OOC: Something Completely Different/Red Dawn

Gatac 2006-12-10 00:15:22
Sword of Alderaan. Our cover is completely busted, no sense in trying more shenigans. Right now, Mandall's only concern is getting everyone out and to a known safe location.

Gatac
e of pi 2006-12-10 00:56:10
Cool. Plan 3 it is.

Ty's opening fire as fast as he can, Murdock's closing for melay, trying to ignore what of my shots hit him.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-12-15 03:50:23
MDK has 3 Shock left. Ty is unharmed. The guards are pretty mangled, considering you guys did that in only 2 rounds of combat. There's nobody who could really be induced back to consciousness without some heavy medical equipment. Roga, as far as you know, is still in his locked room and may be calling for more help.
Dieter 2006-12-15 05:11:22
admiralducksauce wrote:

MDK has 3 Shock left. Ty is unharmed. The guards are pretty mangled, considering you guys did that in only 2 rounds of combat. There's nobody who could really be induced back to consciousness without some heavy medical equipment. Roga, as far as you know, is still in his locked room and may be calling for more help.

Whew! I knew that was going to hurt. What kind of slapdash fix-it job can Ty do?
e of pi 2006-12-15 05:14:56
We have two options, push inwards in the Hutt's defense, or get out. Sticking around waiting for more guys isn't an otion, unless we find someplace to lay low while Ty rolls for fixing some of Murdock's damage, then go on with either, still we need to get out of this room. Are their guns better that what Ty has, or would Ty and Murdock be able to borrow some armor pieces? Anything worth taking?
Gatac 2006-12-15 08:09:23
Explosions, not explosives, though admittedly the former is the easiest way to the latter. I'm sure Mazof will be happy to tell me the location of a few critical installations - main security, the armory or the main power generators -, so that's where I'm heading. Mandall's goal is to cause as much noise as possible to cover the getaway.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-12-15 16:44:29
Roga's security had a ton of ion guns, but their sidearms weren't better than your own. You can take some extra pistols if you had a hankerin' for John Woo action. They had commlinks but no armor that was worth a damn.

Ty can probably repair MDK for 6-8 Shock damage given about 15 minutes, but you don't have 15 minutes in Roga's penthouse right now.
Dieter 2006-12-15 22:22:17
Alrighty then. Trashing the ion guns and moving onward trying to eliminate the remainder of Roga's men.

You know, this will be the second regime change we'll have participated in. We're like the A-Team...IN SPACE! :P
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-12-21 17:23:36
Indeed!

As for finding a hidey-hole to fix up MDK, sure, you've got your map and you can find 15 minutes alone while security goes through the roof looking for you.

Of course, that may be just the time frame Mandall needs to set his charges and cause a HUGE distraction. It's funny how that stuff works out, huh? :)
Gatac 2006-12-21 17:35:08
"We need some peace and quiet. Mandall, blow something up."

Gatac
e of pi 2006-12-27 21:28:56
Since Mandall's messing with the guards and keeping them busy, could Murdock and Ty, if they hurry, make it to the hangar and get out with Mandall?
fanchergw 2006-12-27 23:57:37
I don't have any pithy replies for Calsera right now, but she's going to go with Mazof to his ship and try to get the heck out of Dodge. She's not sloppy and doesn't trust him, though, so she's keeping a sharp eye on him and watching for any attempts at treachery. If he's inclined to flirtation, she'll play along.
e of pi 2006-12-28 05:29:39
You know, I've had a plan for a while, but I just realized how we could pull it off. Could we crash the bulk frieghter into the meeting that Naga's having? Use it like a 300m guided missile? Is the tower area where the meeting will be exposed enough, and is the Dragon strong enough to survive what Naga's defenses could throw at it once they realized it was on a kamikaze course? Would we be able to do it by remote, using Ty's skills? Is the information necesary for this circulated between group members so the plan could be pulled off IC?
Dieter 2006-12-28 15:35:19
e of pi wrote:

You know, I've had a plan for a while, but I just realized how we could pull it off. Could we crash the bulk frieghter into the meeting that Naga's having? Use it like a 300m guided missile? Is the tower area where the meeting will be exposed enough, and is the Dragon strong enough to survive what Naga's defenses could throw at it once they realized it was on a kamikaze course? Would we be able to do it by remote, using Ty's skills? Is the information necesary for this circulated between group members so the plan could be pulled off IC?

Seconded!

If not only for being the biggest Middle Finger to Naga's Organization but also for the Flash (AAAAHHH!) Gordon reference. :)
Gatac 2006-12-28 15:51:04
Thirded. That's what I call letting the old bird go out in style.

Gatac
e of pi 2006-12-29 03:22:45
Okay. A plan has been proposed, seconded, and thirded. Since I think fanchergw will also want a say in this, may I poke some holes in my idea that we need to address/check-with-ADS before proceeding with the implementation.

1. Do we have the information?
-Do the poeple who would need to know, such as Eritram and....whomever is left on the Dragon (Jorm-*in coma/stasis*, Aurelia, both NPCs, but I think they may be returning, so getting them out alive would be good) know about the meeting? This is the easiest solution, really. They'd send a burst comm message saying somtething like "rendevious here" to the other Vandals, then slave the ship, fly it into the meeting, and get out of the area in a fighter.

2. Could the Dragon survive the attack run?
-Once Naga's defenses figure out that the ship coming at them isn't going to stop, will they be able to destroy the Dragon before we want her to be destroyed?

3. Will the bang be big enough?
-When/if the Dragon goes off, will it kill all the people in meeting? If it does, could Naga's organization survive as a single group, or would it fracture?
-Will it destroy the tower? (This would be a nice secondary benefit, but not totally necesary)
-Will it hurt any civillians outside of Naga's tower? (This is another issue. If its too many, I think the Republic would frown on us doing this.)

4. Can we frame the Imps for this? If we can, we could set it up so that any survivors of this would continue with the Imperial issues, and not blame the Republic, which could be bad. We don't want to catch Montoya Syndrome: "Our name is Everybody Who Survived. You killed our big boss. Prepare to die," is not what we want happening.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-12-29 04:07:18
That is a good plan, if only for the sheer destruction it could cause. :)

Calsera I believe got the info from Mazof about the meeting, and assuming she can subdue the guy in the elevator, we'll assume any last-minute and more specific intel can be easily procured.

Naga's AA defenses may be substantial, but it IS a bulk freighter. It doesn't have to be under its own power, or even have most of its superstructure, to deal the damage you need. What would work best would be a wing of fighters to deal some split-second surgery on those turbolaser batteries before the freighter touches down, so to speak. :)

If the Dragon hits the meeting, you will have decapitated Naga's organization pretty surely. Mission accomplished. The scraps of his mob will be gobbled up for good or ill by his competitors.

As for collateral damage, IF the Dragon survives its attack run mostly intact, it could be rather substantial. We're talking debris scattered over blocks of skyway... you're pretty much pulling a 9/11 on the Hutt. If the bulk freighter is nearly vaporized, it's more likely that only Naga and his upper crust will take the blow. It's tricky - you actually want his turbolasers to deal enough damage to lessen the effect on the surrounding areas.
Gatac 2006-12-29 08:59:21
A couple of points:

While Mandall brought a fighter and would be happy to cover, it wouldn't help our "Blame the Imps" plan to have an X-Wing shield the Dragon. That said, do we still have those remote-control TIEs lying around? It might not be the best cover in performance, but it's sure going to look a hell of a lot more like an Imp strike.

As for "whittling" the Dragon down, that's a chance we can't take. Yes, collateral damage sucks badly, but what happens if we give them too much time and they actually shoot the Dragon down before it reaches the tower? Where's it going to land? It'll rain pieces all over the place, and if you ask me, I'd rather we take out the whole tower (preferably letting it topple in a direction where there's not much else going on) and accept that there'll be *some* collateral damage than playing crapshoot and risking the Dragon using its whole bulk on everything but the tower.

We need to get everyone from the Dragon onto Mazof's yacht before we can do this. So, hurry folks. Phone ahead, tell Aurelia to clear out - as soon as Calsera has gotten rid of Mazof, that is.

Gatac
e of pi 2006-12-29 19:06:26
Cool. Aurelia should rig the slave circuits, then she and Eritram get out in either the Hapan bomber, or the bomber and one of the Hapan fighters. Either works. I think we've got at least Calsera and Mandall flying defense for the box, since Ty's computer skills make him best suited for working the slave circuit rig once Aurelia kudges it into existence. In the meantime, can we just say that everybody (Murdock & Ty, Calsera & guest, Mandall & his ego) makes it to the Hutt's hangar intact? It'll help this move along if we skip a little of the messing around in hallways, as fun as it is, and get to the endgame.