Jade Imperium OOC 4

e of pi 2007-09-01 18:31:21
admiralducksauce wrote:

ok, italics might be confusing, you're right. I'll be using "normal speech" for Imperial and *this for English*, as Imperial is now the setting default, so to speak.

Cool. I can work with that.
fanchergw 2007-09-05 20:27:23
Watch out. Hugh is whispering sweet nothings in the man's ear... :lol:
Gatac 2007-09-08 07:49:08
I say we walk away to a quiet little alley and see if we can dig up some info on this Panipon character. Is there something like municipal WiFi and Google? :)

Gatac
punkey 2007-09-08 09:58:09
I doubt that he's listed in the Imperial Yellow Pages, and criminals rarely advertise themselves online. Unless we can get into the Imperial criminal database, we're probably not going to get much.

Also, I want to scan that business bracelet with an EM field detector. We should also ask Arketta how that thing's supposed to be used and what it does. Best case, it's just got some RFID thing in it that can be shielded, worst case, it's a tracking device/bug/small explosive device hooked straight into Imperium HQ. We'll have to see, won't we? :)
punkey 2007-09-10 22:22:17
"Would you like to fox a vox?"
"No, I prefer to box my vox with rocks."
"Some prefer to box their vox with socks down by the docks?"
"Not I, I use locks on my box with vox."

:)
fanchergw 2007-09-11 18:10:33
Punkey wrote:

"Would you like to fox a vox?"
"No, I prefer to box my vox with rocks."
"Some prefer to box their vox with socks down by the docks?"
"Not I, I use locks on my box with vox."

:)

Damn funny spin on Green Eggs & Ham, Punkey! :lol:
punkey 2007-09-13 10:21:24
We take them into some side alley, offer them a cut of the weapons, or the weapons sale. If they get unreasonable or try to report us anyway, we kill them with the merch. They're stationed on some God-forsaken backwater post, bribery is probably the way things get done around here.
Dieter 2007-09-17 22:18:12
Punkey wrote:

Well, I tried to be fair...

Thanks for not asking before acting. :?

Seriously, this is fucking us over royally.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-09-17 22:23:17
Initiative:

Max
Semo
Luis & male Kansatai
Hugh & Taylor & Mellish

(Angel and Davis have acted)

If there's some contention about what just happened, let's talk about it. I'll take back Angel's shot if Ivan wasn't down with what's going on, but Davis did what Davis did.
Gatac 2007-09-17 22:31:06
Depressingly, leading the two into an quiet place and killing them was my first instinct. Punkey actually introduced the "Try to bribe them" idea. And sorry, but half our trade goods going to those two bloodsuckers wasn't gonna do. We don't have time to organise an artefact trade ring - this shipment has to bankroll our operation.

Does it suck? Hell yeah. Do I see another way to do this? Nope. I'll gladly support a better idea, but as it stands, the best way I see is to get rid of those two and keep it low.

Gatac
Dieter 2007-09-17 22:47:44
Gatac wrote:

Depressingly, leading the two into an quiet place and killing them was my first instinct. Punkey actually introduced the "Try to bribe them" idea. And sorry, but half our trade goods going to those two bloodsuckers wasn't gonna do. We don't have time to organise an artefact trade ring - this shipment has to bankroll our operation.

Does it suck? Hell yeah. Do I see another way to do this? Nope. I'll gladly support a better idea, but as it stands, the best way I see is to get rid of those two and keep it low.

Gatac

The current predicament was easily predicted and expected, but I'm just a bit peeved at the lack of even a simple heads-up before Punkey just started shooting. The base of my argument is Punkey deciding everyone's fate by himself.

Not-cool-at-all. :x
Gatac 2007-09-17 22:57:15
For starters, that wasn't him alone. If you're gonna blame anyone, blame me - I had just as much to do with deciding the point at which we should start shooting, and I didn't think of informing you guys, either.

Second, while I agree that it would have been better to post this in the OOC (I'm still smacking myself for that), I think that it wouldn't have changed much of anything. Even if we'd exchanged our opinions, there was no way we could have acted on it IC. This had to happen. It wasn't the best way to do it, but I don't think it's a serious fuck-up.

Let's all take a deep breath, finish the fight and look where we stand then.

Gatac
Dieter 2007-09-17 23:23:03
Gatac wrote:

For starters, that wasn't him alone. If you're gonna blame anyone, blame me - I had just as much to do with deciding the point at which we should start shooting, and I didn't think of informing you guys, either.

Second, while I agree that it would have been better to post this in the OOC (I'm still smacking myself for that), I think that it wouldn't have changed much of anything. Even if we'd exchanged our opinions, there was no way we could have acted on it IC. This had to happen. It wasn't the best way to do it, but I don't think it's a serious fuck-up.

Let's all take a deep breath, finish the fight and look where we stand then.

Gatac

Regardless of whether it was the right/wrong thing to do, we've got a lot invested in the characters/game and I would like a full say in what we do/don't do.

Simply post your intentions here and give people a chance to react whether for the better or worse.
punkey 2007-09-18 04:33:03
I'm sorry, are you suggesting that the actions of a player's character is up for a committee vote?
CrazyIvan 2007-09-18 07:24:24
*dons flameproof suit*

I believe the argument is that some of us would have appreciated a "heads up" or at least some inkling of what was happening when the actions of one player very much influence the party as a whole.

Examples:

GM: "As the four hobbits make their way into the tranquil elven city, an aged man with a kind face and a tattered grey cloak approaches..."
Player: "I stab him."

One may also recall the ignoble demise of Jessica from SnS at the hands of a called shot to the back of the head.

As for me. *shrug* Angel does what he's told.
punkey 2007-09-18 07:34:16
Fair enough. I'm surprised no one saw that one coming, to be honest.
fanchergw 2007-09-18 17:52:27
I saw it as one possible way to deal with the situation, but certainly not the only.
Gatac 2007-09-18 18:19:38
Frankly, they were not to be negotiated with the minute they got greedy. Giving them half our trade goods for "permits" we won't need after we close the deal crosses the line from greasing the gears to screwing us. I would have been fine with leaving a couple of "samples", but that was just too much.

That said, the Imperium is now 3 for 3 on the whole "I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further." - "Yeah, fuck you!" business. (Original truce on Whirr, Prisoner exchange, and now the permit bribery.) I wonder how long it'll be until they learn to take what they can get?

I have zero pity for them. Play with fire, get burnt.

Gatac