OOC

Admiral Duck Sauce 2013-02-27 15:41:21
So I actually want to ask Reagan for help for this conflict. Dick Trojan needs info, but he's a little hungover and he's been blindsided by a lot this morning. The Hammer's got the chops to figure out what our next step re: these fools needs to be. We can combine our forces so I don't get punked before 10 am.

How help works:
Once per conflict, After we've decided which skills we're using, but before dice are rolled, you can ask for help. The player you're asking has 2 choices:

They say yes: You take the dice that the assisting player was going to use for their action. The assisting player sits out the current round, but then again, you can't be taken out either.

They say fuck that: The would-be helper takes 2 dice from YOUR hand and adds it to their skill pool for the round, then you get to take as many teamwork dice as you want.

Teamwork dice only come back if characters Move On and are replaced.

There's no negotiation for teamwork, no OOC discussion. The player being asked decides to help or not and that's it.

So, Hammer? *holds out hand for helping dice*
Community Lotion 2013-02-27 16:00:34
Interesting! I'd say it depends on each character is using the DIG check for. I used DIG to find out more about the crime scene, where it looks like Trojan might be using DIG to get information from the feds. If that's the case, then we're probably making two separate rolls, yes? If both DIG checks are for the crime scene, then why not say yes?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2013-02-27 16:03:26
Right, it's more that our actions are to glean knowledge from the crime scene. Who we ask and what we look at matter for the narrative, but for purposes of helping or actually resolving the conflict, they are actions that in general serve the overall purpose of finding out what's going on, and thus are okay for combining with teamwork.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2013-02-28 09:57:56
Ok, so now that the dice hit the table we can decide if we want/need to burn traits. Well, Hammer's helping, so I need to decide if I want to burn any.

The dice fall out like this:

Hammer and Trojan get a 4x5
Johnson 2's 3x6
Johnson 1's 2x4
Hammer and Trojan's 2x2.

Without further shenanigans, our 4x5 can knock out the 2x4, just ruin the set entirely. Then the 3x6 kills our 2x2, and nothing happens this round.

That's called a wash, and those are BAD. Everyone takes an effect from the skill they used. Both Johnsons would be "Marked", and Dick (NOT HAMMER, he's helping this round and is immune) would be "Exposed".
Admiral Duck Sauce 2013-02-28 10:05:54
After further consideration, I'll take the hit. That puts effects on both our opponents, and the Hammer is fresh for next round since he was helping this past round. It's a net benefit, and I retain my traits for future conflicts.

Admiral Duck Sauce 2013-02-28 10:28:36
Another thing we can do: Hollowpoint's default PC types come in 3 tiers: Agents, Operatives, and Handlers. We equate to Agents - if we have to make a new character, they come in as an Operative, and so on.

Agents can choose to take a hit for a teammate. The effect that would have been applied to the original target sticks to you instead.
Operatives can take 2 dice from the teamwork pool whenever help is denied.
Handlers may force their help onto another agent.
Community Lotion 2013-02-28 11:32:01
Given the fact that I have not yet had a chance to read through the rulebook, the above is mostly incomprehensible to me at this point. With that in mind, I'll let you guys decide how this plays out :)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2013-02-28 13:27:10
OK, so there's Trojan going and "Exposing" himself as a first-stage effect from his backfired DIG action.
Dieter 2013-02-28 13:36:37
Ok, think that means a new round of bidding.

The Feds are still going on 4d6/4d6.

Admiral Duck Sauce 2013-02-28 13:52:49
I want to take advantage of their "Marked" condition from their backfired CON roll, so Trojan's using CON this round. I bet they want the case, so I'm going to allude to something like "we got off on the wrong foot, it's early, you guys can have Takematsu's briefcase after we take a look at it." See if they react or give anything away.

What skill is each Johnson using, Dave?
Community Lotion 2013-02-28 14:06:17
Hammer might have just fucked up that plan (I didn't see this OOC post before I replied); he'll be using TERROR.