OOC: Shaken, not stirred.

Dieter 2002-05-02 07:57:51
Does this mean I've wrested the gun from him? I suppose not...
Dieter 2002-05-02 14:54:13
Well, I rolled a "3" for your grapple check...so no, but you did prevent him from getting off another shot that round.
Dieter 2002-05-02 15:20:50
Um, before we go get the key from the clerk, who is inside a videotaped building, I think we should try to Disguise ... Jess, since she's the best at people skills. Normally people's cars aren't kept spotless, so perhaps there's something in the explorer we could use.
Dieter 2002-05-02 15:31:15
I'm still waiting for Gatac to respond so I can put something in the IC thread.

In the Explorer, you find:

A weathered baseball cap, New York Mets
A gym bag containing sneakers (size 11), towel, and a t-shirt (complete with sweat stains).
Gatac 2002-05-02 18:49:51
Sorry for not responding, I was in an 24h Cinema Marathon. (It rocked, by the way. But Blade 2 pretty much sucks, or maybe I was just too tired.)

Anyway, WIS/INT check against a slight nervous breakdown ? For someone who's never killed, a double-tap in the head must seem pretty freakin' drastic.

Gatac
Dieter 2002-05-02 18:57:33
I was wondering where you were, it wasn't like you to absent for so long..just let us know next time and I'll work around it.

Anywho...about that nervous breakdown of Jessica.

Gatac, so sorry...I rolled a "1". You'll have traumatic flashbacks (mainly reliving the exploding head and subsequent spillage of brain matter).

Bad news: You'll be hesitant to ever (in gaming terms) critical an opponent. You have to make a WILL save (DC=30) to do so.

Good news: Folks, we have our first player with a background...and it's a good one too. Gatac, you'll be getting an additional amount of XP because of it.

On with the game...
Gatac 2002-05-02 19:44:19
Those reset buttons really suck. I oughta know it :)

Gatac
Dieter 2002-05-02 20:42:43
Just to let you know, the bathroom in question is probably big enough to fit two adult-sized people inside.
If you get really chummy, you could fit three people in, but your only actions would be blinking and breathing.

It is the back of the station, so if you wanted to something sneaky or evil, the odds are with you that no one will see it happen.
Dieter 2002-05-02 21:07:37
I added some more to my IC post, since edits don't mark as new posts.

My aim is really not torture here. I'm figuring Artis isn't as affected by the trauma we just went through because 1) he was actually hit by the fucker and 2) he still hasn't killed anyone, or even fired his gun for that matter. I just want to be reasonably sure that Pedro's not going to try anything. I'm perfectly OK if Dave needs Artis to make a WIL save to kill the guy in cold blood, if it comes to that. It makes sense. :)
threadbare 2002-05-03 04:02:10
How far from him am I? If I'm within 1 move, I'll move as a half action and hold the half action to attack or something. If I'm not within one move, I'll aim. After the first half action, no matter what it is, I'm going to, as a free action, say. "Yo, Crack Shot: Don't fucking move." (presumably triggering an intimidation check)

Btw, when I was gearing up, I got a suit liner, a gas mask, and handcuffs, all of which are in the car.

Also I had questions about gadgets. I want sunglasses with nightvision built in. How much will that run me? I get 3 gadget points, right? If the sunglasses are 2 points, I'll have memory paper. If it's one point, I'll have a copycat Valise.

(Edited by Threadbare at 9:19 pm on May 2, 2002)
threadbare 2002-05-03 04:08:25
And whenever my next turn is, I'm pummeling him with both my half actions. We need to get this thing over with.
Dieter 2002-05-03 14:52:26
Quote:

Quote: from Threadbare on 10:02 pm on May 2, 2002
How far from him am I? If I'm within 1 move, I'll move as a half action and hold the half action to attack or something. If I'm not within one move, I'll aim. After the first half action, no matter what it is, I'm going to, as a free action, say. "Yo, Crack Shot: Don't fucking move." (presumably triggering an intimidation check)

Btw, when I was gearing up, I got a suit liner, a gas mask, and handcuffs, all of which are in the car.

Also I had questions about gadgets. I want sunglasses with nightvision built in. How much will that run me? I get 3 gadget points, right? If the sunglasses are 2 points, I'll have memory paper. If it's one point, I'll have a copycat Valise.

Gotcha on the equipment. Nightvision sunglasses are a bit of a "luxury item", so they're 3 gp. I'll double check the rulebook tonight, unless Adam happens to know it. :)
Dieter 2002-05-03 14:54:26
Also...

Now that Artis and Jessica have some new info...what are you guys doing?
Gatac 2002-05-03 15:18:13
Hm, contacting the Agency might be a good idea, just to let them know that we've stumbled onto something and need to meet our reinforcements quickly. (And while we're at it, we should demand a pay rise for getting into such trouble in our first mission. :) )

However, we could also play it safe and try to stage something on our own, totally disregarding any support the Agency could give us. But that sounds a far bit on the paranoid side of things, and probably won't look good in debriefing. So I vote in favour of phoning home.

Gatac
Gatac 2002-05-03 16:03:46
Yeah, I wouldn't have called home if Pedro had known the codenames Heron or Nighthawk, but even if Gonzales is inside the organizazation, he's not Kyle. Maybe it's Garza?

And then I think we should try to trace the bad guys' cellphone - I doubt it'll work, but with secret spy tracebusta-busta technology, it might.

Gatac, do you want to pull a John McLane and openly taunt whoever's on the other line? Or pretend like I'm Miguel? If so, do we pretend we accomplished our mission (which MAY lead us to more information about the mastermind) or do we say something like "They got away from us in the parking lot, where are they?" (which maybe will shed some light into if we're actually bugged or not)?
Gatac 2002-05-03 16:59:34
Hm, I doubt that we could pretend to be our killers even for the sake of a phone conversation. And even if we could...the prospect of telling someone that we improved the gene pool by disposing of their idiotic minions is just too much of a temptation. :)

Gatac
Dieter 2002-05-03 17:14:51
Let me get this straight, you're placing a call to Gonzalez?

If so, who is making the call?
Gatac 2002-05-03 17:22:14
Art will have to, Jessica is still a bit out of the loop.

Gatac