OOC 2: Vandal Squadron - same as the first

Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-12-02 15:05:24
Sure, Aurelia has the gear to fix the bridge. The challenge in this particular case is to repair the damage before the shuttle fails to arrive at its destination or fails to answer any status reports. You can't spoof the status report because the other CAG squadron was going after the proper codes and you don't have them yet. You obviously won't be arriving at your destination. So reinforcements will get launched and come after you. And unless you guys really screw up, you only have to worry about how long it's been since that last status report.

Actually, I take that back. Jorm, with his specialization, could try to spoof the codes. It would be difficult and carry dire consequences for failure, but I'm not gonna say you can't do it.
Aihal the Silent 2005-12-02 15:16:07
I think the best bet is to find out WHEN the status report was sent. We can work until close to the deadline and Jorm can try and spoof the codes at that point. Right now, our shuttle repair priorities should be:

Engines-sublight
Engines-hyperdrive
Sensors
Navicomputer

I figured Aurelia would do best on the engines, and Jorm on the bridge systems.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-12-02 15:22:08
Sounds like a plan. Ganet can transfer back to the Y-Wing without any trouble, unless someone wants to take the Y-Wing instead. What will be done with the prisoners, and who will be doing said "what" to them? Dutch or Calsera will have an advantage in "mean", but Ganet or Eritram might be better at "insidious", seeing as how they're from nobility.
Dieter 2005-12-02 15:53:40
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 9:22 am on Dec. 2, 2005
Sounds like a plan. Ganet can transfer back to the Y-Wing without any trouble, unless someone wants to take the Y-Wing instead. What will be done with the prisoners, and who will be doing said "what" to them? Dutch or Calsera will have an advantage in "mean", but Ganet or Eritram might be better at "insidious", seeing as how they're from nobility.

The IMPs get searched, then gagged and hogtied until we're back in the fleet.
Aihal the Silent 2005-12-02 16:48:00
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 9:53 am on Dec. 2, 2005

Quote:

And knocked unconscious again?
fanchergw 2005-12-02 17:07:23
The boys back at the base can handle the interogations; I don't see any reason for us to bother with that stuff unless something strange happens.

I'm thinking that once the shuttle gets repaired, it's going to need a pilot. Since Eritram is competant to fly the B-wing, Calsera might as well hang around and handle that duty.

BTW, would it be possible for the Dagger to fly at a decent speed or go hyper with the shuttle either docked or tractored? I'm guessing no, but thought I would ask.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-12-02 17:09:25
Sadly, no. You can go in a straight line at a fairly good clip, but you have little to no maneuverability. Hyperspacing is right out.
fanchergw 2005-12-02 17:12:41
Perhaps while Aurelia and Jorm are doing their magic, we can work our way out of the immediate area? That way, if the Imps come looking for the missing shuttle, we won't just be sitting right their in their flight path.
Dieter 2005-12-02 17:13:13
Quote:

Quote: from Aihal the Silent on 10:48 am on Dec. 2, 2005

Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 9:53 am on Dec. 2, 2005

Quote:

And knocked unconscious again?

Hrm. You saw what happened when we tried to stun them. They get interrogated one at a time, a watch being posted for the others until we get back to the fleet. If they do start shit, we're going to be ready for them.
Aihal the Silent 2005-12-02 17:17:51
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 11:07 am on Dec. 2, 2005
The boys back at the base can handle the interogations; I don't see any reason for us to bother with that stuff unless something strange happens.

I'm thinking that once the shuttle gets repaired, it's going to need a pilot. Since Eritram is competant to fly the B-wing, Calsera might as well hang around and handle that duty.

BTW, would it be possible for the Dagger to fly at a decent speed or go hyper with the shuttle either docked or tractored? I'm guessing no, but thought I would ask.

Jorm is a decent Pilot (D8), so he can fly the shuttle and Calsera can be put to use in her fighter. That's the commander's decision though.
DatonKallandor 2005-12-02 19:34:20
I am opposed to interrogation, you saw what happened when they were threatened with nowhere to go. A repeat of that wouldnt be good.

Daton
Dieter 2005-12-02 19:38:23
Quote:

Quote: from DatonKallandor on 1:34 pm on Dec. 2, 2005
I am opposed to interrogation, you saw what happened when they were threatened with nowhere to go. A repeat of that wouldnt be good.

Daton

Oh. Maybe my my last post wasn't clear. I'm not opposed to the idea of interrogation, but at the same time I'm not openly condoning it. Dutch would be satisfied with just tieing them up and throwing them into a guarded cargo hold until we get back.

I'd also agree with Jorm flying the shuttle to free up Calsera.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-12-02 20:03:21
This is great! I've never seen you guys so scared of Imperial crewmen - so are you going to interrogate them or keep the trio of Casey Reibacks in the cargo hold?
Aihal the Silent 2005-12-02 20:39:19
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 2:03 pm on Dec. 2, 2005
This is great! I've never seen you guys so scared of Imperial crewmen - so are you going to interrogate them or keep the trio of Casey Reibacks in the cargo hold?

In everyone's defense, I don't think we've ever run into such competent Imperial Crewmen.
Dieter 2005-12-02 20:39:35
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 2:03 pm on Dec. 2, 2005

I'm not scared. I just don't want to be alienated from the entire crew by spacing the lot of Imperials prior to the jump.

It's more of a morale issue than a moral issue.
Dieter 2005-12-02 21:05:30
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 2:56 pm on Dec. 2, 2005
Once bit, twice shy.

Next time I think I'm just going to open up with, "Any resistance will be met with deadly force!"

Screw this stun-setting crap. ;)
Aihal the Silent 2005-12-02 21:48:10
Unless there are objections, Jorm is going to try and fake the status report to them. He'll tell them that there was a problem with the comm system (not a lie) or some such nonsense. ("We're all fine here....how are you." ) He'll also advise them to return to base and if necessary claim that it is ordered by whatever name is on the Moff's uniforms they have obtained.
threadbare 2005-12-04 21:33:22
Complain about dispatchers/navigators plotting them into the middle of an asteroid field.
CrazyIvan 2005-12-05 03:30:30
Meanwhile, Aurelia is going to make a sprint to the bridge of the Dagger for nav coordinates.