OOC: XVI - Yadda Yadda Yadda

Dieter 2005-04-11 15:10:57
Quote:

Quote: from CrazyIvan on 9:00 am on April 10, 2005
Swag Request:

Dieter, any chance of getting the following rifle?

H&K G36, with bipod, suppressor and red-dot sight. Match-graded and accurized.

Things I would certainly not mind:
Better scope, Hair Trigger and/or Floating Barrel, Tactical flashlight and assault sling.

And lo, it shall be named "Brian's Baby". Failing that of course, Gatty and I have discussed the possibility of pooling everyone's GPs together and buying one of these:

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/merkava4/

Yes for the rifle, current configuration only.

H&K G36, with bipod, suppressor and red-dot sight. Match-graded and accurized.

Why not just steal a tank? That's alot of GP to blow on something that'll either be useless in the short term or get blown up.
Gatac 2005-04-11 15:25:44
I have stats for a T-72 and a T-80, so we're covered there if we snatch one. I must admit that the whole tank thing was more of a joke, though I guess it could be useful.

Gatac
Dieter 2005-04-12 15:16:01
To Recap:

Team A: (Going after Samantha)

Artis (In Le Car)
Peter (Rig)
Moten
Ayumi

Team B: (Diversionary, goes for Jess)

Ilyanna (Driving the Jetta)
Carla
Brian

What's the next move with regard to tracking down Samantha? Gordon did post some info that was received by Ilyanna (see current storyline thread) if you happened to have missed it during the hiatus.
Gatac 2005-04-12 15:32:10
I think we should follow the lead. Team A should have enough time to stake out the area in preparation for an assault.

Gatac
Dieter 2005-04-13 14:19:33
Team A shall be getting an update soon...maybe even today if things aren't too crazy.
threadbare 2005-04-14 05:50:06
We find them, we give 'em a knife in the head. They just proved we can't trust them to play with kid gloves.
Gatac 2005-04-17 23:18:47
Er, yes...who is the guy talking to just now? Are we there?

Gatac
Dieter 2005-04-18 00:21:16
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 5:18 pm on April 17, 2005
Er, yes...who is the guy talking to just now? Are we there?

Gatac

I left that ambiguous so anyone on A-Team could respond.
fanchergw 2005-04-18 21:04:30
Pardon me, but my memory's getting crusty. Does Team B have any idea where to look for Jess? In other words, where is Ilyanna driving her Jetta to?
Dieter 2005-04-18 21:44:47
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 3:04 pm on April 18, 2005
Pardon me, but my memory's getting crusty. Does Team B have any idea where to look for Jess? In other words, where is Ilyanna driving her Jetta to?

[color=red:6350ddd569]See below. It's been over a month since the last relevant post for Team B. The first quote is from the GSRN News Post and other is from pg.3 of the current storyline chapter.[/color]
Quote:

Quote: from Dieter on 1:32 pm on Mar. 16, 2005
Syndicate Financier Killed

Investigating reports of gunfire, police found the body of Oleg Petrovski in his Omsk penthouse. Petrovski, under house arrest pending investigation of his ties to a national criminal syndicate, was found lying in the bathroom with a single entry wound in the back of his head.

According to police sources, the body showed chafing at the wrists, indicating that Petrovski may have been bound before being killed. MVD representatives offered no explanation for the murder. Said Chief Inspector Kiriliakov:

"We are currently investigating several possibilities. It could simply be an act of passion by someone who disliked him, but if there's any syndicate involvement in this, we'll find out."

Petrovski rose to infamy several years ago when it was publicly revealed that he had laundered significant amounts of cash for the Russian mafia.

Although confined to his penthouse since then, his trial has been delayed by various legal movements surrounding the legality of his arrest and the evidence gathered against him.

Quote: from Dieter on 5:34 pm on Mar. 16, 2005
On the way to Omsk, the Team does a bit of legwork on Mr. Petrovski's penthouse. Ironically, it was about 2km away from the Agency safehouse. Small world.

Listening to news feeds, it seems that the FSB have cordoned off several square blocks around Petrovski's residence since the shooting.

Petrovski's #1, Vladimir Oromov, while also under suspicion of aiding his laundering scheme has since disappeared. The two officers surveilling his home have also turned up missing. [/quote]

...and welcome back, Gordon.
fanchergw 2005-04-18 22:27:36
Ahh, so they're headed for Petrovski's penthouse there in Omsk. Ilyanna will get them there. The rest is up to them.
Gatac 2005-04-19 15:18:12
What do we offer him? What do we *have* to offer him?

Brainstorm time!

Gatac
Dieter 2005-04-19 15:28:53
You could always just take him out back, have Ayumi and Brian go to town on him then take the notebook.

Of course, I may just be channeling Jack Bauer. ;)
Gatac 2005-04-19 15:41:28
"A crack team of mercenaries doing your dirty work for free."

Or something to that effect. How's that sound?

Gatac
Dieter 2005-04-20 21:25:25
You have at your disposal Illiavic's tentative schedule. What's the gameplan for Team A?

Team B...you guys ready to start?