OOC: XVI - Yadda Yadda Yadda

threadbare 2005-03-24 00:24:30
I think I'll roll with a Desert E and a shotgun. Those are both cheaper when you buy with field money, right? Or are we in another sort of gearing up phase?

Any cool mods I can put on the shotgun?

Alternatively, I could go in with brian to get him a G36, and use his MP5, along with another gun of some type. There's also the Il Duce route to consider (getting a bunch of pistols and holsters)

What do you think Ivan?
Gatac 2005-03-24 00:50:44
Cool mods? How about a choke, a power grip (combining a red dot aiming device and a tactical flashlight) and a side saddle for more ammo? Then, of course, a bandolier for yet more shells and an assault sling...

Cool enough for you?

Gatac
Gatac 2005-03-24 01:09:41
A shotgun choke controls the pattern of shot, making it tighter. Generally speaking, it means you need to aim a bit better, but have a slightly higher effective range. Firing a slug with engaged choke is a very bad idea, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shotgun#Choke_and_pattern

In-game, having a choked shotgun means range increment goes up by 10 feet, but you may no longer strike adjacent targets with one load of shot and trying to fire a slug is an automatic error. Engaging or disengaging is a full round action.

Gatac
Dieter 2005-03-24 18:11:56
In lieu of current discussion, I'll hold off on posting in the storyline thread until Monday.

Primary inventory items for characters are to be posted in the Q-Branch thread by Monday, 9am.

That is all.
CrazyIvan 2005-03-25 02:42:54
I am going on a 10 day hiking trip on Hadrian's Wall, and will thus be out of contact.

I place my equipment selection in the able hands of my fellow agents and the GM. My equipment list hasn't been varying very much between missions, I'm happy with the load out. But I wants me a rifle.

(Edited by CrazyIvan at 8:43 pm on Mar. 24, 2005)
Gatac 2005-03-25 02:56:51
Reminds me...I'll be on a cruise from Saturday on, for a week. I think Peter's good, though.

I'll see if I can grab web access on the way, but don't bet on it.

Gatac
Dieter 2005-03-29 18:14:29
As you can probably tell, we're in a holding pattern till Gatac and Ivan return from walking the earth with Caine.
fanchergw 2005-04-03 00:20:21
Before we get going again, I didn't see any response to my mention that Ilyanna may be able to get some info on Samantha's location from her contacts. Is that of interest, or have we given up on the idea of sending a team to track her down?

Gordon
Dieter 2005-04-04 14:32:10
Quote:

Quote: from fanchergw on 5:20 pm on April 2, 2005
Before we get going again, I didn't see any response to my mention that Ilyanna may be able to get some info on Samantha's location from her contacts. Is that of interest, or have we given up on the idea of sending a team to track her down?

Gordon

Comments?
Gatac 2005-04-04 16:24:34
If we're going to spend the time gearing up anyway, sure, why not.

By the way, is there a char sheet for Ilyanna? Or will she remain a mystery woman?

Gatac
fanchergw 2005-04-04 17:05:18
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 7:24 am on April 4, 2005
By the way, is there a char sheet for Ilyanna? Or will she remain a mystery woman?

Gatac

Probably not, since she's just an NPC. I'm just running her to take a little of the load off of Dieter.

A not-overworked GM is a happy GM... ;)
CrazyIvan 2005-04-05 01:10:52
Gatac, any chance I could get a PM of the stat boosts and the like from the past level, plus the cost of G36 type rifle and some suggested accessories? The only gadget points I really want to hang onto are from the sunglasses, which aren't that expensive.
Gatac 2005-04-05 01:47:25
Sure, I'll whip up something when I'm actually awake in a non-Zombie state.

Gatac
Dieter 2005-04-05 14:57:05
This Daylight-Savings crap has really screwed with me this year. In lieu of everyone else trying to get back up to speed, I think I'll delay the plot hiatus for another week.

We now return you to your vegetative state of choice.
Dieter 2005-04-07 13:23:19
Huzzah?

Ayumi's got nothing to add at this point, so don't delay on her account.
fanchergw 2005-04-09 06:09:16
I went ahead and posted the info on Samantha that Ilyanna was able to find since I'm going to be away for the week.
CrazyIvan 2005-04-10 15:00:03
Swag Request:

Dieter, any chance of getting the following rifle?

H&K G36, with bipod, suppressor and red-dot sight. Match-graded and accurized.

Things I would certainly not mind:
Better scope, Hair Trigger and/or Floating Barrel, Tactical flashlight and assault sling.

And lo, it shall be named "Brian's Baby". Failing that of course, Gatty and I have discussed the possibility of pooling everyone's GPs together and buying one of these:

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/merkava4/

:)

(Edited by CrazyIvan at 8:00 am on April 10, 2005)

(Edited by CrazyIvan at 8:05 am on April 10, 2005)