OOC: Shaken, not stirred.

Dieter 2002-04-14 22:12:49
Hmm, that'd put them in a moral dilemna, the right choice resulting in them being burned by the Agency. I think I'll run some typical good guy/bad guy seasons before I think about opening that can of worms.

Gatac: Yeah. I hear the only thing remotely "Nazi" about today's Germany is the extremes to which Nazism is publicly denounced and repressed. Rightly so, of course.
threadbare 2002-04-15 06:47:12
What about that Austrian fellow? And the rising anti-semitism in europe, particularly in France?
Dieter 2002-04-15 14:03:49
Ok, if you guys want to talk about IP's game, start your own thread.

Thanks. :)
Dieter 2002-04-15 17:47:48
Well, after much analysis...it would be easier just to buy everyone a copy of the Spycraft rules (yeah right, not happening!) than try and copy all the pertinent info in the rulebook.

I'm at a bit of an empasse since I'd really like to run an online game, but the rules are a bit hefty for a simple pedestrian explanation every now and again.

Ideas?
Dieter 2002-04-15 18:01:46
Don't worry so much about the rules. :) We've all got relatively well fleshed-out characters, that's the most important part. Leave the character stats and stuff the way they are, use them as guidelines. If you need to know certain feats and stuff, hopefully by the time that we'd get them, you'd have a pretty good idea of where we're taking our characters anyway, so I'm fine with you picking what seems to be best for us anyway, since that way we won't be making stupid decisions based on a lack of relevant information.
Dieter 2002-04-15 20:30:24
Hey,

That sounds good to me. After the first mission, I should be able to gauge what feats/skills you want to have.

Expect this train to get moving in the next few days. :)
threadbare 2002-04-16 02:05:00
That works.

Hey, is it alright for me to have some knowledge about the Trilateral Commission and the CFR? It is political, and he did come out of the power brokerage.
Dieter 2002-04-16 03:34:15
I'm not familiar with either of those groups. Can you give me some background on them?
Dieter 2002-04-16 06:42:08
I re-edited Gavin. His sheet should still be around page 6, I think.
threadbare 2002-04-16 10:24:39
I'm sure Punkey knows this better than I do. If I remember right, the Council on Foreign Relations is an open, innocuous looking group that supposedly holds much influence over how policy is set, and holds closed meetings. Its membership holds most prominent leaders in business and politics, and discusses the most important issues behind closed doors.

The Trilateral Commission is a group of powerful middle age white guys whom some believe are up to something sneaky. They are the Global Elite, the Establishment, the Man, and some believe they're out to keep themselves on top.

The most secretive of these groups is the Bilderberg Group, called so for its first meeting. It wouldn't be so suspicious if its members weren't so damn surreptitious about it. They have some really serious security at events, "informal meetings" held behind closed and heavilly guarded doors.
Dieter 2002-04-16 14:15:21
Actually, I was thinking of an organization more like the Pentaverate.....A secret society of the five wealthiest people in the world that control everything, including the newspapers, and meet tri-annually in a secret colorado mansion known as "The Meadows"

Who's in this pentaverate?

The Queen, the Vatican, the Gettys, the Rothchilds, and Colonel Sanders before he went tits up. Oh how I hate the colonel! With his wee beady eyes and the smug look on his face... Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken, OH!

How can I hate the Colonel? Because he puts an addictive drug in his chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly!

:)

But I'll also take a look at the others everyone has mentioned. Thanks.

BTW: I have everyone's revamped/full-versioned characters ready to go. I'm going to just edit what you have up on this thread. I'll let everyone know when I have them done.
Dieter 2002-04-16 17:03:11
Ok, everyone's characters should have been edited. All modifications are in bold-faced italics.

Here's the page #'s

ADS: Page 4
Gatac: Page 3
Paladin: Page 6
Threadbare: Page 7

Oh, and budget points (for the mission) are as follows:

ADS: 27
Gatac: 35
Threadbare: 26
Paladin: 29

3 Gadget points for the entire team to use.

$400 each for field expenses

(Edited by Dieter at 11:37 am on April 16, 2002)

(Edited by Dieter at 1:03 pm on April 16, 2002)
threadbare 2002-04-16 19:50:54
I think I'll lose the switchblade. With a negative modifier I'm worried about rolling a 3 or below. This might change my gear loadup. I'm pretty sure my style feat is going to be mark, however.
Dieter 2002-04-16 20:03:34
"Mark" is a great feat to take. Looking over the style feats for beginning characters, it's the one I'd choose.
Dieter 2002-04-17 01:25:05
Okay, I went back and changed a few errors, like how I changed my ranged attack to .40 S&W handgun, while my gear still read "9x19mm SMG." D'oh!

Also, I picked Martial Arts as my Soldier class feat. The way the penalties for two weapons run, it woudln't be profitable until level 9 or so.
Dieter 2002-04-17 19:58:50
BTW:

If anyone wants a background, let me know by the end of the day.
Dieter 2002-04-17 22:11:52
*group huddle*

I think we need some bugging equipment, definitely. I'm planning on saving at least a handful of mine in case we get going and I need to use my Requisition ability once we discover we've forgotten something vital, or something else comes up. :)

In short, some bugs or a miniature camera for me perhaps. I could think of some stuff if I had double the BPs, but then that's with double the BPs. hehe.
Gatac 2002-04-18 12:38:46
I've got BPs to spare and no idea what to do with em...Feel free to use them liberally.

Gatac