OOC: VII

Dieter 2003-02-13 17:42:37
Do I get a Fixer sneak attack if someone's flat footed/surprised, or only if they're completely unaware of me ?
Dieter 2003-02-13 17:50:06
Sneak Attack as per the AEG rules.

Sneak Attack: Starting at 3rd level, the fixer deals extra damage when either flanking a target (see Flanking, page 171) or attacking a target that is currently denied its Dexterity bonus to Defense (such as flat-footed or immobilized opponents). The extra damage is +1d6 at 3rd level, and an additional 1d6 every 2 levels thereafter. Ranged attacks normally gain this bonus only if the target is within one range increment. Beyond that, the accuracy needed to hit the target’s vitals is difficult to achieve. Also, the fixer may not take the autofire or strafe actions when using sneak attack.

The fixer may make a sneak attack with any weapon (or unarmed attack), even one that deals subdual damage. However, the fixer cannot use a weapon that deals normal damage to inflict subdual damage during a sneak attack, even with the –4 penalty usually applied, and he cannot use strafing fire when sneak attacking.

Finally, the fixer cannot sneak attack targets who are immune to critical hits, who have total concealment, or whose vitals are out of reach.
CrazyIvan 2003-02-13 19:21:05
Gun up, one to the head, two to the chest of the right goon.

Not bothering with the flashlight since the lights are still on.
Gatac 2003-02-13 19:34:31
Hm, so now we knew who blew us. Good thing I asked :)

Gatac
Dieter 2003-02-13 19:47:04
Here be a map for ya.

Please note that this level is about 1000ft off the ground. There is only one elevator servicing this floor.
Dieter 2003-02-13 20:47:18
If Brian's goes down, I'll put two bursts into the other guard. If not, I'll shoot the same guy.

Then I'll take a 5-foot sidestep to cover. hopefully they're not expecting to get shot without provocation, so I's can get me sneak attack. :)
Dieter 2003-02-13 21:06:39
What, if anything, are Jess and Harry doing? You are currently in being cuffed and will be so at the end of this round.
Gatac 2003-02-13 21:40:14
Nothing. Just keep smiling and think of a good one-liner for when we kick their asses to Mars and back.

Gatac
threadbare 2003-02-14 05:13:51
I think I might want to fake a seizure at some point. I'll start flashing 'unhealthy' warning signs.
threadbare 2003-02-14 08:14:06
Um, any available cover in there?

Oh yeah, and, ahem...

Ladies first.

Not that she's the greatest threat, but it sounds like such a juicy one-liner opportunity, I honestly can't pass it up.

I'm out of town this weekend, so I trust Dieter to run Gavin on autopilot, so to speak. Just don't get him killed... Or if you do, at least make it look cool. ;)
CrazyIvan 2003-02-14 08:20:45
Hauling the body inbetween the doors of the elevator, going into the room, shooting the lock if need be.

Someone make sure to watch the emergency stairs.
Dieter 2003-02-14 20:52:31
There's lots of cover inside the suite (furniture, pieces of architecture, etc.). All will provide 1/4 (-2 penalty) cover to anyone who uses it.

I'll try and draw up a schematic of the room, but it may not be until Monday.

Oh, and Gavin recognizes the duo...it's the Deckers.

Feel free to verbally assault me as needed.;)
Gatac 2003-02-14 23:09:03
Oh my, if we take *them* down, too, they'll have little choice but to promote us. We've been elimiating so many targets this session that it feels slightly ridiculous :)

Gatac
Dieter 2003-02-15 01:42:38
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 4:09 pm on Feb. 14, 2003
Oh my, if we take *them* down, too, they'll have little choice but to promote us. We've been elimiating so many targets this session that it feels slightly ridiculous :)

Gatac

Gatty...watch out, your hubris is showing. ;)
Gatac 2003-02-16 01:08:27
Oops, my bad. I'm fine with the "fake a seizure" plan, if only because it makes us more of a pain in the ass than we already are.

Gatac
Gatac 2003-02-16 01:12:26
By the way, when we're done with this, maybe we could contact our old comrade General Koskov and run this by him. The whole thing reeks, and he might be able (and maybe also willing) to help us figure out a few things.

Gatac
threadbare 2003-02-16 19:57:44
Good idea.

I think I'll start murmuring about bright lights, and then deliver the seizure when the security either leaves or is informed of the feces-fan-contact.

Y'know, after watching Boondock Saints yesterday with my girlfriend and her family (her dad really liked it, actually), this seems really reminiscent of the shootout at the russian hotel, except for the bad television part.

(Edited by Threadbare at 2:00 pm on Feb. 16, 2003)
threadbare 2003-02-18 02:42:07
Back.

Dieter, you ass! ;) I've been quietly dreading the day when we'd run back into the Deckers. Now I'm with them. Alone with them. My first thought was, "I'm going to die. I'm going to die painfully."

Now, my attitude is, "If we don't kill these bastards now, then at least we'll be sending them packing with a hell of a hospital bill."

Action die to Defense.