Jade Imperium OOC 2

Dieter 2007-05-31 16:38:06
admiralducksauce wrote:

Just for that instant. Whatever the drones do when they spot hostiles screws up your radio.

Ah.

Max's plan will be to take cover, calling the play-by-play of the drones' movements and taking opportunistic pot-shots at said drones.
fanchergw 2007-05-31 17:15:07
ADS,

Did you miss my question on the last page?
fanchergw wrote:

Does it look like they could get a reasonable angle to fire an AT4 through the manta's hatch? Seems like a nice way to say hello...

Optimally, I envision one in the hatch and one in the engine (if the one in the hatch doesn't do the job). If no LOS possible on the hatch, hit the engines, then watch for LOS on the belly of the ship.

Yup, I realize this means splitting Angel and Semo up to get proper angles.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-05-31 17:58:24
Doh, my bad. I'll adjust the map for next round. For now, assume Angel has the engine shot and Semo has the hatch shot.
Dieter 2007-05-31 18:07:01
Max will do one more round of monkeying with the Turai rifle. Failing that, he'll switch back to the P90.
e of pi 2007-05-31 18:14:02
Switch now. As I said IC, the events posted lead me to believe they have anti-friendly fire protocols hard-wired in. No time to work around, just switch back to the P90.
e of pi 2007-05-31 21:13:59
What're things like at the camp? How many drones did we get, total?
fanchergw 2007-05-31 21:20:48
If I read the post correctly, you've taken out 6 of the 9 drones. Should be 3 left. Question now is: how dangerous are they? We haven't actually seen them attack yet.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-05-31 21:27:32
Gordon's right. Hugh got 1, Luis got 2, Mellish got 2, Kitty got 1. Quite frankly, you haven't given them a chance to attack. Who wants to sit and wait to see if they do? :)
Gatac 2007-05-31 21:35:19
Oh, they can try...after we do some impromptu field modification by adding improvised lead counterweights. :D

Gatac
Dieter 2007-05-31 21:53:29
I may regret suggesting this later, but shooting the lozenge would prevent any further Gate openings...although the blastwave could be...less than desirable. :?
Gatac 2007-05-31 21:59:58
If we've gotten to where the turai have actually set up camp in our home base, our priority should be clearing the gate site and leading an assault to retake Mesas Negras, not to cut us off from there. The alien energy source is our best shot.

Theoretically, someone else could be called in on Earth to retake MN, but we have no way to contact anyone without going through the gate and back to the surface, at which point we're already in the business of leading an assault on the gate room.

I do recommend a little bit of tactics I thought of a while ago - if we establish the gate from Whirr, we'll be the only ones who can fire through it from our side without having to actually step through. We could lay down a good amount of destruction without exposing ourselves to their return fire - and even if their weapons do work through the gate (pure energy), at least they wouldn't be able to use the mounted defensive weapons of MN against us. (I suspect MN has big, fuck-off guns aimed at the gate to deal with nasty visitors.)

Gatac
Dieter 2007-05-31 22:11:47
Consider this:

We go back to Mesa Negras and the Turai send an entire invasion fleet during the interim.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2007-05-31 22:17:46
You can't send anything wider than 15 feet through the portal. That puts a damper on those manta ships, and the Pit is 8 stories underground. An infantry invasion is possible, but what happens when they reach the surface? Fucking airstrikes, that's what. :)

I'm just saying all hope is not lost.

As for big fuck-off guns, MN doesn't technically have those, but if you survive this you bet your ass that's the first thing they're putting down there.

And Gatty's idea would work. Engage a portal, throw Stanhill's C-4 through there or a bunch of your grenades, or even light up the Pit with the buried Mk. 19 launcher.