OOC: XIV - As in Louis XIV, minus the powered wig and frilly

Dieter 2004-11-23 19:29:38
I'll be cooking up a montage for the next scene.

You gotta have a montage. MONTAGE!
Gatac 2004-11-23 19:30:46
What, like an 80s montage?

*starts A-Team theme*

Gatac
Dieter 2004-11-23 19:34:36
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 1:30 pm on Nov. 23, 2004
What, like an 80s montage?

*starts A-Team theme*

Gatac

Sorry for the vague reference. It was a song from Team America: World Police.

But yeah, very A-Team-ish. :cheesy:
Dieter 2004-11-24 14:23:37
Ivan, my first thought was a HALO drop, but how many of the team would be certified to complete one...successfully?

Yup, that would be Brian. Although. Wait. We can fix this. ;)

Expect a slight edit coming up.
punkey 2004-11-27 19:57:08
Any ideas on how someone who was absent will get in? I've got a few, but they're private. That means you can't see them.

Go away. Shoo.
threadbare 2004-11-27 21:28:05
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 10:27 am on Nov. 23, 2004
To: Everyone except Gatac.
Re: Mission budgets

You guys are getting into the realm of being able to pretty much procure anything you want. Just post what you'd like* to have in your personal equipment inventories and we'll go from there. The only thing that will have to be done by the book is the expenditure of vehicle/gadget points.

*Within reason. James Bond has never requested a minigun. You guys have a ballpark in which to purchase stuff, do so accordingly.

I'd like to go with the russian military surplus spectacular. She already has some complimentary stuff in her personal budget (helmet, vest, lazor sight, etc.) so I'd like to requisition:
*an AK-47, extended clip if possible (3-5 additional clips),
*gas mask (preferrably reconditioned since the fall of the wall), maybe gas masks for the whole team?
*mixed bag of grenades (don't have to be that good, maybe flashbang, tear gas, a frag if possible. This one isn't priority. I'm not requesting Simtex, as we'd most likely blow our fingers off)
*RPG-7, (dollar for dollar the most efficient weapon in history) 4-6 rounds.
*one of those really sweet berets.
Dieter 2004-11-27 23:55:13
Quote:

Quote: from Punkey on 1:57 pm on Nov. 27, 2004
Any ideas on how someone who was absent will get in? I've got a few, but they're private. That means you can't see them.

Go away. Shoo.

Punkey, feel free to PM me with details.
CrazyIvan 2004-11-28 23:20:38
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 8:23 am on Nov. 24, 2004
Ivan, my first thought was a HALO drop, but how many of the team would be certified to complete one...successfully?

I'd just like to add that you are my hero.
Dieter 2004-11-29 00:44:52
Quote:

Quote: from CrazyIvan on 5:20 pm on Nov. 28, 2004

Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 8:23 am on Nov. 24, 2004

I'd just like to add that you are my hero.

Eh. The mission was lacking a certain bit of suspense and intrigue that has been commonplace since the beginning. Brian's "behind enemy lines" was a great last minute add-in. :)

Thank you for mentioning the possibility.
CrazyIvan 2004-11-29 08:20:37
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 6:44 pm on Nov. 28, 2004

Eh. The mission was lacking a certain bit of suspense and intrigue that has been commonplace since the beginning. Brian's "behind enemy lines" was a great last minute add-in. :)

Thank you for mentioning the possibility.

No worries. But you're tempting me to requisition a tinfoil hat.

(Edited by CrazyIvan at 2:20 am on Nov. 29, 2004)
Dieter 2004-11-29 22:27:39
Gordon,

Punkey has been waiting on deck for quite some time to play in my game. I had to give him priority over you. In lieu of this, I'd like to offer you at least a supporting role in the game if you're still interested.

Consider it the same way SNL does their show. You have the "regulars" but also the "featured performers".

And IP...haven't forgot about you. You can still play if you have the time. We'll just relegate your character into the Dan Akroyd/John Goodman/Alec Baldwin classification.

(Edited by Dieter at 4:29 pm on Nov. 29, 2004)
fanchergw 2004-11-30 00:58:12
That's a wonderful idea, Dieter! It would be fun to play the "guest star of the week". That would give me the chance to play a variety of different characters, and give you the ability to tailor them to what the plot needs. If you build the characters, it also avoids the issue of me knowing very little about the Spycraft system.

Thank you.
Dieter 2004-11-30 15:18:03
Gordon, what kind of character would you like to play. There is going to be a multitude of NPCs coming in/out of play during this mission?

-Good guy?
-Bad guy?
-Gun-toting maniac with a penchant for killing people with rusty razorblades?
-Unsuspecting babushka with an AK?
Dieter 2004-11-30 15:20:20
And another thing. I don't know why I do it to myself, but this multifaceted/multi-angled plotline is going far better than I originally anticipated. I think it's the fact that I can keep the game going with only a minimal amount of participation as there are people everywhere.

...freaking EVERYWHERE!

Gah.
Gatac 2004-11-30 15:35:51
Well...

Brian
Jess
Peter
Everyone Else
(Gordon)

That's a hell of a lot of seperate plots, even though two are about to meld.

Gatac
fanchergw 2004-11-30 16:12:38
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 7:18 am on Nov. 30, 2004
Gordon, what kind of character would you like to play. There is going to be a multitude of NPCs coming in/out of play during this mission?

-Good guy?
-Bad guy?
-Gun-toting maniac with a penchant for killing people with rusty razorblades?
-Unsuspecting babushka with an AK?

All of the above? ;)

Well, I haven't played a bad guy (other than Jileeza) for awhile. How about the Bad Guy or the Maniac? Let me get my hands dirty...

Gordon
Dieter 2004-11-30 16:16:37
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 10:12 am on Nov. 30, 2004

Quote:

All of the above? ;)

Well, I haven't played a bad guy (other than Jileeza) for awhile. How about the Bad Guy or the Maniac? Let me get my hands dirty...

Gordon

Excellent. I'm PM you with the details.

punkey 2004-11-30 17:53:01
How close am I to the damn thing? Also, is it that "I don't like this kind of weather" stall noise, the "Almost out of gas" stall noise, or is it the "Fuck you, I'm not moving another step" stall noise?
fanchergw 2004-11-30 17:58:06
Dieter,

Just so you know, here is an idea of the information that I would most likely need:
- a description of what the character looks like
- an outline of their personality and current goals, and any strategies you want them to pursue
- any gear they wear / carry, and any other resources they have access to
- a summary of their skills and abilities (a character sheet is probably overkill, but you can send one if it's easier)

All in all, a half-dozen paragraphs is probably sufficient. Feel free to email (ozyman2195 at hotmail dot com) it if that is easier.

Gordon
Dieter 2004-11-30 18:12:38
Quote:

Quote: from Punkey on 11:53 am on Nov. 30, 2004
How close am I to the damn thing? Also, is it that "I don't like this kind of weather" stall noise, the "Almost out of gas" stall noise, or is it the "Fuck you, I'm not moving another step" stall noise?

Heh heh.

Good/bad news.

Robert's Volga is currently hovering between "I don't like this kind of weather" and "Fuck you, I'm not moving another step" which, if this were any other car Robert has driven, he'd be worried. As long as it sounds like it's on the verge of falling apart, all is good.

Volgas are the VW Bugs of Russia. They're virtually industructable.

----

Gordon, expect an email coming your way.