OOC 1: Vandal Squadron

Dieter 2005-08-24 14:15:10
You could attempt to fly up to the cockpit, flash a sign saying something like "Put on you spacesuit or die." then blow the windscreen. I dunno. It's grasping at straws, but I don't see any other options other than letting the guy burn up during re-entry.
Aihal the Silent 2005-08-24 14:44:39
1. You could try finishing the job. I don't know whether that would cause a bigger or smaller spectacle than letting it crash.

2. You could shoot a torpedo at the system's star in the hopes that the unusual solar activity will distract the Imperials from the crash.

3. You could try hiding again and hope that completing the mission takes less time than it does for an Imperial investigation of the crash.

4. You could start your attack run now, even though we aren't ready. As they say "in for a penny in for a pound".

Just for the Record, I don't support option #4.
Dieter 2005-08-25 15:43:44
I guess the ground team will run with Benn's (Aihal) idea.
CrazyIvan 2005-08-25 15:59:17
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 8:43 am on Aug. 25, 2005
I guess the ground team will run with Benn's (Aihal) idea.

Which was?
Dieter 2005-08-25 16:10:51
Quote:

Quote: from Aihal the Silent on 4:56 pm on Aug. 23, 2005

"Apparently the Imperials are obtaining the parts for their shuttle from a Droid named Birdie Six, a local merchant droid specializing in mechanical parts. I fed the local who provided this information a story about looking for high-grade power converters. We might be able to get to the Imperial Dockmaster through Birdie Six."

fanchergw 2005-08-25 21:09:28
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 6:32 am on Aug. 25, 2005
All right, I'd like to know what A) Eritram & Cal plan to do and B) what the ground crew wants to do.

Adam, I never saw an answer to my question regarding tow cables.

Also, from what Cat knows about flying and such, does she think that the B-wing's engines would be sufficient to pull/push the freighter out of the moon's light gravity (gravity being relative to size), based on how far it is currently from the moon's surface?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-08-25 21:22:25
Hrm, you're right. Sorry bout that. Yeah, we'll say the B-Wing has a tow cable. So I guess the plan is to pull the wreck out of the gravity well then?

Chances are... I'd say around 60/40 in your favor. I'd assume you'd release the cable if it looks bad?
fanchergw 2005-08-25 23:16:53
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 12:22 pm on Aug. 25, 2005
Hrm, you're right. Sorry bout that. Yeah, we'll say the B-Wing has a tow cable. So I guess the plan is to pull the wreck out of the gravity well then?

Chances are... I'd say around 60/40 in your favor. I'd assume you'd release the cable if it looks bad?

Yup, that's the plan, unless vetoed by Daton. And yes, we'll release if we can't overcome the moon's gravity. In that case, I'd recommend we carve up the ship with the lasers in an effort to get a series of smaller explosions, rather than 1 big one.
DatonKallandor 2005-08-25 23:58:27
I vote in favor of all said. Tow cables it is.

In case we have to cut up the ship I recommend we try to cut the non cockpit area the most.

Daton
fanchergw 2005-08-26 01:06:50
We'll also try to avoid cutting through something that's likely to cause a major explosion, like a fuel cell or whatever.
threadbare 2005-08-29 04:51:37
Do they do any day labor for mechanics? That might be a good way to scope out their aptitude.