OOC: Junkyard Wars

Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-03-01 22:39:09
I'm not going to shoot down your idea. Aihal used exactly the same idea in a long-gone tabletop Star Wars game I ran. Just wanted to explain how I handle the "default" turrets.

Ty's got himself a side project. Try not to get your friends killed with it. :) (I kid, I kid)

But seriously, yeah, Ty's got a side project now. You'll need droid brains, and probably the closer you get to combat models the easier it'll be to have them handle firing solutions.
Aihal the Silent 2006-03-01 22:50:11
The entire point of the tabletop character ADS mentioned was to have the ship pilotable by one person. To that end, he used a pair of Assassin Droid Brains to handle the turrets. Not as effective as real, skilled people, but good enough. So, you need to challenge two Assassin droids to single combat and destroy them while leaving their brains int act. No biggie. :D

Ty won't ever have to worry about piloting the Echo alone, because Jorm won't leave her for long. :lol:

Oh yeah, Jorm is going to leave a permanent "under construction" or "in bay for service" tag by the Echo in the Sword's computer so that people like Dak can't use it on missions without consulting Jorm first.
e of pi 2006-03-01 23:43:12
Sounds good, then. I'll make a note in my next gamepost. Now, the other question I asked:
Quote:

Also, for future refence, what interior accomadations does Echo have? Bunks for long trips? Some sort of lounge like in the Falcon? And how many people can it carry? The windows toward the rear seem to be like a second level, which would be in scale if the thicked parts of the side prongs are docking tubes. And I'm going to assume that the cockpit is the octagonal windows between the prongs?

I'm asking because, well, as the Boy Scouts say, it's best to be prepared.

EDIT: Well, I googled it and came up with a thread full of images of the interior of various multi-player ships, but my school has decided that any site like ImageShack is bad, so I can't access them now. I'll take a look when I get home.

THE EDIT STRIKES BACK: I found this: ECHO%20Logo%20WWW2004.52.gif and think it would make a good logo for the Echo.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2006-03-02 22:56:08
It can carry the Vandals with little to no extra room, and sleeping in shifts. For now, let's say 8 people with a bunk shared between every two people, but don't hold me to it if the rosters change. It'll have a meager autochef, just enough to pipe steaming hot... something into your cup. No lounge - I'll say the upper deck thing is mostly the sensor systems now (like a space AWACs).

Echo is cramped, hard-edged, stuffed full of conduits, crawlspaces, and consoles.