OOC Act I

Community Lotion 2014-08-11 15:04:04
So a black die would indicate that this doesn't go down like Tammy hopes. As much as I would like to see that, I think a white die might be in order, if only to add another element of chaos into the whole thing.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-11 15:12:14
Tammy's got a few "win" conditions in mind:

1. Sell the stash to Rocco, or otherwise enter into some deal where Tammy could get some money/respect. The deal could vary a lot, and could be pretty zany I suppose.
2. She knows Ed said something about going down to Rocco's car lot later. She could get Rocco to go with her and scope it out, maybe gaining respect from him that she's so on top of the criminal goings-on in town. She's like Veronica Mars!* I like this one, because it sets us up to have a scene with potentially everyone in it.
3. Barring all that, set Rocco against Donna? Tammy'd accept this one, although it's petty and not as wide-ranging as some of the outcomes.

Failure could be:
1. Rocco goes to the car lot with her and the whatever-is-set-to-go-down already happened or something. Something happens to where Rocco doesn't believe her. This one isn't as interesting to me, because it avoids confrontation/conflict between our characters.
2. Rocco goes down there, but maybe Tammy's in the trunk and isn't getting any respect for this. Or money. I like this one, because we could have a scene with everyone in it.
3. Donna's actually still at home? Follow them to the lot? Warns off Drew and Ed? Catches Tammy and Rocco in the kitchen with the stash?

*isn't anything like Veronica Mars.
MikeS 2014-08-11 16:13:30
So , from Dave's post, Rocco obviously knows about drugs, and he thinks these were stolen from the stash he is familiar with?

That at least two options:
1. The stash Tammy found is completely disconnected from Rocco's drugs.
2. Donna took some of Rocco's (or the cartel's) coke (which is high-end for Drew anyway; he deals mostly in crystal meth and other homebrews) and was looking for someone to move it, which Drew could. Now they figure they can score big if they don't just skim off the top, but take a whole shipment.

with the second one obviously being more interesting.
Dieter 2014-08-11 20:38:07
Alrighty, if that was out of line or not within the confines of the game mechanics...let me know. I'm winging all this shit.
MikeS 2014-08-11 20:57:44
I think the winging is OK, especially if your scene, which is up next, sheds some more light on Rocco's motive to do so.

The question is more: did we already decide that Tammy is getting a black die? Because this sounds like a black die result. Getting stuff into the trunk of a car by a gangster doesn't sound white die.
Community Lotion 2014-08-11 21:21:28
Dieter wrote:

As Tammy turns to go inside, Rocco cold-cocks the waitress...duct-taping her hands, feet, and mouth and placing her into the trunk.

Totally in line with Fiasco. Love it! In fact, its completely acceptable to have a main character die before we ever get to the end, even in the first act.

Also, I can't imagine this is anything BUT a black die for Tammy.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-11 21:41:04
Yeah, but if they die they ain't gonna learn nothin'. Also, Tammy never actually told Rocco where she was going to drive him. Although, we can potentially answer that already, if we assume Rocco knows the particular cut of his particular jib when it comes to cocaine, specifically the cocaine smuggled through his car lot. Maybe he recognized the source when he snorted that taste off the kitchen counter. That's pretty thin, though. Maybe Rocco realizes he doesn't know where he's driving, and he overreacted a little. Heheh.

Hopefully this is just the first trunk of many.

Tammy'll realize later it seemed kinda suspicious that Rocco actually asked for a cup of coffee. Don't worry, should Tammy Lee survive to the next scene I can elaborate on the coffee. Because... reasons.

So let's decide if this is really a black die vote (I think we can assume Dave bets on black), and unless Dave has anything to add in character AND if it's black, I suppose that's end scene.
MikeS 2014-08-12 00:29:37
Agreed on the black. You should give it to Dave for pre-venge (like revenge, only beforehand).
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-12 07:17:51
That was my plan! Black die goes to Dave and it's now his scene.

Dave, are you going to establish your scene or decide how to resolve it?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2014-08-12 08:42:47
OK, this is what I suggest to establish:

Start it right when Rocco finds Drew and Donna and Ed in his car lot. Nobody's surprised, because Tammy Lee is hammering and screaming from inside the trunk.

Oooh. But maybe Rocco doesn't spot one of them.

Can we make this harder on Dave, guys? tee hee