Jade Imperium OOC 4

Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-09-19 19:32:39
OK, this next section may work like a chase, if your intention is to somehow lose the Kansatai drones before they can get men to your position. If that's so:

1. Running is based on your Move trait. If you all move as a group, the lowest among you rolls. That'd be Hugh, Stanhill, or Davis. If you split up, you can go in groups or take your chances alone. Angel has the best chances, because his Aspect "Ghost" would apply in this particular chase situation. Semo moves fast, as does Max.

2. Like Spycraft, you work to build advantage over your opponents in a series of opposed checks. In addition to the basic roll, you can also opt to make an obstacle - choose a difficulty die that both you AND the enemy have to beat (or typically take damage).

3. There's also the option to take multiple actions, firing on the move.

We'll go to an advantage of 8 before the Kansatai get skimmers with actual people in them on top of you. There'll be less people than there would be otherwise thanks to Garrett and Max's distraction.

Assuming that plan doesn't work for you, there's the GTA-style "hole up somewhere and let 'em come." Was there a particular type of destination you're looking for, or is "away from the bad men" as good as any? :)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-09-19 19:37:38
And a conversation with Dieter led to a rather unintentional but accurate summary of the situation: It's SG-1 vs. the Combine! :)
fanchergw 2007-09-19 21:37:19
"Run away" works for me. I figure Semo may be slowed a bit by the crate of weapons. Plus, since he knows it's their best chance for some local funds, he can't use it as an impromtu obstacle for the pursuers.

If he gets cornered, he'll put the crate down and kill as many as he can.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-09-20 16:23:30
This round, Hugh rolls for the group (d6 Move) and gets a 3 vs. the drones' d8 Move (floating, speedy drones) result of 8. A Wild Die brings Hugh up to 5.

The drones have 3 advantage to your 0.
fanchergw 2007-09-20 17:11:59
We might want to consider splitting up. Have some guys lure the pursuit away from our only source of funds. Not much good saving them from the pair of Kansatai if we can't get them to Panipon to sell them.
Dieter 2007-09-20 17:43:34
fanchergw wrote:

We might want to consider splitting up. Have some guys lure the pursuit away from our only source of funds. Not much good saving them from the pair of Kansatai if we can't get them to Panipon to sell them.

Someone needs to keep Arketta on a short leash until things settle down. This is prime time for him to turn heel on us.
Dieter 2007-09-20 19:01:19
Punkey wrote:

Agreed. Do we know where the hell we're running to?

Good question. The short answer would be "away". The long answer being "until we've lost the Kansatai."
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-09-20 19:03:43
Nobody really said anything about any kind of attempted destination, so Dieter's right - "until you've lost the Kansatai".
Gatac 2007-09-20 21:14:41
I vote split up. We need a diversion to get the trade goods out of sight.

Gatac
Dieter 2007-09-20 21:17:16
Gatac wrote:

I vote split up. We need a diversion to get the trade goods out of sight.

Gatac

Sure! We can do more damage that way. 8-)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-09-20 22:14:52
All right, I'll continue the chase with two groups. I'm assuming people are OK with splitting so that we have a "d6 Move" team and a "d8 Move" team?

Team Jesse Owens:
Semo & crate
Max
Angel
Arketta

Team Distract the Pigs:
Hugh
Luis
Davis
Taylor
Mellish
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-09-20 22:31:47
Max's team has a run of abysmal rolling - they get a 2 to the drone's 1, which gives them a 1-0 lead. The drone actually runs afoul of the environment and takes damage.

Hugh's team spends Wild Dice again but is much more successful: 11 to 6, giving them a total 5-3 lead over their pursuit.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-09-21 19:31:37
Max's team spends a Wild Die to offset their 1 and snags a 10 to the Kansatai's 6. You're in the lead, 5-0.

Hugh's team actually naturally beats the cops - they lead 7-3, and only need 1 more advantage point to lose their pursuers.
Dieter 2007-09-21 20:48:00
I recommend someone fire and extended burst upward for a great crowd pleasing effect. :)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-09-24 18:24:17
With a 6, Hugh's team beats the Kansatai's 3 and lose their pursuers.

Max's distraction adds a bonus, but even with a 6, the Kansat forces' 8 reduce your lead slightly. You now lead 5-2.

The crowd stampede's a good idea, but being out in the open also provided a good rationale for the dice results this round.
Dieter 2007-09-24 18:29:55
admiralducksauce wrote:

With a 6, Hugh's team beats the Kansatai's 3 and lose their pursuers.

Max's distraction adds a bonus, but even with a 6, the Kansat forces' 8 reduce your lead slightly. You now lead 5-2.

The crowd stampede's a good idea, but being out in the open also provided a good rationale for the dice results this round.

Who's got the smoke grenades?
Gatac 2007-09-24 18:39:32
Christ. I bet this is how it feels when you're on Cops.

Gatac