OOC: VIII - Because typing "VIII" is cool

Dieter 2003-03-03 04:48:59
This standoff is going much longer than I thought, time for something bad to happen.
threadbare 2003-03-03 07:07:54
Harry will kill Mike. No matter what it takes, or how long it'll take, or if he needs to do it with his bare hands, he's going to kill him.

If possible, I'm going to knock him out, and perform "CPR" on him, trying to do what practitioners of CPR will do on accident that kills people. I'll also try to grab an improvised weapon if I can. I have the gun, right?

(Edited by Threadbare at 1:14 am on Mar. 3, 2003)
Dieter 2003-03-03 15:32:21
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 3:44 am on Mar. 1, 2003
How long would it take Jess to sprint to the car, get out her backpack with the pistol, sprint back to the pool, approach Mike from a different direction (preferably from the back), then pull her pistol ?

Maybe he can kill the hostage, but he can't effectively fight two people in totally different directions.

If Jess thinks she can do it, I'd like to try sneaking up on him, then make a shot to the head at minimum distance. Keep my hand in the backpack for as long as possible before drawing the gun.

Gatac

In two words...too long. I think Harry's on a one-man vendetta anyway. ;)
Gatac 2003-03-03 15:42:56
And another plan down the drain. Damn.

I guess it's time to call the Agency for a preliminary status update, unless Art and Brian haul their asses in my direction soon.

Gatac
CrazyIvan 2003-03-03 16:06:46
Any chance to "police" are armed and capable enough of stopping our dear friend? Or at least making his legs stop working?
Dieter 2003-03-03 16:20:36
Unfortunately (or fortunate for Mike), most of the police activity was centered on the interior of the tower, not outside the tower.

The police presence around the hotel itself could be considered minimal. That's not to say there aren't any around, just not many in the area near Mike.

I'd also like to remind the studio audience that Mike has made a career of evading capture, so he knows how to do it quite well.

(Edited by Dieter at 9:25 am on Mar. 3, 2003)
threadbare 2003-03-04 04:01:24
How much do Brian and Artis know, anyway? Do we even know Gavin took one for the team? Do we have contact with the rest of the team?
Dieter 2003-03-04 04:49:03
Mike is hurt bad, not horribly bad...but bad. If you're looking for a numerical figure, he's about 50% right now. He's got a fairly high CON and he's a soldier, so all that damage reduction and armor helped his ass when it counted.

As for Artis and Brian, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the only people who witnessed Gavin's infernal demise were occupied since the crash.

-Harry immediately went after Mike and was concerned with not losing him.

-Jess called General Koskov and has otherwise been trying to figure out all this mess.

Now that Brian and Artis are free and clear of Da Man, they can talk turkey about the fugitive we called Mike Decker. :)
Dieter 2003-03-04 05:50:41
Mike's made a career of evading capture, true, but he did it with his honeybunny by his side to help. I wonder if he'll fare so well without his better half.
CrazyIvan 2003-03-04 05:51:06
Time to use special ops jargon and the whole level of Faceman I have to try to urge my collegues in the LVPD to close off the tower in pursuit of Mike.
CrazyIvan 2003-03-04 06:02:17
The Russians knew who they were and jumped to help us last time we met... :)
Dieter 2003-03-04 15:40:20
Quote:

Quote: from CrazyIvan on 10:51 pm on Mar. 3, 2003
Time to use special ops jargon and the whole level of Faceman I have to try to urge my collegues in the LVPD to close off the tower in pursuit of Mike.

Who are you going to talk to? In what manner are you going about doing it?
CrazyIvan 2003-03-04 21:11:13
I presume we lifted a tactical radio when we got all gussied up as SWAT boys?

Some of that "Middle aged male suspect, armed with pistol proceeding toward main hotel. Officers please assist in apprehending." or the like.
Dieter 2003-03-04 21:52:00
I guess we'll head off in search of SeƱor Decker. Has he made it actually inside the hotel yet?
Dieter 2003-03-04 22:12:14
I should have named this thread.

When criticals collide!!

Yup, Harry fumbled and Mike rolled a critical success in attempting to evade him.
Gatac 2003-03-04 22:58:35
Hm, on the other hand, everyone run to the car. If we can catch a clue as to the whereabouts of that car, we'll stand a good chance of interception.

(Artis+Hummer) >> (Wounded Decker+Normal Car)

Gatac
Gatac 2003-03-04 23:20:20
We've got a commandeered helicopter now, thanks to the wonder that is AIM. :)

Fox News Chopper 9 ahoy!

We could:

1. Have the chopper look from the air, without our assistance - we'd stay on the ground in the Hummer.

2. Split up again, some people go in the air, some go in the Hummer. I'm leery about this but it might work.

3. We all go in the helicopter. Artis is a pilot too, just in case. :)