OOC: XVII - The nitrogenous waste surely has hit the rotary

Gatac 2005-06-10 16:06:14
What about the gear, anyway? Do we go unarmed until we can steal some more? Or do we have a weapon cache nearby?

*sniff* ACOGed MP7, I hardly knew ye...

Gatac
Gatac 2005-06-10 16:08:14
You think the girl isn't going to get tased any time she doesn't do what she's told? I figure it might take a few times but she'll catch on.

The Goon is dedicated to the girl, reasonably well trained, and probably knows more people here than we do. We pop him (go silencers!) and hide the body as quickly as we can and move on. Not to take pleasure from his death, but he is a threat, we're spies, Artis has had it up to here with people coming back to haunt him, and we don't need him anymore.
Dieter 2005-06-10 16:09:52
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 10:08 am on June 10, 2005
You think the girl isn't going to get tased any time she doesn't do what she's told?

Eh. True enough.

"Can you fly, Bobby?"
Dieter 2005-06-10 16:13:00
Ok. Edited to reflect the untimely death of the bodyguard. Who's going into the town to phone Nightengale?
Dieter 2005-06-10 16:26:59
Artis actually has around a +4 total bonus for First Aid, so I guess he'll look at Ayumi, which leaves Robert or Peter to take the call. Probably Peter, in case we can have a strange occasion where a player's two PCs talk to themselves. :)

Of course, I wouldn't put it past someone to have been listening to the coordinates Picard gave out even with the scrambler on, so maybe we should first aid up and then go as a group, shadowing the person chosen to call.
Dieter 2005-06-10 16:31:38
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 10:26 am on June 10, 2005

Of course, I wouldn't put it past someone to have been listening to the coordinates Picard gave out even with the scrambler on, so maybe we should first aid up and then go as a group, shadowing the person chosen to call.

Err...I guess I was a bit unclear during that conversation. You were to call Nightengale back and he would then give you the coordinates to pick up your new gear.
Dieter 2005-06-10 16:54:52
Oh, well then. I think we should still First Aid up the best we can before moving into another populated area.
Gatac 2005-06-10 19:40:36
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 3:31 pm on June 10, 2005

Err...I guess I was a bit unclear during that conversation. You were to call Nightengale back and he would then give you the coordinates to pick up your new gear.

I take it that means that we've got a mobile Q-Branch there to rearm?

Gatac
Dieter 2005-06-10 19:49:40
It's more like hidden weapons/gear caches that are strewn about the countryside in case a situation like this were to occur.

These were commonplace throughout the Cold War. Nightengale just had to message back to HQ and have them assertain the location of the nearest dropbox.

Note: These aren't mobile Q-Branches only containing basic equipment, weapons, and such. It's only a means for re-equpping when you have to ditch everything.
Dieter 2005-06-10 21:32:17
Quote:

Quote: from Punkey on 3:26 pm on June 10, 2005
Joy, 1970's gear!

Not really. It wouldn't do much good if the caches weren't occasionally updated. I'm not syaying its going to have Tommy Hilfiger jeans and M8 Rifles, but you won't be getting bellbottoms and WWII surplus munitions.
Gatac 2005-06-10 22:27:18
So, Kalashnikovs.

I am reminded of Command & Conquer : Generals. The GLA faction has an "Angry Mob" unit, for which you can purchase the "Arm the mob" upgrade. When you do so, a not-so-nice voice says:

"AK-47s for *everyone*!"

I imagine it'll be like that. Stick with the classics, the new ones suck. :)

Gatac