OOC 2: Vandal Squadron - same as the first

Aihal the Silent 2005-12-05 14:40:55
Quote:

Quote: from Threadbare on 3:33 pm on Dec. 4, 2005
Complain about dispatchers/navigators plotting them into the middle of an asteroid field.

Actually, I was thinking about something along the lines of comm interference from some of the asteroids, but hey...whatever BS holds them off.
Dieter 2005-12-05 15:41:09
How high on the BS-Meter is the moff's complaint registering? Given the nature of their initial resistance, I'm pretty sure we would have not let anything in their crates.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-12-05 16:07:34
He sounds pretty panicked, and your thoughts would first drift to mynocks. That would be a nasty way to go, locked in a dark box with an irritated mynock. But mynocks are loud when riled, and you don't hear a mynock. That said, you were docked on Tanteldra a long time and there could've been any sort of beastie who could've crawled up the landing gear and made its home in a nice, dark cargo container.

I realize that two of the prisoners are crewmen, and the other is a Moff. I gave it a 5-6 on a d6 for screaming guy to be the Moff, and I got a 5. It's the box with the Moff (I'm sorry).

I assume you probably wouldn't open it up in case it IS a trick, because you don't have backup currently and you can't get backup right now. But still, what's worse?
1. Moff (high muckety-muck prisoner) gets eaten/poisoned in his box. What's that going to do to you once people find out that you let a Moff get eaten on your watch?
2. You open it up, Moff's bluffing. Do you still set your blaster on kill?
3. What if you open it and he's NOT bluffing, and between him and the beastie you can't get 'em both? One or the other slinks off into the Dagger - what if the Moff trashes the hyperdrive and then the Imperials show up? Or the beastie lies in wait and then you've got Alien on your hands?
4. You leave him in there 'cause he's bluffing and everything proceeds smoothly (albeit loud and annoyingly).
Dieter 2005-12-05 16:23:24
1) Alert the crew of what is happening in the cargohold, situation be damned. Someone else will know what is going before I try anything.

2) Security lock the cargo hold from inside, informing said contacted crewmate of the code. I will also be leaving my blaster outside the door in case this wiseass does manage to bushwhack me.

2a) Is there a cutting torch readily available?

2b) Is there anything I could make a swat-mirror out of to monitor the contents of the box?

3) If 2a and/or 2b are not available, I will be (if possible) opening the cargobox door while standing on top of the box. If I can't do that, I will be standing on the side of the crate when it opens.

I can't go any further until I know what's available.
Aihal the Silent 2005-12-05 16:38:50
Does the shuttle have any weapons? Are they working? Can you give me a run down of what is functional and what is not?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-12-05 16:51:37
The shuttle has flight controls back, communications, and life support. It HAD two laser cannon on the bases of the lower wings, but the controls for those were cannibalized to put the other consoles back together. It's got deflectors - barely. Oh, and as I mentioned before, the hyperdrive will work, but the coordinates have to be "injected" directly.

As for the crate, that's a good way to handle it. You can climb on top and reach a stick or length of pipe down to key the door controls. You can also leave really quick and procure both a mirror and cutting torch in less than a minute (before you seal yourself into the cargo hold).
Dieter 2005-12-05 16:59:38
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 10:51 am on Dec. 5, 2005

As for the crate, that's a good way to handle it. You can climb on top and reach a stick or length of pipe down to key the door controls. You can also leave really quick and procure both a mirror and cutting torch in less than a minute (before you seal yourself into the cargo hold).

Nice. Ok. New plan. I'm going to procure said torch and mirror then lock myself in. Jorm will get the access code while I'm fetching the tools.

Locked inside, I'll be cutting a fist-sized hole in the top center of the crate. Dropping a glowstick in then examining what's going on inside using the mirror. If that guy's playing spacepossum, I'm going to be dropping more than glowsticks in there. If he's telling the truth and there is something to worry about, I'll be going to option #3 of activating the crate door lock from above...hydrospanner in hand ready for Moff-smashing.

I will try to limit the damage done to him, but if it comes down to him or me, he's eating that wrench.
Aihal the Silent 2005-12-05 17:14:21
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 10:59 am on Dec. 5, 2005
Nice. Ok. New plan. I'm going to procure said torch and mirror then lock myself in. Jorm will get the access code while I'm fetching the tools.

Can you clarify access code? Do you mean the Imp's authorization or the code to the door you're about to lock?
Dieter 2005-12-05 17:17:44
Quote:

Quote: from Aihal the Silent on 11:14 am on Dec. 5, 2005

Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 10:59 am on Dec. 5, 2005

Can you clarify access code? Do you mean the Imp's authorization or the code to the door you're about to lock?

D'oh. By "access code" I meant the one I was going to use to seal myself into the cargo hold. As for the Imp code...

1-2-3-4-5?
Aihal the Silent 2005-12-07 16:13:31
What happens if we don't transmit...will the operation be a wash then too?

Are we ready to jump?

(Edited by Aihal the Silent at 10:15 am on Dec. 7, 2005)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-12-07 17:03:42
You are ready to jump, about a full minute ahead of schedule. At this point, if you don't transmit, they may simply change the codes out of hand.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-12-07 17:43:34
There is another option, maybe. But it's dangerous. You wait for their reinforcements to show up, transmit to THEM, and blast them before they can verify it. Citing "Pirate Attack! Help!" when the fighters engage the Imperials. :) But there could be any number of hyperspace-capable ships coming out of jump... which means they're not gonna be TIE fighters.
DatonKallandor 2005-12-07 18:37:17
Eritram's choice would be leaving - I just hope the hiding manouver doesnt keep the B-Wing from leaving fast enough.

Daton
fanchergw 2005-12-07 18:57:10
As soon as she gets a message from the shuttle or Dagger, Calsera will power up and go.
Aihal the Silent 2005-12-07 22:08:50
If it will help keep them from changing the codes, before the final jump...ie everything is green and ready to go... Jorm would like to flip open the Imperial Comms and send a fake distress call...

"This is Tau Leader *kicks console to create static* we are under attack by *kicks console to create static* systems failure *kicks console to create static* reactor breach *static* *cut off transmission*"

Also, how was Jorm's roll for spoofing the code?