OOC: XV - Big Bada-Boom

Dieter 2005-01-26 16:52:19
Note:

Ayumi and Carla haven't actually tried to talk either of the men.
threadbare 2005-01-26 16:57:40
I just said we need to get with a russian speaker b/c we're on a train in the middle of russia.
Dieter 2005-01-26 17:05:34
Quote:

Quote: from Threadbare on 10:57 am on Jan. 26, 2005
I just said we need to get with a russian speaker b/c we're on a train in the middle of russia.

Right. But I did mention the one guy is a boxing champ from Germany and Ayumi just so happens to speak German. :)
threadbare 2005-01-26 17:25:32
Judging from her past mission record, I think that while she might be heading for Moscow, there's just as much chance she's bound for Kazakstan.
Dieter 2005-01-27 21:40:56
Gatty/ADS, you guys are heading back to Novosibirsk?

Using alot of math (of which I personally have no practical experience), you'd probably be able to intercept Jess' train before it arrived in Novosibirsk. That is, if she's even on that one.
punkey 2005-01-28 22:45:10
Is it an "angry, get the fuck out of my train" yell, a "someone's looking for you and they have large guns" yell, or a "they're requesting your help up front right now" yell?

Also, I'm unzipping the bag in anticipation of needing the MP5 inside.

I swear, not having the local language is a pain in the ass. :angry:
Dieter 2005-01-28 22:54:29
You know what? You got XP from the Krasnoyarsk incident, I'll give you an advance on skill points. Give yourself two ranks of Knowledge (Russian). That gives you the equivalent of Russian 101.

It just too stupid for you not to have it.

The conductor (from what you can make of it) is saying something about "they're requesting your help up front right now".
Gatac 2005-01-29 05:54:38
Two ranks of Languages keyed to Russian would be a good idea, too.

Gatac
Dieter 2005-01-29 16:16:22
I didn't want the entire train scenario to get botched just because someone lacked the basic understanding of what the hell was going on.
Dieter 2005-02-03 19:19:00
I should point out that (by now) the babushka has moved Ayumi and Carla to the next cabin berth over from where there were.

|--- Jacque----Old Cabin----New Cabin---|
fanchergw 2005-02-03 21:09:38
Wait a minute! When did the babushka move Ayumi and Carla? She was dealing with her young charge (whose name I never caught) last I saw. I don't recall any interaction between her and the PCs. Don't Ayumi and Carla have their hands full with the two goons?

Jacque's plan was to notify the PCs (who seem quite competent to protect themselves), then go protect the babushka and the young woman that got punched.

Can you clarify what's going on?

(Edited by fanchergw at 1:10 pm on Feb. 3, 2005)
Dieter 2005-02-03 21:17:45
Hrm..well ok. We'll solve this matter of continuity by saying they're still in their original cabin.

I should also point out that their door is non-existent as Karl smashed it clean off its hinges. :)
Dieter 2005-02-03 21:35:01
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 3:09 pm on Feb. 3, 2005
Wait a minute! When did the babushka move Ayumi and Carla? She was dealing with her young charge (whose name I never caught) last I saw. I don't recall any interaction between her and the PCs. Don't Ayumi and Carla have their hands full with the two goons?

Jacque's plan was to notify the PCs (who seem quite competent to protect themselves), then go protect the babushka and the young woman that got punched.

Can you clarify what's going on?

(Edited by fanchergw at 1:10 pm on Feb. 3, 2005)

Following up.

The babushka and her younger colleague are no where to be seen. Presumably, she is applying a cold compress to her friend's broken nose.

Carla and Ayumi are dealing with the two guys in (what's left) of their cabin. Their door is now basically a doorway. You could walk right in to their cabin.
fanchergw 2005-02-03 22:40:00
Last Jacques saw of the babuska and the youngster, they were in his cabin (which is next door to Carla and Ayumi's cabin). Jacques will look in his cabin for them or any indication of where they went if they're gone.

While inside his own cabin, Jacques will keep the door open a crack, to listen. If they bypass Carla and Ayumi's cabin, he'll assume they're after the babushka and her charge and follow. If not, he'll listen for how things are going next door.

He wants to be ready to help if necessary, but not necessarily get involved if not. His response also depends somewhat on exactly who the two men are; they certainly look like government types, to him.
Dieter 2005-02-04 14:51:00
More clarification.

I know that the babushka and the younger woman did leave Jacque's cabin and did tell Ayumi that she would try and find her and Carla a new cabin.

Anyhoo. Update coming soon.
threadbare 2005-02-04 20:47:40
Fuckers! I will destroy you.

Okay, is the stun gun the kind that shoots out the spikes with current running thru a cord that still attaches it to the gun? If that's so, I want to yank the hell out of the cord, pulling Georgi to me as a human shield and optimally getting the cord around his neck.

Did I ever do a gadget or budget buy this mission? When were we supposed to do that? I usually get a garrote watch but I feel like I missed that stage.
Dieter 2005-02-04 21:07:37
Yup it's that kind of stungun.

I don't recall you asking for any gadgets, so we'll assume you've got the garrote watch.
punkey 2005-02-05 00:20:53
I can only assume that Moten's spoken Russian won't past muster with the FSB agents.