Jade Imperium OOC 2

Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-05 17:05:53
He should, though. Max is an Action Scientist, Hugh is a Pulp Hero. They're bound to butt heads. Besides, it's a staple of the genre. Evy and Rick O'Connell don't get along in the Mummy. Daniel Jackson & O'Neill in Stargate. Gorman & Ripley, to take from another genre I'm severely ripping off. :)
fanchergw 2007-06-05 17:14:49
Semo has no idea if the frisbee thing has limited power / charges / whatever, so he'll opt for regular first aid as he's not that badly hurt.
Dieter 2007-06-06 00:21:09
Why rely on nuclear power when we have this here lozenge at our disposal?! Let's hook that baby up to the grid! :P
e of pi 2007-06-06 00:43:20
That's not a bad thought, assuming you meant MN's grid, not the Gate's. Can we do it in a way that'll give us an advantage? Do their helmets have night vision or something like it, or are we currently all on even terrain? If it's dark for both of us, our familiarity with the place gives us a slight advantage.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-06 01:26:05
The Turai helmets see perfectly through darkness, flashbangs, and smoke, although I realize I haven't been writing it quite like that. Anyhoo, you have nightvision, so you're all on an even footing in the dark or otherwise.
Dieter 2007-06-06 04:21:58
fanchergw wrote:

Quote:

*Want some candy?*

Oh, goody. Alien sicko-s.

I think that was actually a Predator reference, but creepy all the same. :o
e of pi 2007-06-06 06:47:42
So, out of curiosity, where were the aliens, generally, before they blanked their beacons? The same level as us? Nearby? I'm guessing there's some in the experimental room, but where else?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-06 14:31:15
They were mostly scattered in pairs in the upper levels, although Max couldn't really tell more than "above us" and "eight of them" before they cottoned to his trickery and removed him from the IFF system.

On a different topic, were you going to let the tall robed guy bleed to death, because that's where he's going.
fanchergw 2007-06-06 17:23:32
admiralducksauce wrote:

On a different topic, were you going to let the tall robed guy bleed to death, because that's where he's going.

Oh. I thought he was already dead.
Gatac 2007-06-06 17:40:35
More prisoners, more fun! Let's get Stanhill over there and stabilize the honcho.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-07 05:05:49
Is the general intent for the Terrible Trio to head to sublevel 5 and see if you can't whack anyone still hanging around? I assumed you'd use stairs rather than the elevators.
fanchergw 2007-06-07 05:07:47
That's what I'm guessing, though it's really the captain's call. (Gotta go By The Book, after all... :wink: )
e of pi 2007-06-07 07:49:12
Are there any of the mentioned ducts into the Pit? Can we block them, if there are? Also, could Max or somebody help me figure out why Gold Dude doesn't want to be treated or whatever?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-06-07 22:04:07
The level 5 door does have a double-thick lexan porthole, so it's possible this guy's partner will see you open up. However, with Hugh helping with Tactics, Angel's got an immense initiative bonus and has rolled well with Stealth. You could go for the knife/sword kill if you wanted to, or drag him down and kick him a bunch of times, or throw him over the railing, or what have you. Knock yourself out. :)