OOC 1

fanchergw 2003-11-21 18:59:09
Just a note: I took a look over ADS's char sheet thread and noticed that Mak and Reyes seem to have the most combat skill. Perhaps they ought to be the primaries on the two gun turrets?

Unfortunately, Jileeza doesn't have any particular talents related to ship operation. Guess she'll just hang around, chat with people and wait for Something To Happen (TM). ;)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-11-21 19:58:34
It's one of the problems inherent in Star Wars, and especially with a group so large. When it comes to starships, sometimes people get shafted. That said, there's maybe some stuff I can find for people to do:
1. Manning turrets: yep, Reyes and Mak would statisically gravitate towards this. Also, there's 3 gun emplacements, although that last one is a wee bitty autoblaster.
2. Sensors operation: It's not Star Trek, but having somebody "locking in firing patterns" and whatnot can count towards helping the gunners, or you can of course scan stuff, maybe help the pilot with any evasive maneuvers. Sensors'll use Knowledge as its main trait.
3. Power/engines: This is mostly Aurelia's thing. She can assist by boosting power to engines, deflector screens, or blasters as she deems fit. Just like the old Lucasarts games. :) And there's always jury-rigging damaged components mid-battle.
4. Pilot/Copilot: Arnae is, of course, the best pilot of the group. His aspect of "Great Pilot" isn't exaggeration. Wayde'd probably be good either as a tertiary gunner or as a copilot, assisting Arnae.

And... that leaves Za and Erit, who don't really gravitate towards any shipboard activities in particular. :) I guess I'd put 'Za in the autoblaster and Erit at the sensors.

As far as something happening (tm), I think I can whip something up.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-11-21 20:17:21
Spice = drugs in Star Wars (I'm betting most of you know that), and there's quite a bit of it there. Like Scarface's desk quite a bit.
Gatac 2003-11-21 20:27:53
Is there any scifiverse where the term "spice" does NOT mean "drugs" ?

Just out of curiosity, I mean.

Gatac
Dieter 2003-11-21 20:29:28
Sonuva...we went from tibanna merchants to drug runners in one paragraph. :)

How much is it worth?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-11-21 20:42:45
"You could almost buy your ship with that!"

"But who's gonna sell it, Wayde? You?"

"You bet I could! I'm not such a bad drug dealer myself!"

Granted, none of you are really into the selling end of spice, but you're thinking it will get you a cargo hold full of tibanna from just about anywhere. You could indeed just about buy a ship with it, assuming that you can find a reputable ship dealer who's also into buying spice. :)

Also, Wayde's right - it WILL get you in trouble with Imperials, but noone else really cares that much. Not even the Rebellion, I mean they took on to Han and he was a drug smuggler.

Now, I probably should've mentioned about the tibanna. You all know it's explosive now (*grin* ). Tibanna's what makes blasters blast, and I'd say that smuggling it is at least as dangerous as smuggling spice, so it's not like "oooh, spice, we'd better be careful."

It's just another plot hook is all. :)
Dieter 2003-11-21 20:51:23
Spice is infinitely better in my book. Given the choice of hauling 200 kilos of Columbia pixie powder or a trunkful of TNT...I'll take the happy dust anyday.

I vote we sell the Spice, wire Gulgo the amount equivalent to what his tibanna would have gotten him, then pocket the rest.
fanchergw 2003-11-21 20:54:12
Autoblaster works for 'Za. She might feel the need for random target practice though. Any small chunks of rock floating in space that she sees are likely to end up as dust.

BTW, Don't feel the need to kill us off right away...
CuteMotherFucker 2003-11-22 01:18:43
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 7:59 pm on Nov. 21, 2003
Mak and Reyes seem to have the most combat skill. Perhaps they ought to be the primaries on the two gun turrets?

I fear I'm becoming too much of a roleplayer. My first thought was "But turret manning in space just isn't Mak's thing", as I've designed Mak to be a Way Of The Gun fighter, not Skywalker destroying the first Death Star. Shiat.

Anyway, for the benifit of the team, lets say someone was getting some target practice, receiving a snort of disapproval from Mak and a firm offer to show him "how it's really done" ;)
fanchergw 2003-11-22 07:42:23
Quote:

I vote we sell the Spice, wire Gulgo the amount equivalent to what his tibanna would have gotten him, then pocket the rest.

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me.
Quote:

I fear I'm becoming too much of a roleplayer. My first thought was "But turret manning in space just isn't Mak's thing", as I've designed Mak to be a Way Of The Gun fighter, not Skywalker destroying the first Death Star. Shiat.

Generally, I tend to take the same approach. However, in this instance, I was sitting here trying to get some idea of what 'Za would be likely to be doing on board the ship - besides filing her nails - and not coming up with much.

BTW, Mak can come on over and give Jileeza lessons any ol' time... *wink, nudge* :biggrin:
Quote:

Mos Eisely anyone? I'm guessing there's a bunch of scumbags willing to take the Spice off our hands.

I'm thinking scumbags are our kind of people... ;)

PS. Anyone know why my "quote" blocks are all screwed up?

(Edited by fanchergw at 10:44 pm on Nov. 21, 2003)
CrazyIvan 2003-11-22 07:54:20
Concerning the Rusty Dagger: How about Arnae pulled a Calrissean and lost it in another card game. I happen to find the Second Chance's profile to be rather attractive. (God, I can hardly tell a minivan from an SUV, but show me ships from Star Wars...) Let's just keep this bird and put some modifications in her. Spicy maneuvering thrusters, I would like. Concussion missiles, to the Founder's Day gift list I also add.
Dieter 2003-11-26 21:08:48
Wayde's using his "Knowledge: Tatooine" skill. Maybe he knows Pinky or at least what order of scum-magnitude the guy/gal falls under.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2003-11-27 04:34:56
The fact that Wayde hasn't heard of Pinky is perhaps a good thing. If you or anyone wants to put an ear to the ground and try some information gathering, let me know.
CrazyIvan 2003-12-01 08:03:54
Good luck with that, then! I hope nothing gets broken, unless it's ugly and needs replacement, anyway.
Dieter 2003-12-05 18:08:41
Anyone in the bar taking a particular interest in the spice price negotiations?