Jade Imperium OOC 2

e of pi 2007-05-17 04:20:20
What exactly is the Ma Duece? Grenades or a machine gun? either way, they're probably best used againt the remaining "tall grass" aliens. Semo should open up with whatever he has on the Other near him, and the Nerd Herd should either go defensive or make a stand. Max can handle himself, but some of the others might not. Taylor should abonadon his current position, and get around to the other side of the Humvee. He and the other Delta should try the aliens over there, unless Hugh gets them first. If they're already gone, go back to taking potshots at the Manta.
Gatac 2007-05-17 07:31:46
Priority is the Other near Angel, then spray the customers in the tall grass to the North-West.

Gatac
e of pi 2007-05-17 07:39:35
Ah. Answers that. I guess that priotiy order works, too. I still say Taylor needs to get to the other side of the Humvee (or into it and at that grenade launch that [IIR] is in the turret). Either way, he and Freene worry about the two in the grass. Once they're gone, turn the heavy guns toward the Manta. It and that lone guy at the Gate are the primary tactical liabilities, in my opinion. Guy at the Gate's Semo's problem, plus any of the scientists who can shoot or brawl well enough to not get seriously frakked up by that sword/fletchette thing.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-05-17 17:21:02
Mapquest'd!

Round 3:

Max
Semo, Hugh, Angel, and the Others all go simultaneously - geez, what a mess
Luis
Manta & Nerd Herd go at the same time too
Delta

Taylor's the only one who's been hit: 6/6 Wounds, 8/12 Shock.

I think that with two bad guys completely blown to pieces, we can safely say "There's the rolling that we're all used to from ADS!" Engage Imperial Stormtrooper dice!!! :)
Gatac 2007-05-17 17:40:40
Tall grass Others!

We should level our Mk 19 and the AT-4s on the manta. They're our best shots (literally) at hurting the ship. Concentrate fire on the turret.

Gatac
fanchergw 2007-05-17 17:40:56
I thought I'd try putting Semo's high strength and hand-to-hand skill scores to use.

BTW, very nice map!
e of pi 2007-05-17 21:37:50
Luis is moving to help Semo, since I don't think he's acted yet this turn. He's going just far enough in and over to get LOS past the generator truck, then opening up with the SMG. And I agree, the Manta ship is the next target for the heavy stuff. As for Hugh, we need to get closer with that machine gun. We want no survivors that we don't know the wereabouts of. Can Mellish get in the Humvee and move it the same general area as the other Humvee?
Dieter 2007-05-17 21:46:49
The nerd herd will be circling the wagons until the bad, bad aliens are gone.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-05-17 22:10:21
Mellish would be happy to assist you, except the Humvee Hugh is in has had its front shredded by the spheres. The obvious problem here is that it doesn't have any more front tires, but yes, he could still try to drive near Taylor's Humvee riding on the rims.
Gatac 2007-05-17 22:14:50
Bah. Less talking, more shooting!

Kill!

Kill!

[color=red:5175882556]KILL!!![/color]

*ahem*

Gatac
fanchergw 2007-05-17 22:37:39
admiralducksauce wrote:

Mellish would be happy to assist you, except the Humvee Hugh is in has had its front shredded by the spheres. The obvious problem here is that it doesn't have any more front tires, but yes, he could still try to drive near Taylor's Humvee riding on the rims.

This will, of course, play holy hell with any kind of accuracy for anyone trying to shoot from the vehicle.
e of pi 2007-05-18 00:43:26
fanchergw wrote:

admiralducksauce wrote:

This will, of course, play holy hell with any kind of accuracy for anyone trying to shoot from the vehicle.

Not once it's stopped, which means if Hugh misses the first time, he will probably be in a much better position by the next one. The main goal is to get a clear LOS for the machine gun, which can be accomplised by going forward ten feet and hanging a right. Call it sixty feet. How long does that take?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-05-18 03:14:25
At this point, Hugh's hits weren't because he was accurate but because he's firing 30 rounds with every action. :)
e of pi 2007-05-18 04:08:02
admiralducksauce wrote:

At this point, Hugh's hits weren't because he was accurate but because he's firing 30 rounds with every action. :)

Hence why getting in closer can only help.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-05-18 17:52:36
I'm in a tight spot, time-wise, because I'm going to be incomputercado till probably Sunday afternoon/evening. I'd like to finish out the combat round, update the map, etc., so you can all take your time and post your next actions.

So, I'm going to move forward. I'll have Angel go to ground and hold his action (unless we get some posts before I finish the update), so Ivan can interrupt something later on or simply get the initiative next round for free.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-05-18 20:13:02
Round 4 - what a mess.

Initiative:

Angel (4 Wild Dice)
Max (4 Wild Dice)
Others & Manta
Luis (5 WD), Nerd Herd, & Delta
Hugh (4 WD)
Semo (5 WD)

Andy Tupolev: 4/6 Wounds, 5/12 Shock
Ben Greene: 1/6 Wounds, 4/12 Shock
Chuck Taylor: 2/6 Wounds, 0/12 Shock
Irving Mellish and Kate Cavanaugh are unhurt

Angel is currently using Stealth to remain hidden. Enemies must beat his roll of 6 to spot him.

The manta ship is hovering right about even with a Humvee's roof based on its last action.

As for the beam weapons, think of the mounted weapon on the Spectre from Halo 2, or for a slightly less accurate example, the Hunter-Killers from the Terminator.
Gatac 2007-05-18 20:25:39
I was about to ask why nobody's grabbed an AT yet, but then I saw that I'm pretty much the closest soldier who's not already engaged. Turbo Hobble Power, activate!

I think Hugh's getting nostalgic for Iraq right about now. Sure, there was the sand and way too many civilians, but at least you could order a good old-fashioned air strike.

Gatac