Jade Imperium - OOC 12

Dieter 2010-04-28 01:15:20
admiralducksauce wrote:

Several large crates of weapons and ammo. Where are they going to be stored?
Current crate status: Out in the field near the other Imperial crates on the opposite side of the dome from the maintenance bay.

What exactly does that entail? Could be useful.

Also, we scavenged the following from the patrol:

...The two Angel shot still have mostly-intact suits. Four stock Imperial beamers and five stingers can be recovered; all still have their IFF running.

Again, could be useful.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-04-28 02:18:26
The bunker crates are mostly catalogued research bits. Talismans and relics traded from wherren villages because they might be made from Groi leftovers. Data and vox collections boxed away, both from the camp itself as well as a reasonably large portable wikipedia, basically, so the camp could reference info without needing a Gate or Cortex connection. The crates themselves are fairly tough and would serve as cover.

The crates of weapons that Dave is referring to are the Stingers, AT-4s, and rifles that you guys brought with you to Whiirr.

As for the confiscated Imperial gear, you can strip the IFF from the beamers, but think twice about using Imperial gear, especially around the wherren. You guys probably wouldn't end up friendly-firing anyone, but those wherren are only rocking a d6 Shoot and humans, well, you mostly all look alike to them. :)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-04-30 04:07:31
I've made an updated map with grid reference so you guys can plan out defenses and have a common means to refer to locations.

researchcampblank.jpg
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-04-30 16:37:21
Quick question about feeding prisoners. I plan on montaging again very soon so we can get the defenses in place and get an update from Hiigra and whatnot. How would you be feeding the prisoners? Taking batches, under guard, to hab two for meals? Bringing food to them? Taking everyone with all their guards to hab two at once? since Zaef posted he's teaching the wherren how to use human food, you can use wherren-only guards at mealtime if necessary.

Dave emailed me a map a day or two ago with suggested foxholes at the following locations:
F8
H6
K7
K10

They're close in to the camp in a ring so you get most of the benefit of the killing field around the camp. Then an arc of outward-facing Claymores covering the habs from E11 down to L11.

Do you wish to build cupola/towers atop the habs using the crates and scrap around the camp? Or, you could simply stack crates around the habs to absorb fire better and use the hab windows for firing ports. Slightly less visibility, slightly better cover. I don't see you having enough crates to build rooftop sniper nests AND up-armor the hab walls on ALL the habs, but you could:
1. Do the mess hall both ways, OR
2: Do one smaller hab both ways and then either put a sniper nest OR reinforced walls on the other smaller hab, leaving the mess hall unmodified.
Dieter 2010-04-30 16:57:09
My vote is to feed taking batches, under guard, in the Hab they're in. It's a risk to let any of them leave the secured area. Not utensils, all trays collected in a timely fashion. I've seen enough episodes of Lockup on MSNBC to not give prisoners the ability to fashion shivs.

More on defenses later...
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-04-30 17:06:11
If the wherren are in charge of the autochef it'll generally be finger food for everyone, which is fine. You're not here for gourmet.

Remember the prisoners are all in the dome. They don't have any habs. You guys and the wherren have the habs to sleep in.
Dieter 2010-04-30 17:46:02
In the dome, feeding them the auto-chef equivalent of cheese and crackers. The UN only requires us to feed them something.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-05-01 01:20:34
Nightfall, first full day in control of the camp.

TL;DR: Davis makes breakthrough in breaking Hale's will.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-05-03 21:24:13
If Luis has more questions for Shenest and the wherren, we can add those to the existing post or roll them into the 2nd day morning update.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-05-04 15:16:35
Hugh's called for defensive positions. Where are you going and what are you doing? There are four foxholes in a tight ring around the dome from northwest to southwest. The habs have begun to be armored but they're not done; there is, however, ample cover provided by the piles of crates the wherren were using to uparmor the habs. Taking cover in hab 1 or 3 would still allow line of sight to the western side of camp; hab two's LoS is blocked by the dome.

The dome's surveillance cameras, as I believe I've mentioned before, can see up to the treeline and then it's just too much underbrush growing up around the clearing.

The prisoners are still in the dome, and Kosai was currently the only prisoner outside, coming back from the hab 1 bathroom. She's back in the dome too.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-05-04 18:16:35
Very well. Luis, Arketta, Davis, Swims, and ten wherren are in the dome chamber with the prisoners. Hugh's leading from the front, so I guess that puts him in the foxhole at H6 unless he's talking about heading into the jungle with people. Semo'll take Hab 2 and watch the east side of camp in case of shenanigans. That leaves Angel and Zaef by my count.
Gatac 2010-05-04 22:57:49
Nah, foxhole, not jungle. Somebody's got to organize the defense, after all. :) Let the patrol team investigate, but even if it's nothing, this will be a good drill to find and fix problems with how we're set up.
Dieter 2010-05-05 16:49:26
Gah. We need to secure the perimeter. This is quickly reaching Hurt Locker levels of IFF clusterfucking.
Gatac 2010-05-05 16:59:36
Heh. I think our defenses work quite nicely. No need to light up anything unless you get a screaming horde running directly at us, not a couple of stragglers with spears.
Dieter 2010-05-05 17:13:14
Gatac wrote:

Heh. I think our defenses work quite nicely. No need to light up anything unless you get a screaming horde running directly at us, not a couple of stragglers with spears.

They do, perhaps too well. It just sad they're being squandered on hapless Wherren.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-05-05 23:19:43
Was there going to be any plan to try alternate means of contacting Kang and his patrol? Did you want to wait a certain amount of time without having further contact before doing so? If you're just going to wait, let me know and I can update appropriately.
Gatac 2010-05-05 23:27:27
I'd recommend we wait for a few minutes, see if anything else moves. After that, we launch a flare round from one of our grenade launchers and see if there's any response to that. If that still doesn't bring any contact with Kang and the radio continues to be dead, then we need to roll a search party. Definitely last option because that will weaken our position and we're already down one group of our guys as is.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-05-05 23:53:35
In the interest of getting to useful info, nothing moves in the next few minutes and the flare doesn't prompt anything either except for scaring off some smaller animals.

There are wherren warriors among you with family in that patrol, so if you just want to send wherren in that's fine with them as long as someone goes in to look. Just don't let the prisoners know about it, it's not exactly painting an image too different from how the Imperials use their wherren. Otherwise, who's going in?