OOC 1: Vandal Squadron

Dieter 2005-07-12 19:52:39
Not sure what Dutch is doing right now. Considering him being observant to the interactions between Aurelia and the Imperials. Dutch's military stance would be too big of a tell if he were to get directly involved in the current situation.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-07-13 20:21:03
Just remember that if you do call in death from above, the Imps might have other townsfolk in the brig or suchlike. Eritram and Calsera are good enough to drop torpedoes on pinheads, but it would be a possible consideration nonetheless.
Aihal the Silent 2005-07-14 00:12:40
I have a plan:

First, Jorm [or someone else] makes contact with a corrupt [presumably] official in the Imperial Outpost on the pretense of buying high-grade parts for the junker he arrived in.

After feeling out the corrupt Imperial Official (hereafter referred to as "CIO" ) Jorm let's it slip that he knows the location of a nice chunk of some valuable resource [Spice, Quantium 40, Nibolium, etc..], but he doesn't have the means to harvest it or transport it in the quantities he would like.

Perhaps the CIO could be convinced to participate in this operation off the books and provide...say...a Lambda-Class Shuttle and some cheap labor in the form of ...say...farmers and/or the families of farmers currently in Imperial custody.

In the course of this mission we would circumvent or blast our way through whatever dicketry the CIO has planned [because they all do] and get away with the shuttle AND the oppressed people. We may then at our leisure either leave or blow the shit out of the Installation.

Problems, Comments, Questions?

(Edited by Aihal the Silent at 5:16 pm on July 13, 2005)
fanchergw 2005-07-14 00:55:12
Like Daton, my character is not their to advise. However, I would say to make sure you scout around enough to ensure we can surgically eliminate the Imperial emplacements without taking out any civilians as well. We WILL blow them to shit!
CrazyIvan 2005-07-14 04:22:37
Do we have that kind of scrip on us, or are we going for credit then blowing town? We could attach hints of lucrative contraband to sweeten the deal.

Here's my adaptation of the plan: We pay the gentleman, which means we're on the inside of a nice corrupt Imperial hierarchy. He apparently trusts Aurelia.

(Edited by CrazyIvan at 9:23 pm on July 13, 2005)
CrazyIvan 2005-07-14 17:16:56
...and we have the mechanic setting up a crime syndicate.

If it looks like I'm headed towards pushing him too far, just going to fork over the credits and rescue the good citizens.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-07-20 16:31:01
You beat the officer by 1, so he can go along with you but don't ask for too much.

Apologies for delays - I'm not in Beef Stew mode but I have actually been working throughout the entire day recently. :)
fanchergw 2005-07-20 17:04:30
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 7:31 am on July 20, 2005
Apologies for delays - I'm not in Beef Stew mode but I have actually been working throughout the entire day recently. :)

I'll have you know that the "w***" is a four-letter word and I'm offended by that kind of language. So lets keep it clean here, shall we? ;)
Dieter 2005-07-20 17:06:21
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 11:04 am on July 20, 2005

Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 7:31 am on July 20, 2005

I'll have you know that the "w***" is a four-letter word and I'm offended by that kind of language. So lets keep it clean here, shall we? ;)

He's lying, Gordon.

Substitute "work" for "playing Freelancer and Eve Online." ;)
Dieter 2005-07-20 17:27:33
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 11:22 am on July 20, 2005
*indignant*

That's AFTER w***! :)

Brent must be reading the messageboards. :)
fanchergw 2005-07-20 19:30:25
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 8:27 am on July 20, 2005

Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 11:22 am on July 20, 2005
*indignant*

That's AFTER w***! :)

Brent must be reading the messageboards. :)

"Brent" being his boss, I presume?
Gatac 2005-07-20 22:46:47
Mandall is back on the ship, looking around and watching our credits. (Or mission budget, whatever.)

Gatac
fanchergw 2005-08-03 23:30:44
So, does Calsera know the answer to Eritram's question? If so, what is the answer?
CrazyIvan 2005-08-04 00:55:14
Alrighty, now that Kaylee...er...Aurelia...has set us up a nice tidy crime ring, how we going to go about swiping two shuttles?

One idea I had was having Captain Corrupto fly a shuttle out to a "secret cargo transfer" and um...taking it.