OOC: Something Completely Different/Red Dawn

e of pi 2007-01-12 04:52:48
Ty's setting the guns, then devoting every shot he can take, multitasking, everything.
threadbare 2007-01-13 21:43:14
Might Ganet be able to take a shot at the AA guns while threatening the Y-wings? Call it a penalty on the shot in order to make the Y-wings shots harder?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-01-18 17:08:55
The Dragon is at 7/8 Wounds. It didn't take any Wounds from that hit (which was lucky), but it took enough Shock damage to drop its Body to a d8. It's resisting damage with a lesser die type now.

Ganet's at 1/2 shields, and I think that's the only Vandal to be hit thus far.

*Murdoch*
10. Braxis
8. Mandall
8. Calsera
8. 2 Cloakshapes
8. Ganet
4. Ty (I'm going to assume you're still handling the Dagron) :)
3. 1 Y-Wing
1. And some turbolasers in a pear tree
* Since MDK didn't really do a whole lot here, I'll count him as holding his action. He can go whenever he'd like, or he can continue outbound in the "I'm going to live!" style. :)

Range to tower is d8 now.
Dieter 2007-01-18 17:13:41
Murdoch will hold his action in case anything unfortunate happens and he has to turn around to search-rescue.

I'd like to recommend angle-ing the Sword's remaining shields all forward, with a hard burn towards the Spire.
Gatac 2007-01-18 17:19:20
Finishing off the Y-Wing, then I'm going after Braxis. Somebody else cover the turrets.

Gatac
fanchergw 2007-01-18 19:30:01
I'm confused. Cat took out a "bomber" this round, and Ty / Ganet teamed up to take out a Y. However, on the initiative chart, it looks like the enemy are only down one ship from last round. Huh?

Since Mandall is peeling off to deal with a Y, Cat will switch to Braxis. Don't want him to get a free shot with that Skipray.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-01-18 21:18:41
Right. There were three to start. You took out one's engine, and in reading over my post, I wasn't clear that the Y-Wing wasn't destroyed. Its engine pod spiralled into a building, not the entire bomber.

Then you blasted a second Y-Wing, and Ganet and Ty took out one together. That actually leaves one stricken Y-Wing with half its engines left. :)
e of pi 2007-01-18 22:57:54
Dieter, I'd like to humbly sugest that Murdoch take the shot at Braxis while we have the chance. His guns and torpedos are starting to get annoying. Really annoying.

Also, I think Calsera and Mandall should either handle the two Cloakshapes, or, if it's possible, do some sort of rank-closing, so they can take the shots for the Dragon or interfere with the enemy's attack runs or something. The primary objective here is to get the Dragon, as intact as possible, into Naga's spire. Thus, we need it, with 1 wound left, to survive another four rounds. With only one Vandal, Ganet, having taken serious damage, we need to take one (or two) (or three) for the team.

Maybe Murdoch and Mandall shoot at Braxis (one of two with weapons able to deal serious damage to the freighter), while Calsera flys cover for the freighter, Ty handles the freighter, firing on the last Y-wing (the other serious threat, other than the guns on the spire), and Ganet either takes another shot at the AA guns or joins Calsera in flying cover for the Dragon?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-01-18 23:33:21
The yacht has twin laser cannon - not all that great, but at least you're packing the equivalent to a TIE and not a stock Z-95.

FYI, when I write 7/8 Wounds, I mean it has 7 out of a possible 8 Wounds LEFT. Still, it took a lot of damage early on and now that the AA guns are making their mark, things could go downhill fast.

If you're taking advice from the GM, I would worry less about the Cloakshapes and more about those AA guns. They're, in effect, increasing in skill every round while the other combatants remain constant.
e of pi 2007-01-18 23:55:11
Ah. That's a critical difference I missed there, eh? The advice about the AA guns is a good point, so how about this for a slightly less panicked lineup:

Murdoch: Take a shot at Braxis. The yacht's blending in with the civillians, Braxis might not see it coming. Let's get this guy out of the picture.
Mandall: Either Braxis, a Cloakshape, or a shot at a turret gun. Braxis's guns and torpedos can seriously mess with the Dragon. Ditto for the turret guns. Cloakshapes are more of an annoyance at this point.
Calsera: Same recomendations as for Mandall.
Ganet: He should get the last Y-wing. It can't hang in too long, but just get it done with.
Ty: Handling freighter, firing on the tower guns, maximum shots.

Any thoughts? Also, would the "close ranks" thing be possible, just to know options if the freighter's condition actually does get as serious as I was under the (false) impression it was?
threadbare 2007-01-19 00:19:00
No, I'm going after the AA guns. They need to be taken out ASAP. The Y-wing is of lesser importance.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-01-19 02:03:56
If you want to hold your action in order to intercept enemy fire on the Dragon, that would be fine. Keep in mind that your action might be better served shooting down the sonsabitches before they can fire those shots, however.
e of pi 2007-01-19 04:28:47
Nah, it's just something I was wondering about. I'm shooting for the tower guns.
fanchergw 2007-01-19 06:55:19
There's the question of who's weapons are effective for what. Ganet's bomber is capable of doing damage to the AA batteries, but I'm not sure Cat's ship - for example - would be effective against them. I think he should stay on them, and if anyone else has torpedos or heavy weaponry, they should fire at the AA.

Second priority is Braxis, as he seems able to do serious damage to the Dragon. Either Cat or Mandall should help Murdock put his away. The other should try to get the Cloakshapes off Ganet's tail, as he can't take a lot more punishment.

The Y-wing is fairly small potatoes.
e of pi 2007-01-19 18:09:29
Okay, sounds like here's how it'll work out:

Murdoch: Targeting Braxis
Mandall: Targeting Braxis
Calsera: Cloakshapes
Ganet: AA guns
Ty: One shot at the Y wing, then the AA guns.
fanchergw 2007-01-19 19:31:33
e of pi wrote:

Okay, sounds like here's how it'll work out:

Murdoch: Targeting Braxis
Mandall: Targeting Braxis
Calsera: Cloakshapes
Ganet: AA guns
Ty: One shot at the Y wing, then the AA guns.

Looks like a sound plan to me.
Gatac 2007-01-19 19:41:41
*bites nails*

Come on, come on, kill the bastards!

Gatac

(Note: *This* is how you GM a goddamn running fight. Great work, Admiral!)