Jade Imperium OOC 2

Gatac 2007-06-04 19:25:28
Hugh is definitely the last one through the gate.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-04 22:45:11
Well.... well fuck. Just FUCK fuck fuck.

I'm so used to hitting the "Delete Topic" key from the spambots that I hit it instead of "Lock Topic". The last 160-some IC posts are gone, guys. At least we have the OOC to kind of keep a record of what happened.
fanchergw 2007-06-04 23:37:29
Wow. That bytes. What are you doing, going and being human on us? :wink:

Shit happens.
e of pi 2007-06-05 00:17:14
Ouch. In other news, do you have the stats of our characters at the moment?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-05 01:10:11
Verrill: 6/6 W, 14/14 S, 6 Wild Dice
Taylor: 4/6 W, 12/12 S
Putupu: 10/10 W, 14/18 S, 6 WD
Stanhill: 6/6 W, 12/12 S, 6 WD
Riviera: 6/6 W, 10/14 S, 6 WD
Dietrich: 1/6 W, 0/12 S
Mellish: 2/6 W, 7/12 S

Kilgore: 6/6 W, 12/12 S, 6 WD
Tupolev: 6/6 W, 12/12 S
Cavanaugh: 1/6 W, 5/12 S

As you can see, we've refreshed Wild Dice and added a permanent one on top for everybody.

You guys also have a choice. ONE NPC gets a Wild Die. You guys pick.
e of pi 2007-06-05 01:43:32
I'm not sure which NPC to give a WD to yet, unless it might help Dietrich beat his "Nearly-dieing-of-radiation" thing, in which case it's obvious. However, I have a plan for keeping the Gate closed. Didn't you say that a physical object inside the ring (such as the original ice it was frozen in) can stop an incoming or outgoing Gate from forming? If so, why not just push a filing cabinet into the center or something like that? On the other hand, if that could have worked, why didn't they do it?
fanchergw 2007-06-05 02:57:24
That doesn't look too bad. Hopefully, the donut can patch up Kitty and the Hammer.

I'm with e: if the WD can help Dietrich, put it there. If not, I say give it to Kitty. Always a good thing for a geek to have, and she's cuter than Andy.
e of pi 2007-06-05 03:22:14
I realize this is an odd question, considering the old Vandal Squadron game is done, and there may or may not be another, but have you worked any more on the images you were doing of the PCs?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-05 03:40:03
That's a painful question to ask, isn't it? I think Ty was the only one I hadn't gotten to before we ended. Short version: No, I haven't done any more. Long version: I do indeed plan to finish out the group, so Ty will have a picture at some point.

Re: blocking the ring. You have to REALLY block the ring. Let's say you drive a Humvee halfway through the Gate. When it's turned on, as long as you can crawl around the Humvee, you can get in.

Good portal-blockers:
Sand
Concrete
Ice

Bad portal blockers:
filing cabinets
trucks
dead bodies

Maybe:
Water???
Gatac 2007-06-05 06:01:37
What do we have down here that could block the gate? I gather we can't stitch together a big net from the Turai corpses, can we?

(But if we did and coated it with MILSPEC flypaper, it would be self-renewing on gate activation...)

Gatac
e of pi 2007-06-05 06:17:10
admiralducksauce wrote:

If noone else has a different vote, then the redneck gets the Wild Die. :)

Cool, can he roll it against his rad damage?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-05 06:31:20
Yes he may. *rolls*

Well, Junior Dietrich is going to live. He's getting 1 Shock point back. You can't frisbee him for the same wounds, but he'll be receptive to Earth-based medicine.

Kitty improves to 3/6 Wounds, 11/12 Shock. She's opting out of further combat unless it's forced on her. 3/6 Wounds still equals half dead.

Mellish also regenerates to 4/6 Wounds, 12/12 Shock. He's ready to go because he's the goddamn Hebrew Hammer.

As Angel and Semo only took Shock damage, Luis can patch you up with frisbee or first aid. Depends on whether you want 1) your own scars or 2) someone else's unmarred flesh grafted to your body. :)

Taylor remains at his 4/6 Wounds, but he's got his entire arm regenerated now.

Blocking the Gate options:

1. You can't really do much to block the gate with it in place on the gantries. You'll have to probably cut the multi-ton artifact from its supports so it lies flat. This is a simple engineering-type roll to make sure you can rig up pulleys or at least figure a way for it to crash down without killing anyone.
2. Once it's flat, you CAN pile bodies and trashed server cabinets across its 15-foot diameter. That's... pretty fucked up, actually.
Gatac 2007-06-05 06:43:26
Well, when the only tool you have is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail...and all we have is a trashed gate room and lotsa bodies.

Gatac
e of pi 2007-06-05 07:14:55
I'm with that. I say we all just stand back, and push the frakker over. Then, we start piling things in it. I wish it didn't have to be what it is, but we can treat them as human remains later. Right now, we need large Gate-blocking materials, so we treat them as that. While the others who can move are Gate-tipping and piling...things, Luis'll be putting his Earth-skills into treating Dietrich.
Dieter 2007-06-05 15:40:14
admiralducksauce wrote:

Blocking the Gate options:

1. You can't really do much to block the gate with it in place on the gantries. You'll have to probably cut the multi-ton artifact from its supports so it lies flat. This is a simple engineering-type roll to make sure you can rig up pulleys or at least figure a way for it to crash down without killing anyone.
2. Once it's flat, you CAN pile bodies and trashed server cabinets across its 15-foot diameter. That's... pretty fucked up, actually.

Give Max a cutting torch and 5 minutes. That Gate's coming down. If/when we decide to use it again, we can at least rig it back upright on our terms.
Dieter 2007-06-05 16:19:48
I say we test the Gate, but have a killswitch ready if in fact it does still work.
Gatac 2007-06-05 16:48:46
Seriously though, Max does contradict Hugh a hell of a lot. I figure it's the right time to put my foot down on that. :)

Gatac