OOC: VIII - Because typing "VIII" is cool

Gatac 2003-03-04 23:25:21
Split. We're in no position to fight Decker from the chopper, but we'll need to boss it around a bit while we use the Hummer.

Gatac
Gatac 2003-03-04 23:27:32
I was leaning towards choice 3, but I'm kinda agreeing with Gatac that having several tons of armored Humvee between us and Mike seems like a fine idea.

Once we're moving either way, we should call every news station we can find, tell them that Mike Decker is under pursuit by the LVPD and that there is a $500,000 reward for his capture. :)
Gatac 2003-03-04 23:30:39
If we split, I guess that puts me in the Hummer. Doesn't make sense to do anything else. :)

I'd put Brian in the chopper, because 1) he's wounded and being the air should keep him safer and 2) he's dressed as a cop too; it'll keep up the subterfuge.

Barring that, whoever's got the better Spot skills should likely be in the sky, you know? :)
Gatac 2003-03-04 23:37:57
Dieter says Jess (+6) and Brian (+8) have the best Spot checks. That seems like it'd work out. Jess and Brian in the chopper, me and Mr. Vendetta in the HMMWV?

How does that sound? Dieter also said we could snag Brian an AR-15 or the like from a SWAT van so he'd have some ranged firepower.
CrazyIvan 2003-03-05 06:46:41
Agreed.

I vote for myself, hopefully with some liberates SWAT rifle that will give me a little bit of range, flying air assualt. Keeps both the team and the good guys (SWAT) appraised of the situation, holds up our little deception and makes sure we have one of our people calling the shots from the chopper, and maybe punch a hole in the top of the car or two :)
Dieter 2003-03-05 16:48:28
What (if anything) are Jess and Brian saying to the reporter?

Any questions for me?
Gatac 2003-03-05 17:17:19
Hm, that's a tricky question. I think Jess should be some kind of civilian advisor - probably in an Interpol taskforce directed formed exclusively to track down and arrest the Deckers. (Which would probably be a plausible story, taking into account how much trouble they've been stirring up all over the world.) As for name, whatever I used in the hotel. I'm too lazy to look it up. :)

As for Brian - good question. I'll let Ivan answer that one.

Gatac
CrazyIvan 2003-03-05 19:50:22
I don't think Brian's capable of holding up the facade under scrutiny. This little SWAT bluff is built entirely on swagger and the faith that few people question police in uniform in a situation like this.

I think I'll let Jess handle all the PR issues. While Jess is answering, Brian will lower his goggles and assume the classic "tough guy in helocopter" image, whatever firearm I've got featuring prominantly for the camera, doing search work for the team and generally looking too busy to answer questions.

As for Jess's story about me, she can say anything she darn well pleases. She's better at it than Brian is.

(Edited by CrazyIvan at 1:51 pm on Mar. 5, 2003)
Dieter 2003-03-05 21:13:51
Ok, what is Jess' story about Brian?

The name you used for yourself in the hotel was Julia Luther.
Gatac 2003-03-05 21:34:28
Just tell them he's Sargeant Nicholson of the local SWAT team.

So, the story is, Jess is Julia Luther, civilian attache to Interpol's "Operation Decker". She's a profiler who knows the mindset of the demented pair like nobody else, and was thus at the hotel when they attempted an arrest. Due to a misunderstanding over the comms, the entry - which was supposed to be a covert operation as to not disturb anyone - went awry, and the rest of the SWAT team was called in to arrest the Deckers, no matter the cost. Brian, er, Sarge Nicholson, was with the original strike team as local liason and took some flak - which is pretty much the real reason why he's hurt. Jess was at the comms outside together with a few of her friends from Interpol who had waited outside in case the SWAT team screwed up, and one of them - Daniel aka Harry - attempted to pursue Mike when he saw him. That didn't work out, we radiod the SWAT team, and they gave us the final hint. That's when Brian commandeered the heli...

Jess establishes Julia as a sort-of booksmart type, chatty, a bit on the squamish side as far as real policework is concerned, and just a tiny bit too proud of herself and her theory about the Deckers.

Gatac
Gatac 2003-03-05 22:47:57
If that's who I think it is, that would be one of those situations where a disposable rocket launcher could come in handy.

Concerning the broadcast, it's live, or ?

Gatac
Dieter 2003-03-05 23:00:35
No, it's not who you think it is.

It's Live TV. I should have mentioned that earlier. Anything you say/do will have about nationwide coverage right now. The local feeds have gone national to MSNBC, CNN, FoxNews, BBC America, etc.
Dieter 2003-03-05 23:00:41
Is the Olds abandoned? I pull to the right of the Olds, putting the lady between the Hummer and the Olds.

My guess from the situation is that Mike swapped up; I'll ask her what kind of car was stolen and which way did he go... THEN, I'll point my pistol at her and tell her to tell me what really WAS the model and direction of the escaping Decker. It'd be just like Mike to slip her a wad of money to try to buy some misinformation.
Gatac 2003-03-05 23:04:55
The psycho in me says "Blow her up anyway". But way things are going, we're waiting for Art's call about the new car type.

Gatac
Gatac 2003-03-05 23:51:52
I ask her very pointedly what the license was, what color, what make, ask her if she knows how much gas was left. I'll wave the chopper on and radio what she tells me up to the guys.

I'm going to shout a string of "shits" when I find out it's an NSX. The good news is that he can't go off road very well in one of those things... bad news is he might have a shot at outrunning the chopper. But then he's gotta weight flat-out speed with drawing MORE attention to himself by speeding like a maniac.

And I know we're on live TV. It's part of my plan. :)
Gatac 2003-03-06 00:04:13
Uh oh, the Admiral has a plan. Excuse while I put on my Hostile Environment Suit...

Gatac
Dieter 2003-03-06 17:39:52
If anything, Jess has promising career on the talk show circuit. ;)
Gatac 2003-03-06 18:10:21
"Welcome to Luther's Lounge ! Our topic today: Help me, Julia, all my best friends turned out to be enemy spies !"

:)

Gatac
Gatac 2003-03-06 19:32:24
Order of Business #1: Hose down the NSX, aiming for tires if possible, using the pop-up SMGs on the Humvee.

#2: I guess someone's gonna have to go inside and see if - oh. We'll call the restaurant/bar on our cell phone and ask whoever picks up if Mike's in there, or if someone's car, truck, or bike has been stolen a few minutes ago.