OOC: Shaked, Not Stirred II - Brilliant! So now we got a Hug

Dieter 2002-06-07 17:59:55
From what we know, should we be running from the Spanish cops or hoping they've brought an ambulance?

If we decide to book it, Artis will Instant Hotwire the Mercedes. If we stay, he'll throw something small and metal (like a wrench or something) up into the helicopter's rotors. Fuck those guys. :)
Dieter 2002-06-07 18:13:25
It's about a 50/50 chance of you getting into more trouble by eluding the police.

Here's the deal:

1) You're in the home of a wealthy local doctor, who incidentally, is laying dead as yesterday on his back terrace. Not to mention the dead gunman whose spinal cord that resembles rotini pasta laying in the immediate vacinity.

2) You're all pretty much covered in blood, whether that be yours or others...not good in the eyes of any law enforcement official.

3) The house is shot to hell and every neighbor within a 3-block radius who didn't hear the gunshots, did hear the sound of multiple grenades going off.

Unless you're planning on alot of bribes and Jessica blowing the cops and the EMT's like a circus seal...you might just want to get the hell out of dodge while you have the chance. :)

Would you like some making fuck, BESERKER!

(Edited by Dieter at 11:14 am on June 7, 2002)
Dieter 2002-06-07 18:17:26
Yeah, I figured the scene didn't look too good in our favor. Hotwire it is, then! (but first making sure someone bring the rifle/shotgun and assorted ammo with us)
Dieter 2002-06-07 18:43:07
Well, where are you guys off to? More importantly, Adam, how would you describe your driving. You can make it like how you did for Gatac in the HEROES? thread.
Dieter 2002-06-07 19:03:56
Since I forget the Spycraft maneuver names:

Caution: 5 (we're out in the middle of nowhere, so I doubt we'll hit somebody, but at the same time I'm leery of winding moutain roads)
Speed: 5 (It's at night in unfamiliar territory)
Twists and Turns: 10 (trying to weasel my way away from them)

I'll be trying my best to take us back towards town based on my memory from the drive up with the Wolf - barring that, I'm hitting the big red "Go Anywhere Right Now" button. :)
Dieter 2002-06-07 19:17:10
While navigating the impossible narrow roads, which are little more than paved goat-paths, everyone's text messengers go off.

Shrike to (insert name). Where are you? One of ours agents tagged along with the local Federales when then got the call about the situation at the doctor's villa. If you are near the villa, return immediately! The agent will go by the name of Mr. Nightengale. He's about 60 years old, balding with grey hair (think Patrick Stewart). I'm sure he's probably the only "non-local" in the lot.
Dieter 2002-06-07 23:35:13
If you couldn't tell already, Philpott is pretty much modeled after Captain Picard on Star Trek. He comes off as a very authoritative yet supportive figure. Diplomacy and social etiquette exude from him as well as coming across as an overall stand-up kind of guy.
Gatac 2002-06-07 23:38:34
Hey, who are we to fuck with Picard ? Expect Jessica to hang on his lips...figuratively.

Gatac
threadbare 2002-06-08 00:30:20
Did we get the chance to grab street-pizza's gun? How about the one I threw at him? Anyway, I got a little flizzerstrated. Which one is Mason?

edit: nevermind, I got it.

Also, does this mean our action pools are replenished, or does that happen later?

(Edited by Threadbare at 8:23 pm on June 7, 2002)
Dieter 2002-06-08 07:16:34
This evening I completely forgot to say that everyone is now 3rd level, so up your skills, feats, and such.
threadbare 2002-06-08 10:30:07
Hrm, this is where the "not having a rulebook" flaw I picked up comes into play. What exactly do we get for shooting up to level 3. Do we get any goodies we would have gotten for going to Level 2?
threadbare 2002-06-08 10:45:28
Are you sure you don't mean level 2? By the book, we can't go straight to level 3. But hey, it's your game, and I'm all for hitting el trece. That'd mean two more feats for me, in addition to the one that I forgot to get at character creation. Not to mention all that Base Attack Bonus...

And to answer your previous question, D-Man, the MAG is good stuff. It's got advanced rules for all sorts of stuff. It's got movement rules for crouching, high crawls, and low crawls; Masterwork weapon modification (su-weet!); and an optional rule called fluid initiative. That means that certain actions that you perform in combat may add to (fast actions) or subtract from (slower or complicated actions) your initiative. It actually looks pretty cumbersome and probably more trouble than it's worth, but it's still something to look at and go "that's cool." It's got a whole chapter on exotic weapons, with like four pages of ninja-style martial arts weapons.

Well, that's gone on long enough. It's a good resource.
threadbare 2002-06-08 11:35:11
There's also a pdf supplement of things they couldn't fit in there on the spycraft site. Fun stuff. Mmn, if I get to level 3, that means an actual attack bonus, and a +3 in defense, plus intuition and jury-rigging ablities.

And I'm pretty sure it's up to level three. I mean, that's when we get new feats and just seem to attain a more professional level.

Also, how exactly do we "multi-class"? I don't know, but it might be nice to take a level of Faceman here and there.

(Edited by Threadbare at 5:20 am on June 8, 2002)
threadbare 2002-06-09 12:12:13
At every character level, you pick which class to gain a level in. Say you're advancing to Snoop 2. All your attack, initiative, defense, and save bonuses would change to whatever's on the Snoop advancement chart for level 2. Also, you pick up all the new abilities that are listed for level 2. You get vitality points and skill points according to which class you're leveling up in. Say if you were instead taking a level of Faceman, then you'd get the Faceman vitality, skill points (per level, not the x4 for a 1st-level character), and special abilities (but not core abilities, which are the ones in italics). If you want to take a look at the charts and stuff for the classes, they've got 'em up in the resource section at spycraftrpg.com.

(Edited by Infested Paladin at 5:18 am on June 9, 2002)
threadbare 2002-06-09 13:33:43
Okay, so I have no way of gaining the Linguist ability, as that's a first level thing. Hrm. Cold read still looks useful. I think I'm going to multiclass Faceman 2nd level, and go back to Snoop for the 3rd. Now, I don't get the Starting feats like rifle proficiency, now do I? Or is it that I would be at Faceman 1 and Snoop 2? Please, continue.
threadbare 2002-06-09 19:17:27
OK, If you're going to Faceman for your second total level and back to Snoop for your 3rd total level, you'd be considered a Snoop 2/Faceman 1. You would only get the Faceman abilities for 1st level (I think Cold Read is a 2nd lvl ability - I made a Faceman last night come to think of it), and the Snoop abilities for 2nd level. Minus the Linguist ability, of course, because like Dextrous for Fixers and Generous for Pointmen, that's their core ability.
threadbare 2002-06-10 08:10:21
No, Linguist is the 1st level ability. I checked it out. They get double action dice for Charisma checks or something like that as their core ability. Hrm. I guess it's what I'm going to do, then. I just need to figure out my new skill point and vitality point totals, along with all the other stuff, spend the skill points, and then make certain how the Department bonus figures in.