it doesn't always work that way.

That's my fault. I sometimes forget that not everyone has the same background in lowdown, underhanded deeds involved in this sort of genre. I was "trained" by one of the best GMs to never undersell the product and to expect the unexpected.

Anyhoo...no one's dead yet and there are a few more twists in the road that (at least I think) will eventually steer the plotline in a positive direction. I think the fact that we've only had one true headline character death (and a noble one at that) in the 3+ years of the overall storyline says something about the players we've got.

Lessons learned the hard way are usually the most influencial in preventing future occurances. I'd like to think the high survival rate (thusfar ;)) is attributed to the gritty style of game I run.

Ok, off the soapbox I go.

We return you back to the clusterfuck already in progress.
CrazyIvan 2005-05-26 14:52:11
Talking down russian cops.

Act II, Scene I.

Lets hope it goes better than last time.
CrazyIvan 2005-05-26 16:19:47
wOOt

Doing as the lady says. Using "lay down fire" to give folks the bonus AC cover while we get the hell out of here.

(Edited by CrazyIvan at 9:21 am on May 26, 2005)
Dieter 2005-05-26 16:55:46
Artis will be at a significant penalty to attack/defend this round, but his not a sitting duck.
fanchergw 2005-05-26 17:27:41
That's how we roll on the East Coast. :)

Maybe you guys can come rescue us next. hehe.