Jade Imperium - OOC 14

skullandscythe 2010-12-24 00:06:29
Into the aquarium, Alfred, if you please. I remembered the Bat-Shark Repellent this time.
Community Lotion 2011-01-03 19:22:34
Sorry to have been a bit AWOL; I'll get caught up and back into the swing of things today and tomorrow.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2011-01-03 23:56:54
Not a problem, welcome back.

Robin, Angel, if your aim might be to reach the crash site you will need a vehicle. There are several at Gorlan's estate, although given Robin's distance from the estate it might be quicker if someone closer picked her up enroute. Or Robin could follow her teammate and try skyjacking a passing skimmer or something, that'd be pretty quick. Again, assuming you wanted to get somewhere fast.

Either way, whatever you do, Zaef is on his own right now. You have no idea how long Hugh has - he's wearing a suit and visibility is obscured. Granted, I'm not going to kill him for doing awesome John McLane stuff, but there's "healed by a kauka with nominally survivable wounds" and there's "healed by a kauka from the brink of death", like poor Sexton Hale.

Fighting Kohan underwater: I assumed everyone has tried to kick someone underwater and found it rather lackluster? :) Because the water restricts the effective attacks you can perform, any Fight rolls except for grappling are penalized (because choking a bitch works regardless of environment). A knocked-out Kohan is a Kohan that could drown and/or be washed out of the building. A tied-up Kohan takes time, although there are ample things to tie him to (this is easier if he's knocked out, but see drowning). The water's going to recede eventually as well, but right now it's all a dank nasty wave pool of murder. Zaef has appropriately-sized knives for the task at hand, of course.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2011-01-04 20:38:34
WD burned!

Zaef is at 8 wounds, 8/16 shock, 2 Wild Dice left.

Hugh is still out because the struggle to the skimmer was fraught with failure (having spent a large chunk of WD on only taking Shock from Kohan and KOing him as expediently as possible). Each round he took more and more Shock, and so when you reached him the healing die I chose that I figured Zaef could beat (which he did) wasn't enough to bring Hugh's Shock total into the positive.

You can try again next scene; right now the kauka effects you did apply are ongoing.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2011-01-05 15:55:09
If anyone's going to Zaef and Hugh's aid with a skimmer, let me know who's going and how you're getting your vehicle. Otherwise we'll move on with the challenge of Zaef trying to wrestle 2 unconscious men off the set of a disaster movie.
CrazyIvan 2011-01-10 00:52:02
Hey, sorry, its been a rough couple of weeks, still trying to catch up.
punkey 2011-01-10 06:46:40
Err, I'm about 80% sure that drone is on our side. The Kansat skimmers are alone, no backup, no medical transport. They've been bought and paid for by Kohan, and the drone is on our side, waiting to blow one of them up so you can escape.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2011-01-10 19:18:45
There's 6 goons facing off against 4 Kansat. Kohan is still hogtied to his bit o' girder. The remaining Kansat skimmer is unmanned and parked up above the battle. Both sides seem perfectly content to ignore Zaef and Hugh for the time being.

Hugh, you are capable of action once more - I'm putting you back to 6 Shock, which isn't much, but it'll get you moving and acting under your own power again.

You guys have the initiative if you care to act. Consider yourselves behind full cover, equidistant from the goons and kansatai. You'd be able to sneak to melee range given 2 rounds or move to melee range in one round if you didn't care if they saw you coming.

EDIT: I'm gonna have to edit where the goons came from, but it's not a big deal and doesn't really change the present situation.
Gatac 2011-01-11 09:36:21
Sit it out. We can still kill whoever's left and take Kohan ourselves, if need be.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2011-01-18 16:58:26
...Or if nobody has anything to add IC, we'll move on. :)

Let me know, and I'll plan to move on probably wednesday if I don't hear anything otherwise.
e of pi 2011-01-19 21:18:47
admiralducksauce wrote:

...Or if nobody has anything to add IC, we'll move on. :)

Let me know, and I'll plan to move on probably wednesday if I don't hear anything otherwise.

I didn't feel Luis could say anything--didn't know enough to say anything meaningful. I do like what Ivan posted.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2011-01-21 19:23:49
Yes, that was real nice. And hopefully one of those weapon-rings actually IS appropriate for some sort of keepsake.

Moving onward with the plan, Davis and Gorlan's next move is to enact their "gone to ground" illusion. They can't simply leave, because Gorlan used Reno's service to communicate how he's not cowed by these shenanigans. Segal would suspect trickery, although Quon would probably buy whatever excuse Luis fed him if Davis and Gorlan disappeared.

If noone wants to initiate, Segal can come back around to Swao with a "finish the job this time" offer.

The Quoronas are more concerned with getting Haralin out of the picture. They are wary of Gorlan but not like they were with Reno. The last consequential thing Luis told them was "I'll call later, and we can work out a way to make these other attempts look like the amateurish things they are," so I suppose go ahead and call 'em, Luis. :)

Kohan Iyuzo's supposed to stew in solitary until the "gone to ground" happens.

Finally, there are the Throne Agents to respond to.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2011-01-21 22:18:55
Assuming your usual suspects will travel with you, or did you want to do this solo or something else unorthodox?
Gatac 2011-01-22 08:58:09
Going with my little trin, unless they've got other things to do. :)
Gatac 2011-01-22 22:34:14
Zaef, unless otherwise needed. The more, the merrier!
Admiral Duck Sauce 2011-01-24 23:07:04
Davis let himself be captured by Throne agents and it's now a race against time before their Truthseeker arrives on-site and brainscans him!

Go! :)

If there's some sort of plan you're thinking of but you're missing some vital information (whether intentional or accidental on my part), it's entirely possible Maq's runners could focus on that and find out for you.