OOC: Junkyard Wars

Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-02-12 20:09:30
You are correct. As a side note, MDK has a restraining bolt preventing him from firing on Jileeza herself, but ion gunner is fair game.

And since at least one of the group is opening fire, we'll go to initiative after MDK's opening attack.

We can talk stats for Mr. Droid in a bit, Dieter. I'll PM you or Chatzy tomorrow.

Initiative:
MDK-911 (opens combat)
Jorm & Dutch (your attacks will be at a penalty, but you can draw and fire in one round if you wish)
Calsera (you're armed and behind cover already)
Jileeza
Mandall (ditto)
Aurelia
Highwaymen (got a 1)
DatonKallandor 2006-02-12 21:14:31
If you manage to prolong the combat for 3 rounds Eritram will provide you with some precise fire.

Daton[/list]
Aihal the Silent 2006-02-12 21:23:43
Just to claify. If Jorm can get to cover, draw and fire this round, he will. Otherwise, he will just be getting behind cover and will be firing at Jileeza next round.
Aihal the Silent 2006-02-12 23:33:42
admiralducksauce wrote:

Yes, you can take cover, draw, and fire. It'll be at a penalty, but you sure can.

Then that's what I shall do.
Gatac 2006-02-13 16:07:51
BASTARDS!

:D

Time to jump the nearest goon for their death dealer, methinks.

Gatac
DatonKallandor 2006-02-13 17:42:30
Didnt we get a level up after Vandal Squad? If so I think Eritram still hasent received his power ups. (Which is entirely my fault). When would be a good time to change that?

Daton
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-02-13 17:51:49
Right now's fine. I believe I said you could either raise a Trait one die type or add a second Specialization. For Eritram's purposes, there are no Traits higher than d12, so you can't raise your Combat. :)
Dieter 2006-02-13 18:31:19
Dutch took a specialization in Survival Tactics. After getting nearly killed by overzealous Imps, the last thing he wants is to die at their hands.
Aihal the Silent 2006-02-13 18:43:28
Jorm took a specialization in Repair, unfortunately, Adam has stated that the Skiff is hosed.

Are there any other skiffs/hovercraft nearby?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-02-13 19:58:03
There are other speeders and such available for carjacking or hotwiring, but first you'd need to get out of the tunnel... past either the overturned cart-turned-bunker, or the 2 guys blocking passage from the way you came.

The skiff has been ionized - you can fix it, and if anyone COULD do it while in a firefight it's you guys. Likely the baddies plan on using it to take the cargo back to Stryker's, so they wouldn't want to just blow it to bits.

I know I've said I didn't want to get into the nitty-gritty of Star Wars technology. I would assume you'd check your weapons' power packs or whatever - the "tibanna gas" excuse was a Star Wars analogy for removing the firing pins (the Wits rolls in general were not so good, and 'Za is fairly sneaky in her own right). Anyways, I imagine this dirty trick will end with aforementioned rocks and shivs being used to horrible effectiveness. Yes, vibroknives and the like are fully operational.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-02-13 20:01:17
Calsera, you can make a knife attack at a penalty (either thrown or melee - throwing obviously loses your weapon, melee means you're leaving cover), or if you'd prefer, hunker down and spring out on your next action where you won't have a penalty from jumping to cover and swapping weapons and all that. Assuming knifing people is what's on your mind in the first place. :)
fanchergw 2006-02-13 21:00:59
admiralducksauce wrote:

Calsera, you can make a knife attack at a penalty (either thrown or melee - throwing obviously loses your weapon, melee means you're leaving cover), or if you'd prefer, hunker down and spring out on your next action where you won't have a penalty from jumping to cover and swapping weapons and all that. Assuming knifing people is what's on your mind in the first place. :)

Nope. No suicide charge here. Cat will go after the nearest opponent in the next round. Slicey-dicey
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-02-13 23:03:14
Initiative for Round 2:

Dutch (wow!)
Jileeza & Mandall
Calsera
Jorm & Aurelia
MDK-911 (doh!)
Highwaymen

Calsera'll make a Wits roll vs. the closest thug or 'Za herself - with a success she'll be getting a good bushwhacking on 'em.
fanchergw 2006-02-13 23:18:38
Not entirely certain where we are in the order. My post assumes that we've reached round 2. On her turn, Cat will attempt to slip up on 'Za and knife her.
CrazyIvan 2006-02-14 04:00:39
Forum appears to have eaten my first post.

Basically, I figure Aurelia's been in a dirty fight or two, what with being on the verge of becoming a pirate queen at one point. And J. is going to be chronically underestimating the darker parts of her back story...hopefully fatally.

Goal of this bit of mechanical randomness is a very fast, violent spin. One that leaves J impaled on a steering strut.