Q-Branch II - The Usual Refinements

Dieter 2003-09-12 15:30:44
Quote:

Quote: from Infested Paladin on 1:45 am on Sep. 12, 2003
Ivan: "If lost or destroyed, gear requisitioned with your personal budget is replaced at the start of every mission." (Spycraft p. 104) It also says that you're only supposed to reorganize your personal budget items at level gains, but I bet Dieter doesn't care.

Nope. ;)

There's already enough bookkeeping in this game.
Dieter 2003-09-12 17:31:26
Gatty ought like this. ;)

Look what's included:

H&K MP7 (Submachinegun, Germany)

Originally known as the PDW (Personal Defense Weapon), H&K’s MP7 is a direct answer to the FN P90. The MP7 makes extensive use of polymers in its construction, reducing its weight to just a few ounces more than that of some service pistols. It is built in a machine pistol configuration, with the magazine well located in the pistol grip. The weapon’s standard features include a fold-down foregrip and collapsible stock, and several of its internal features benefit from lessons learned during H&K’s G36 project. The 4.6x30mm round is copper-jacketed steel, making it less likely to deform than a conventional copper-jacketed lead (FMJ) bullet and providing the same superior armor-penetrating capability found in the competing 5.7x28mm round.

Caliber: 4.6x30mm
Ammunition Capacity: 20/40
Length: 20.2 inches (13.4 inches with stock collapsed)
Weight: 2.6 pounds

Budget Points: 18
Damage: 2d4+1
Error: 1-2
Threat: 20
Range Increment: 30 feet
Qualities and Mods: AP, CP, CS, DT, SS; no burst
Actual Cost: Restricted

Design Notes: The 4.6x30mm round’s muzzle energy is 418 Joules (weight of 24.7 grains and muzzle velocity of 2,378 fps). By comparison, The 5.7x28mm round’s muzzle energy is 510 Joules (weight of 31 grains and muzzle velocity of 2,346 fps).

Now that the game is in full swing, I gotta check the Alderac sight more often.
Dieter 2003-09-13 10:05:02
You know, at some point I will have to order Talon rounds, just because they're there.

So, who ordered the bugs?
Gatac 2003-09-13 12:20:35
Lets the weapon hug your body, making it harder to detect when you're frisked ?

I think I'll buy the bugs this time. Make a list.

Dieter, does Jess still have the MP3 player from the Asia mission ? If not, I'm requesting an Agency-fied version - gimmick still to be decided, but probably a hidden weapon, like the handy taser from Tomorrow Never Dies.

Gatac
Gatac 2003-09-13 13:44:17
How difficult is it to program that artificial voicebox of mine, anyway ? It would be useful if - in conjunction with the specially prepared player (lacking the taser then, of course) - Jess could assume the voice of anyone she recorded a reasonable amount of speech of.

Gatac
threadbare 2003-09-14 09:39:06
y'know what? I'm gonna get that lil' gun on the page dieter posted, the pocket .45. That, 20 rounds of teflon-tipped ammo, and a discreet holster. This is going to be a gun that gets another gun. (22 BP)

Next, as I'm going to have nerve toxins on my gadget watch, I want an antidote shot (3 BP).

Finally, to contribute to the team's surveillence effort, I'll get a parabolic microphone. I'm sure brian or whoever could use it.
Dieter 2003-09-15 15:17:48
Gatty, the MP3+Taser combo will cost 7BP.

Your voicebox thing (IIRC), is not very hard to program, but it only allows you to copy one other voice besides your own.
Gatac 2003-09-19 17:42:49
Hm, I recall the Manual saying ten voices in total - was that errated ? Ah, hell, I only need Sam's voice anyway.

Damn, that M4 SOPMOD is tempting. I mean, like, really tempting. But not the right gun for this little expedition, considering Jess has her MP7.

Alright, Mission Gear:

MP3 taser, 7 BPs
Wax Bullets, 50, for the MP7, 1 BP
Designer Clothing 10 BPs
Video Bug + Digital Memory 6 BPs
Survival Knife 4 BPs

23 left

Gadgets:
Agency Case with portable computer, 2 GPs

How much BPs would an Information Database (with fake, but plausible infos detailing Sam's little gang) Software cost ? I thought I'd seen that somewhere, but can't find it now.

Gatac
Dieter 2003-09-22 15:56:53
If the book said 10 voices, then so be it.

As for the cost of the info database, I'll try and find out this evening.
Dieter 2003-09-22 16:02:19
I should also mention that along with your assumed identities, you'll get the appropriate garb for the roles.
Gatac 2003-09-26 16:44:50
Well, I thought I'd pay since I'm going for a "one of a kind" outfit. Sorta Versace's vision of BDUs, with a heavy coat on top. Survival knife included for the same reason.

After all, Samantha can afford to be flashy. And all good villains do it. :)

Gatac
Gatac 2003-12-02 21:34:02
Is it too late to order a shiny metal case with a ceramic SMG ? I have the lightest hunch I might need it.

Then again, something else tells me I'd better pay up my life insurance fees.

Gatac
CrazyIvan 2003-12-03 03:50:12
lol...I really wish I had requisitioned one of those german G3 combo rifles...or at least I think that's what they are. Match graded assualt rifle with built in bipod and scope...that's what I want next mission.

*continues to escalate the teams firepower*
Dieter 2003-12-03 04:37:19
I give you ONE personal item to requisition for the airport mission.

The scenario will start up tomorrow.
Gatac 2003-12-03 15:21:14
Ivan, you mean the G3 SG1, right ? Sexy gun, and one of the few precision rifles that go full-auto in a pinch :)

Gatac