OOC: XVII - The nitrogenous waste surely has hit the rotary

Dieter 2005-05-16 18:50:35
Damage updates

It seems that the meat shields aren't doing their joerbs that well.

Artis- VP:60/68, WP:Full
Moten- VP:56/58, WP:Full
Ayumi- VP:62/80, WP:Full

Then there's Peter, which is to say he's not dead but probably wishes he would have stayed back in Siberia.

Peter- VP:2/48, WP:Full

That is with liberal use of Action dice to get back health.
Gatac 2005-05-16 19:04:16
Hm, what's it gonna be? Cryptography or Electronics check?

How dismantleable does the panel look? If I can force it open without a sweat, then we're patching wires. If it's built solidly into the door - well, we'll have a few goes at figuring out the combination first.

Gatac
Gatac 2005-05-16 19:17:03
Worst case scenario, I can cut through the latch I suppose.
punkey 2005-05-16 19:43:04
Okay, my head's back in roughly the right location, so I can get back in this sucker.

Umm...I'll...keep doing what you guys already have me doing.
Dieter 2005-05-16 20:42:42
The doorlock left (roughly) a 6-inch hole in the door. It just fell off and the smoke is clearing so no one has been able to look through it yet.

I'd suggest keeping Peter in the rear with the gear until proper medical attention can be given as he's not likely to survive another fire fight.

Oh, I wouldn't be trying to use the watchlaser cutter for a while.
Gatac 2005-05-18 18:48:58
Alright, first proposal for action plan:

Ayumi sweeps ahead, just in case we have an ambush going; Moten follows, looking for assorted nastiness and important info; Peter handles tech, cracking security or doing demolitions work where needed; Artis stays where we are and covers the retreat.

And as I said above, I wouldn't mind suggestions for an exit strategy - we seem to be lacking one. ("What do you mean, they don't have squirrel suits lying around?")

Gatac
threadbare 2005-05-21 02:48:29
Hrm. Exit strategy.

What about loading the remaining C4 into an elevator car, cutting the cables and letting it slide to the bottom and detonate, then climbing down and walking through the burning wreckage to freedom?

Or there's the Leon-style "dress up as the guys trying to catch you" and walk out. We just have to stay wary of people sneaking up behind us. :)

If there was a helicopter on the roof, that would be cool. Hrm. Could we coax them into landing some sort of rapid response team on the roof and taking their chopper?
Gatac 2005-05-21 12:59:12
C4 plan sounds nice and Matrix-y, but how much of this stuff do we have with us, anyway? It seems the "booby-trap the penthouse" plan is kinda moot, what with us thoroughly alerting even the dumbest guard that we were there.

Dressing up doesn't sound promising, we're too many people. We'd have to take out an entire strike team, and then they'd surely question us. Unless they deploy an entire army, it would be impossible to get lost in the crowd.

Chopper is our best bet, I think. We've got Art, and if we can remain aloft for even a few minutes, we can land it and grab our ground vehicles for a more thorough trashing.

Gatac
CrazyIvan 2005-05-21 15:59:26
I know. But I'm not planning on keeping it around - I wonder if the curse will be appeased if we trash it after it serves our needs?

This is a hotel, though. There are 17 floors of near-identical rooms, and there have to be some "normal" people here.

we could pull the fire alarm, or alternatively simply set the building aflame. I don't know exactly what that would do asides from distraction at first. We could have the firefighters rescue us. :)
CrazyIvan 2005-05-21 18:27:44
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 8:59 am on May 21, 2005
I know. But I'm not planning on keeping it around - I wonder if the curse will be appeased if we trash it after it serves our needs?

Just make sure I don't accidentally shoot it down.
Gatac 2005-05-23 16:34:52
I vote rooftop extraction - after we toss the penthouse for anything important.

Gatac
Dieter 2005-05-23 16:40:24
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 10:34 am on May 23, 2005
I vote rooftop extraction - after we toss the penthouse for anything important.

Gatac

Did you guys go out and buy a helicopter while I was out in Seattle?
Gatac 2005-05-23 16:52:10
No...at the moment, this plan hinges on either a) the presence of a chopper on the roof or b) being able to attract one. Or maybe there's a windowcleaner's lift we can use. It just seems like if we fall back there, they'll have to send a chopper sooner or later.

It's just that despite the lack of a chopper in our possession, it still seems like the best way. Fighting down doesn't seem like an option.

(And I don't have enough faith in our acrobatic skills to do the Matrix-style climbing down behind walls.)

Gatac
Gatac 2005-05-23 17:49:49
The plan for now, however, is still to do the Ayumi-Moten-Peter searching of the area, with Goose standing rear guard.

Maybe we could take hostages.
fanchergw 2005-05-23 20:10:02
Do the orders include Brian and Carla, or are they specific to Ilyanna?

Also, did Brian and Carla find anything of note while looking around the grounds here?