OOC: Babes in the Woods

fanchergw 2006-05-09 19:43:40
Go for it. The Gran and Kubaz are likely to be distracted due to being engaged by others in the group, like the big metal droid.
e of pi 2006-05-09 22:46:39
Could Calsera try to stun the Rodian? If possible, I'd like to get some info on his intentions and who he works for. Ganet's return is first priority, though.
Aihal the Silent 2006-05-09 22:51:35
Also, if you want more back up, Jorm and Ty can join you. Just didn't want to leave the Docking pit in case the GM tried some Dicketry.
fanchergw 2006-05-10 00:04:58
I don't know if Star Wars blasters have a stun setting, but if so I'm willing to go with that. Otherwise, the rodian is meat.

I think we need Jorm and Ty to cover the ship; too much chance of getting screwed otherwise. We should be able to handle the current situation.
e of pi 2006-05-10 00:10:21
They do. Rember Leia's encounter with Stormies at the beginning of A New Hope? Bluish ring things.
Aihal the Silent 2006-05-10 00:40:04
You know, it's funny. I've played a lot of star wars and am still surprised by this "stun" setting you speak of. Generally if we wanted someone alive we just had our "brute" character punch them. Still...if you must stun...
e of pi 2006-05-10 02:05:04
I didn't even realize we had blasters, to be honest. I actually meant it the way you sugest. I just meant to take him alive, if possible.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-05-10 03:32:17
Everyone has a blaster, it's Star Wars. :) If you want two, three, or four blasters on your person at all times, just let me know. If you want a repeating blaster (a squad support machinegun, basically), let me know before you leave on the mission. Even then, you're on Nar Shaddaa and could probably get one for cheap.

As for blasters and stun, yes, blasters have stun (Princess Leia, as mentioned). No, it doesn't work very well, which is why you never see it again, ever, in the movies.

Basically, your weapon damage (usually 2 or 3d6 for a hand blaster, 2d8 for most rifle weapons) HAS to beat the victim's Physical roll. If not, then they suffer a mild shock and that's it. Any Wounds you might cause, however, are added on top of the rolled damage as Stun damage... long story short, when they work, they work well, but there's a good chance you'll just ping a shock bolt off someone. Better to blast the sumbitch in the leg. :)

Actual Play Example: My brother, coworker, and I are in a weekly SW game that our cousin is running. We're playing bounty hunters, using this system, and we've just been tractored in by a Star Destroyer and told to come out peaceably after we blasted their scanning crew. Anyhow, the Imperials wanted us alive, so they were set to stun. My guy took out 6 Stormtroopers with his rifle butt before they stunned him. If they were set on "carbonize the damn fool", I would've been dropped, wounded but (mostly) alive, before reaching their group.
e of pi 2006-05-10 06:28:58
Right then. Calsera, set for kill, but shoot to incapacitate. Everybody else, get the thugs.
fanchergw 2006-05-10 06:49:50
e of pi wrote:

Right then. Calsera, set for kill, but shoot to incapacitate. Everybody else, get the thugs.

Works for me. If Calsera can work her way close enough and they're both up after a couple rounds, she'll pop her claws and switch to cat-scratch-fever.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-05-10 16:56:42
Just wanted to give Threadbare the chance to post for Ganet, but it's been 2 days and you guys are obviously ready to go. He's welcome to join in after the poodoo hits the fan. :)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-05-10 17:13:17
And that's initiative (or Ishi Tib, as we've taken to calling it at home) :)

Cat went first with her awesome and surprisingly effective action.
Ganet's next (10)
Mandall (9)
Gran (4)
MDK (3, chalk it up to having to push through a crowd)
Rodian (would've gone on 3, but he dodged and blew his action)
Kubaz (2)

Also, I'm probably not going to be posting the mechanics of every exchange, but I was feeling saucy. :) If you guys prefer it, however, I certainly CAN do that.
Gatac 2006-05-10 17:24:11
I'm taking the Rodian. Eat superheated plasma, jerkwad!

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-05-10 17:53:04
If you want to scan the cargo (I assume you do, from your post), I'll roll your skill and divulge as much info as the roll turns up.

No Spidey-Sense tingles yet.
Aihal the Silent 2006-05-10 19:01:26
Do we have a plan other than to infiltrate the organization? Are we going to blow the shit out of it after infiltrating? Are we actually going to deliver this cargo?
e of pi 2006-05-10 19:05:44
I say we wait until we're away, check carefully, multiple times, for any security, then tag the shipment somehow. After we take down the organisation, we can then follow the tags back to the people. If we can't do that, we really have no choice but to deliver the cargo intact. We need more credibility in Naga's organization before we start taking it down. Also, are other squadrons are continuing the faux-Imp harrying, as was planned?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-05-10 19:14:00
I believe the choice on whether to blow the shit out of the organization comes after you've infiltrated it and find out what parts are all right to blow the shit out of. :)

Planting tracking devices on the crates is a simple matter once you're away. The other ACAG wings will continue to harass shipments, but they won't be common because they need a supply of TIEs, and Mixon apparently likes ramming them into the convoys. :)