CAMPAIGN COMMENTS - Comments on previous/current Spycraft ca

Dieter 2003-03-12 17:45:40
You want to be a cleaner? [passes a gun and bullets]

Here, goodbye gifts, go clean.
Dieter 2003-08-07 18:56:06
Ok, so where would everyone like to go. When the last scene of what I'll be ultimately calling "Book III: A Trainwreck from the start" ends, the Agents will be pretty much able to go anywhere.

I have been mulling over a British-Isles campaign for a while, but I'd be willing to entertain other suggestions.

Places we will NOT be going to.

-Far East (I think we all know why)
-Russia (I think beat that horse long enough)
-Middle East (I hear enough about it on CNN)
Dieter 2003-08-07 19:18:19
The setting would probably be based out of Scotland since that's always a cool backdrop. Occasionally you might take The Chunnel (heh) or speedy plane ride over to France. I've found that keeping everything in one tight location helps the flow of the plotline.

Question for everyone:

Did you guys like the investigative style of the Vegas mission? I had quite alot of fun writing and running that one.
Dieter 2003-08-07 19:21:23
I had a lot of fun following along, especially since I was (and still am) playing the muscle, so nothing extraordinarily intuitiuve was expected out of me.

Lay on, MacDuff!
Dieter 2003-08-07 19:51:20
Yeah, I liked the spying part of the espionage game. Who'd've thunk it? :)

Jolly Old England sounds good for a change of pace - we'll have Brian as a translator again!
threadbare 2003-08-08 11:50:56
I enjoyed vegas, but I'd dig a central american campaign. I mean, we had the School of the Americas to promote thuggery that benefits us, there are probably Agency concerns with our "little brown brothers" to the south. Venezuela is currently in plenty of upheaval (I know a kid down there who'd thrown rocks at troops before his 14th birthday) and there's always the god damn mess we call Colombia. We could do a "killing pablo" redux or something. Jolly ole England is also cool, but I enjoy the peligro of Latin America.

(Edited by Threadbare at 5:35 am on Aug. 8, 2003)
Gatac 2003-08-08 15:38:26
I vote Scotland, but let's keep Central America in mind for the next one.

Gatac
Dieter 2003-08-08 15:45:13
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 9:38 am on Aug. 8, 2003
I vote Scotland, but let's keep Central America in mind for the next one.

Gatac

Duly noted. It appears the majority is for adventures in Scotland. I'm thrilled since it's been at least 12 hours since I've been able to quote something from Simpsons' character, Willy the Janitor. :)

"Back to the Loch with you, Nessie!"

"Willy hears ya. He doesn't care, but he hears ya."
CrazyIvan 2003-08-13 04:07:54
I enjoyed the investigative style of the Vegas, punctuated by action. It assures that characters shine in different places (Brian is an army man...where as Jess...well, she can talk her way into Fort Knox if she felt like it), and that they aren't just a set of stat lines.
threadbare 2003-08-13 07:17:29
I agree. Hell, harry got to perform at the house of Blues. I think he has that program framed in his office at the Agency. God knows what he's doing now, but it's probably both important and sekrat.
Dieter 2003-08-13 15:24:55
Gah...when coming up with the next combat sequence, I just noticed I have six players. This may become a bit unwieldy for a PbP format.

In lieu of that, I hope everyone will allow me embellish where I can so that combat doesn't take weeks to complete.

As stated before, life or death decisions will stop the plotline until they can be resolved by the player(s) involved. I should also state that if you die*, you won't be coming back for quite a while...or regulated to NPC status. My ultimate goal is to drop the number of current players to a maximum of four.

*Usually in a grand blaze of glory.

(Edited by Dieter at 11:18 am on Aug. 13, 2003)
Dieter 2003-08-14 19:36:38
Party leadership....

As the Team progresses in level and the missions become more complex, I feel that the party needs a defined leader who can make decisions for the greater whole. And looking ahead I think this might help the plotline along.

Post your nominations here. The person with the most votes is designated party leader with the #2 vote being next in line should the leader be away or otherwise incapaciated (IRL or in the game). Ties will be broken by me.

Thanks in advance for your input.

(Edited by Dieter at 2:37 pm on Aug. 14, 2003)