OOC: Shaken, not stirred.

Gatac 2002-04-01 22:57:44
Hey, you roleplay a female spy with 18 charisma, then we talk, k ?

Gatac
Dieter 2002-04-01 22:58:31
While Great tit would be applicable to Gatty's character, I think she would be a bit opposed. :)

Nighthawk sounds good to me, it's fitting.
threadbare 2002-04-02 05:54:35
If the low road gets you laughs, take it, I sez.

Sounds good to me too. He's a regular bird of prey on a stakeout, watching under cover of darkness. The painting is an extra bonus, and could get some good conversation between him and Artis.
Dieter 2002-04-02 15:35:56
Well, crap Adam. Having a negative modifier just shoots your mission budget allocation in hole.

(Taken from the SC:PHB)

You have a total of -6 because to get your mission budget points you multiply your CHR mod x 2d4. That is poor and I'll let you reallocate your attributes if you like.
I didn't realize how important CHR was in this game.

On the other hand, Jessica will be getting 15bp!

Harry will be getting 12bp.

And since this is a time sensitive mission, you also get an extra 50%, so J will be getting 22 and Harry gets 18.

We'll wait to see if ADS wants to flip things around.
Dieter 2002-04-02 15:53:25
Don't you add the CHR modifier to something though? I'd think they would have realized that not everyone has good CHR but they still need SOME semblance of equipment.

"Mission Budget: During the Gearing Up phase of every
mission (usually after the mission briefing, per your GC), roll
2d4 and multiply the result by your Charisma modifier
(positive or negative), then add an amount determined by the
Agency’s threat code for the mission (see page 19):
Threat Code Mission Budget Bonus
Code: Yellow 15
Code: Red 25
Code: Black 35
Action dice may not be spent to increase this roll.
The combined result is your mission budget for the current
assignment. Any mission bonus result of 0 or less becomes 0;
the agent simply receives no budget for that mission.
Like personal budget, your agent’s mission budget may be
spent for anything in the standard-issue gear section, unless
otherwise stated. All equipment not lost, stolen, or destroyed is
returned at the end of each mission."

So if it's a code yellow I'd still get 9 BP. Yeah, that part of having a low CHR sucks, but I just have to wait till 4th level and then I can add a point there and solve the problem.
Dieter 2002-04-02 16:06:01
WTF?!!! Where did you get this? Don't tell me it's in Spycraft: Lite...if so, which page?

That changes things...no one do ANYTHING until I figure this out.

k?
Dieter 2002-04-02 16:19:26
OK, here's the REVISED BP totals for everyone.

Adam: You actually get 13bp afterall.
Jessica: 45!...My god! 45! (Don't ask what she did to get that many!) j/k
Harry: 40bp

Hmm, now that makes sense. Okie dokey, start allocating! :)

*Remember, you can all share your bp if you have things you want to pitch in and buy. Also, I think you two might want to give ADS a few since he is starting much lower than you are.*

(Edited by Dieter at 9:21 am on April 2, 2002)
Dieter 2002-04-02 16:58:54
I'm thinking we'll mostly be needing bugging devices, right? Surveillance and such?
Gatac 2002-04-02 18:30:49
That on top of all the crap I got for personal budget ? Coolio. If so, I take...

- 3 Headset Radios, encrypted [3x5=15]
- NV googles [12]
- 3 Audio Bugs [3x3]
- Miniature Camera [4]
- Micro-Tape Recorder [2]
- Stimulant Shot [3]

Most of the above would be for surveillance work, which I suppose is pretty critical for this mission. If anyone has better suggestions, I'd be pleased to hear em.

Gatac
Dieter 2002-04-02 18:37:57
The mission bp are completely seperate from you personal budget, which you can also add to the pool or keep for yourself.
Gatac 2002-04-02 19:34:25
My personal budget is already aligned, check the char sheet.

Gatac
threadbare 2002-04-02 23:38:30
wow 40 points. I could get actual protective gear if I wanted. I think no matter what, I'm getting a gas mask. I know how gas always makes for a effective plot device. I think I'll get a parabolic microphone, too. I'll have to take a harder look later.

What about gadgets? Do we have a mission budget for gadgets?
threadbare 2002-04-03 03:11:25
I'm still not clear on this Power Brokerage gadget bonus works? How many do I get? When do I get them? How much would a hat that gives me the same bonus as a motorcycle helmet run me in gadget points. How about that combination jockstrap/cup/concealable holster I asked about?

Also, as per sharing budget points, shouldn't I be in contact with them or something like that in order to do so? I could buy everyone antidote shots, if they wanted.

(Edited by Threadbare at 1:15 pm on April 2, 2002)

(Edited by Threadbare at 1:31 pm on April 2, 2002)
Dieter 2002-04-04 04:33:30
First of all, I have to say

HOLY FUCKING SHIT! SPYCRAFT ROCKS!

There are so many good things about this game, I suggest everyone just buy the rulebook and see for themselves.

It will take me a few days to digest all the new stuff, but I'd have to say that everyone will probably need/want to revamp their characters.

You wanted to know if there's two-weapon fighting. HELL YEAH there is! Along with the t-w fighting feat, there's 22 other ranged combat feats. Don't drool too much, there's prerequisites for most of them that means you can't get them for a while. :)

Ok, as for that starting feat crap. You DON'T get an extra feat along with your Departmental training bonus feat. Which makes sense since you get a bunch when you pick your class.

As for gadget points, everyone gets 2, except Threadbare who gets 3 since people from PB get a +1.

If you already spent gp's during character creation (which I think you don't get any at the start since the Agency gives you the gadgets to begin with), subtract that from the 2 you're getting now.

Ok, let's bombard Dave with a zillion questions. :)

(Edited by Dieter at 9:34 pm on April 3, 2002)
Gatac 2002-04-04 11:02:21
Hey, I'm from Power Brokerage too, my friend. If I only got the two gadget points extra now, well.then technically I shouldn't have the X-Ray lenses yet. But since the gadgets are non-mission specific (i.e., no mission budget for them), I thought we already got them...

And since I'm a lover, not a fighter, there shouldn't be a need to seriously revamp my character.

My question is, do we thus start with one or two feats ? If two, that's alright, if one, I'm deleting World Traveller.

Gatac
threadbare 2002-04-04 11:18:14
Wouldn't it make sense to have one, since you're a level one character, and a department one, right?

It also says in the power brokerage thing that you have a personal budget of 5gp. Did that change in the regular book?
Dieter 2002-04-04 21:29:33
Sorry for not responding, I got caught up in watching Full Metal Jacket last night and before I realized, it was 1am and I didn't read anymore of Spycraft.

Tonight you should have some answers, hopefully.

I almost 100% sure that you guys who took Power Brokerage get an extra 5gp to start, but I'll also double check on that as well.