Jade Imperium - OOC 12

punkey 2010-05-05 23:54:59
We really should send some of our guys in with them, for the better Notice rolls and with a kauka for Kang, if nothing else.
Dieter 2010-05-06 01:33:11
Gatac wrote:

Yeah, this is a job for Angel and Cowboy, I think.

Before we head off, taking two of the better riflemen out of the defensive, I think we should think about the Stargate Search Team Factorâ„¢.

Stargate Search Team Factorâ„¢ - Noun. Def. The overwhelming occurrence wherein the search team requires it's own rescue upon finding said missing personnel.
punkey 2010-05-06 01:35:08
Well, we have to send someone out there. I don't know about sending both Cowboy and Angel, but one or the other should probably be included, since they're the most observant PCs
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-05-06 02:44:22
Actually, Hugh's statistically the most observant, especially when he can get his Cautious Aspect (now would be one of those times). Angel and Cowboy'd be the 2nd and 3rd most aware after that.

Anyhoo. Banur and four other wherren would volunteer at the drop of a hat. You can send them with if you like.
Dieter 2010-05-06 04:02:47
admiralducksauce wrote:

Actually, Hugh's statistically the most observant, especially when he can get his Cautious Aspect (now would be one of those times). Angel and Cowboy'd be the 2nd and 3rd most aware after that.

Anyhoo. Banur and four other wherren would volunteer at the drop of a hat. You can send them with if you like.

The Wherren would also know the terrain better than us meat bags.

For the record, Cowboy wouldn't want to leave anyone to die on this sweatbox of a planet, but (and I think Hugh would agree) we are here on a mission and that is top priority. I think the Wherren and one of us can handle the S&R without either operation sapping all of our vital resources.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-05-06 16:19:43
Things seem pretty quiet right now. The enemy has a headstart of probably 10 minutes or so at this point, but chasing them isn't out of the question. Of course, while they didn't seem to expect your defenses, they might have some semblance of a plan in case they're followed. Or they could be leading you back to a larger force. Or you just end up spending a long time out in the jungle out of position.

Okay, even to me, running off after them into the jungle seems like a poor idea. :) Any force large enough to handle themselves out there is going to significantly weaken your base defenses in their absence, while a smaller, faster team runs a risk of being outnumbered or outgunned if/when they catch up to their quarry.

If you're bringing everyone back to camp, can I assume you'd want to talk to Chester the Cheeto? Also, now you don't have anyone on patrol. Do you want to put a patrol back out there? Multiple patrols? And the million-dollar question, who are these patrols (if any) going to be comprised of?
Dieter 2010-05-06 16:54:17
admiralducksauce wrote:

If you're bringing everyone back to camp, can I assume you'd want to talk to Chester the Cheeto? Also, now you don't have anyone on patrol. Do you want to put a patrol back out there? Multiple patrols? And the million-dollar question, who are these patrols (if any) going to be comprised of?

It appears that we're only going to experience attrition with every patrol we send out. I'd prefer to fortify the good position we have and wait for the enemy to come to us. We could have a small picket or skirmisher just on the perimeter of our camp making sure the enemy isn't staging a massive assault just beyond our doorstep. They would never be out of earshot.

Davis can do his thing with Chester while we further A-Team the camp.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-05-08 19:08:27
Right now camp security is like so:

Patrols: none

Foxholes: F8, H6, K7, and K10 (a semicircle close in on the west side of camp) They are 2-man foxholes, so that's cover for 8 defenders.

All three habs have crates armoring/reinforcing their walls. You can probably get 4-6 defenders able to fire from each of the 2 smaller hab windows, and 8 or so defenders from the mess hall hab windows.

The paint claymores appear to be working pretty well. I've kind of assumed that anything that trips a paint mine can be blown to bits at your discretion by the real claymores.

Do you want to make any additions or changes for Day 3? We're pretty much on the third act here. There'll no doubt be some fallout from the Sheen news, but Big Plot-Wise, the bad guys are on their way.
Dieter 2010-05-09 01:42:18
I think we should just emphasize to all defenders if a position gets overrun, we collapse inward to next position. There is no retreat. We cannot let them have the Fargate.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-05-11 02:11:53
So! Are there plans to show the massacre footage to anyone else? Remember, the PCs, Arketta, and Swims all got the Sheen's message, so you guys are all on the same page as far as the Sheen intel goes. Also consider that the shaman, arguably one of the most collected wherren in your camp, went Wolverine berserk when he saw his tribespeople dead, and he didn't have any specific relatives he recognized in that pile. Consider that when you think about who'll be guarding prisoners.
punkey 2010-05-11 02:29:12
They're gonna find out sooner or later. I'd rather have the riot now than when we're surrounded by those same hostile Wherren.
punkey 2010-05-11 15:36:24
Speaking of breaking the news, I think that informing Hiigra right now would be a good idea. We can try to get a holo from him to help keep the peace in the camp, and if that doesn't get us reinforcements, I don't know what will.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-05-12 07:33:43
Davis 7
Angry Wherren Mosh Pit 6
Hugh 4
Other wherren 3
Turai 3
Angel 3
Zaef 3
Semo 2
Luis 1
Arketta 1
Swims 1
Cowboy misses round 1 for stating he'd rather not be involved with POW shenanigans. You know what's going down, you are just a bit removed from the action this round.

Davis' action is rolled into the IC post, and I will get to the wherren results when I can. For now, they are going after the Imperials, and they're starting with the Turai since they put themselves in front there.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-05-12 07:40:43
Addendum: Zaef and Semo are in the wherren's way, but they go after the wherren initiative. You may, if you wish, interpose yourself and defend the Turai from the wherren, but you will suffer the attacks meant for them.

Semo's tough as hell, he'll go for it. Zaef, what do you think?
e of pi 2010-05-13 07:29:34
Order of priority for medical treatment, just judging from descriptions (If someone wants to grab the other kauka and help, that could be nice):

1. Imperial who got the Cloud City-style "Who's your daddy" treatment because of possibly bleeding out.

2. Turai who was whacked against dome. Skull fractures==dibs on kauka treatment.

3. Checking the Wherren that Swims bashed. If that's bad...I'm not sure how much I can do. If he's going to need more than bandaging or first aid...without a Frisbee I'll have to fall back on rougher techniques, so that may end up being delayed after first examination.

4. Same deal for the Wherren who got shived unless that's bleeding worse than I think it is, in which case it's above the other Wherren.

5. Hoei is last, after any small wildlife that we may have bruised or startled. Kind of pissed at him for not even having the guts to step into the riot he was prevoking, but not going to let him bleed to death. If he starts worsening, he gets bumped up to third or higher as required (shock, increased bleeding, turning colors previously unknown to science, ect..).

If either of the Wherren warriors will need major treatment or surgery, that comes after getting Hoei patched up (not just going to let him bleed to death), but Hoei is last before anything else.