CAMPAIGN COMMENTS - Comments on previous/current Spycraft ca

Dieter 2002-11-04 20:44:25
Rules for Shaken, Not Stirred.

(Please note that this is for just NEW people as they join. Everyone else is considered grandfathered into the system)

I'm usually online all day during the week, checking the board infrequently on the weekends.

What this means is that 95% of all gaming is done Monday-Friday. If you want a big part in the game, you have to post with some regular frequency (at least 3 or 4 times a day).

As you may have noticed Gatac and Admiralducksauce (ADS) are usally the main stars or "leads" because they are around (all the time it seems like ;)) to keep the plot going.

Infested Paladin and Threadbare have more of "supporting cast" duties. They are active when they can be, but otherwise are NPCs for all intents and purposes. I basically run their characters whenever I need them to do/say something. It seems to work out for everyone.

I need to know whether you're going to be a lead or supporting cast member. This will determine how much of the spotlight shines on you at any given time.

Also, are you familiar with (ie have) the Spycraft game? If so, make a (as of 11/4/02) 5th level character using the following point-buy system.

All six abilities start at 8 (you can choose to have a lower ability score, but it gives no benefits). Characters get 28 points to buy wit
9 (1pt), 10 (2pts), 11 (3pts)...and so on up to 12pts for an 18 ability score.

As far as classes, it's up to you. We have the wheelman covered as well as the soldier. The team is in desperate need of a snoop if were asking.

For all character creation issues, PM me and we will discuss things. It keeps the actual threads from getting bogged down.
Dieter 2002-11-04 21:14:24
Note that the "12" for an 18 ability score is correct. It's just a good way of keeping people from min-maxing.
threadbare 2002-11-29 04:56:13
I'd be very interested in playing. I've currently got a Snoop, but he's first level, so I'd have to rework him. Is there any information on the setting of this game yet?

--
Matt
Dieter 2002-11-29 18:29:07
Joshua,

I don't have a synopsis of the game, but if you were to browse through the earlier chapters you'll get a good idea of what is going on.

As of right now, I think we have a full boat...but I could always use a few more minor characters that I don't have to run as NPC's.

Mail me here with your ??? and character.

fcbayern0198@yahoo.com
threadbare 2002-11-30 12:33:45
He could play as a dedicated computer/nuts and bolts kinda guy, we're a little short on mechanical masters and such.
threadbare 2002-11-30 13:42:13
That'd definitely work for me. He's kinda geared towards a tech support guy rather than an active field agent. A little like Emilio Estevez's character in Mission: Impossible.
Dieter 2003-02-05 20:44:12
We'll be wrapping up the current game soon enough, so I wanted to pose a question to the group.

Where to next?

1-Back to Mother Russia. I have a pretty kickass idea involving the Trans-Siberian Railroad

2-TO TIJUANA! Fun in the sun with some Desperado-style action adventure. Sombreros and margaritas not included.

3-Down Under, mate. Crikey! Put a shrimp on the barbie and save a bullet for yourself when you're in Australia. After seeing the LotR movies, I'm also inspired to do something in New Zealand.

Select a first and second choice then reply in this thread.

(Edited by Dieter at 1:45 pm on Feb. 5, 2003)
Gatac 2003-02-05 20:49:00
Norway ! Norway ! Norway !

Um, I mean, 1, then 2.

Gatac
threadbare 2003-02-06 03:07:37
2, then 3. I like spy movies in hot climates. they seem just a bit more desperate.
Dieter 2003-02-07 20:57:09
If we hit New Zealand, then we have to do some Halo-style jeep rides over the hills. Long as Artis doesn't get fooled by the rocks, that is.

I'm down for whatever, as long as we get to kick ass.
Dieter 2003-02-07 21:20:20
Voting tallies so far: (as of 2/7/03)

1 Vote for Russia
2 Votes for Mexico
2 Votes for Australia/New Zealand

1 swing vote with tendancy towards Australia/New Zealand.

Still waiting for Ivan and Joshua (is he even around anymore??).
Dieter 2003-02-07 21:59:43
It's Australia/New Zealand by a majority vote.

Please take the new locale into consideration when you level-up. (everyone goes up a level at the end of this campaign)
threadbare 2003-02-08 06:51:22
okay, that means I should probably avoid adding any levels of "drinking unsanitary water."
Dieter 2003-02-27 16:58:13
Well, I'm thinking that I might have to re-evaluate the setting location.

I was pretty sure something interesting was happening in Australia, but it seems that the place is about as unexciting (for an action-adventure setting) as North Dakota during the winter (or at any time of the year for that matter).

Alternative places. (Please vote for a 1st & 2nd choice)

1)Mexico/Central America
2)Montreal/Toronto, Canada (The movie "The Score" has inspired me)
3)Far East Asia (with an emphasis on China and Japan...ala John Woo)

Vote now!