OOC

Community Lotion 2013-03-12 17:38:43
hey guys, I can reply now!

w00t

I seem to recall there was no blood or damage on the passenger side.
Dieter 2013-03-13 10:07:04
Metagaming here a bit as the original details were *ahem* glossed over.

Eddie said they hit a building after Noriko got shot. The car was found in the drink by fisherman which would suggest that the car was dumped in the bay after the fact to kill any crime scene clues.

Hammer arrived at the scene when they were fishing the car out, it was minus a windshield and any blood would have been irretrievable with 1980s technology. What couldn't be removed is (possibly) the bullet hole in the head rest of Noriko's car seat. Now, ballistics was a thing in the 80s.

Any other questions? I'll do a recap of the "crime lab" report in the next narrative.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2013-03-13 11:00:15
The bullet in the headrest is good enough for me, honestly. You don't crane your hand around that far to shoot a guy next to you, and even if Eddie was a colossal fuckup he probably would've had a mind towards steering the car after the shot instead of being taken by surprise and hitting a building. Unless he meant to, Americans-style.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2013-03-15 14:20:37
Reagan let me know what you think of this:

Step 1: We arrest him for suspicion in his son's death.
Step 2a: If he or his guys resist, we shoot them all.
Step 2b: If he comes with us with threats to lawyer up or whatever, well, he's coming with us, isn't he? We'll no doubt be followed - lead them in a moderately corkscrew course that looks like we're trying to lose them but really we're going to the Brotherhood. Attempt to incite a full-blown shootout between the nazis and the yakuza, murder the winners.
Dieter 2013-03-21 09:30:00
Alrighty, I suppose the next question I have is WHEN would you like to ruin the funeral? Before (i.e. NOW), during, or after?
Dieter 2013-03-21 11:29:46
Ok. Takematsu's got his Odd Job lieutenant working the scene. He's a Principal and I've got 12 Dice at my disposal. so 6D6 and 6D6 COOL shall be my bid.

Admiral Duck Sauce 2013-03-21 12:27:10
We still have 10 dice in that teamwork pool, don't we?

I'll roll my CON 5 as Dick opens with the BS story about him wanted in connection with his son's murder, and I'm asking Hammer for help.
Dieter 2013-03-21 12:36:11
Per GChat with Reagan:

Hammer will use DIG to use the evidence found thus far to reinforce Trojan's bluff.
Dieter 2013-03-22 15:35:12
Compounded by not rolling a 1/4 combo or 1/2 or 2/4.....2/2 or any combination of 3, 5, or 6 would be good too.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2013-03-22 16:32:15
Indeed it does!

Burning Mobster's Daughter for 2d6 as Trojan urges her to convince her father to come quietly: Roll 1: 2d6: 2d6(6,1) = 7
Huh. 5x1, 3x6. That actually leaves us worse off. Our 5x1 drops their 2x5, our 3x6 drops their 3x6 (PCs' sets fire first) to a 2x6, they hit us with a first-stage effect.

Okay, I'll burn "never takes dirty money" next. Dick comes at it like he's angling for a bribe or a payoff, just to lure Takematsu into their trap:
Roll 1: 2d6: 2d6(3,4) = 7
Thank fuckin' God. 5x1, 3x6, 2x4, 2x3.
Dieter 2013-03-25 13:25:25
The bad guys get a 3x6 and 2x5.

After all the traits have been burned, PCs get 5x1, 3x6, 2x4, 2x3.

The PCs 5x1 can flat-out kill the bad guys' 2x5.

PC's 3x6 fires first because PCs go first in ties, and knocks the bad guys' 3x6 to a 2x6.

The bad guys 2x6 kills the PC's 2x4

Then 2x3 from the PCs lands last and deals "MARKED" to Takematsu (Trojan was using CON).

1 effect on Takematsu and the Bodyguard is still up.

Narrative forthcoming...
Dieter 2013-04-11 15:25:28
Odd Job and Reiko are now the opposition along with the Old Man.

Obviously, blood is thicker than water. Oddjob and Reiko are going for KILL at 6D6 with the Old Man trying to be like Fonzie and be COOL for 6D6.

What are thine bids? Remember, Dick has to take out his Complication in order for you to win.

Admiral Duck Sauce 2013-04-11 15:36:20
Here's my thoughts. If we can get another CON hit on Takematsu, he will be SUCKERED and be out of the fight. Have to focus on getting one CON hit through to him.

The other people we can kill. They drew on cops.

So Trojan's going with CON, and he's asking Hammer for help. EXCEPT! I actually don't want you to help me. It's how the Teamwork Dice work. Normally the benefit to actually helping someone is you get to combine dice pools, and you protect yourself from incoming effects. Except the opposition's dice pools are large enough now and we're low enough on Traits that we can't really benefit from that right now.

So if I ask for help and you refuse me, you get to take 2 of my dice and I get to raid the as-yet untouched Teamwork Pool of 10 dice (5 per player). It's a bonus, but it's just that "Refusing to Help" sounds like a bad thing and it's not really.