OOC 3 - back in the saddle

CrazyIvan 2004-10-14 00:04:40
I thought Arnae was staying with the ship.

If it's easier to have him in the security station, though, then that's cool, too.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-10-14 16:34:13
A crude layout, since it's kind of a complicated setup to explain well:

greebufoyer.gif

Crap. And now I realize I forgot to draw in that there were doors leading off of the balcony on the upper level. But there are! :)
Dieter 2004-10-14 21:19:26
I'll take credit for this predicament. I was the one who told ADS he should buy Star Wars: Battlefront. :(

Damn droidekas.

This is bad. The good thing is that they are slow as shit and can't fire while rolling.

(Edited by Dieter at 3:20 pm on Oct. 14, 2004)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-10-15 17:11:25
Well, the power transmitter, if it's in this building, it'd be behind whatever the droid's patrol area is. The question is, is it keeping things out or keeping things in?
Dieter 2004-10-15 17:29:29
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 11:11 am on Oct. 15, 2004
Well, the power transmitter, if it's in this building, it'd be behind whatever the droid's patrol area is. The question is, is it keeping things out or keeping things in?

I think a distraction is needed.
Dieter 2004-10-15 19:08:19
Wayde'll be chucking a rock at the front doors in an attempt to distract the Droideka's attention away from 'Za.

At the same time, we'll be making for the space directly underneath the left staircase.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-10-15 20:38:26
map updated:

greebufoyer.gif

The two doors near you do not appear to be marked with anything, nor do they appear to be locked. Just your typical "slide open" doors.

The droideka can't get a bead on you yet, but in a few seconds it'll be able to light that staircase up.
Dieter 2004-10-15 21:37:22
How much cover/concealment does the "overgrown court" provide us from the droideka?

Assuming the droid would have a tougher time going up the stairs than down, I say we wait for it to get to the bottom and then we make a run for the upper level.

Failing that, there are the doors next to us.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-10-15 21:55:27
If you and the droid are both on the ground level, with the foliage between you, it provides excellent cover. If it's on the bottom and you're on the balcony, or vice versa, it'll help a little bit but not hardly as much.

Also, it's not going to wait till it's at the bottom to start shooting. The safest options would be to duck low right up against the courtyard or get through a door, both of which would prevent the droid from blasting you. You're underneath the stairs - you could make it back to the turbolift as well, but then nothing's solved and the thing'll probably just wait in front of the turbolift.

Making your way up the stairs will involve some getting shot at, less so if the runners beat the droid's initiative.

There's also killing the droid, which involves blasting the crap out of it until its shields drop, and then putting it down, all while it's firing back. If you spread out, it can't hit everyone. :)
Dieter 2004-10-15 22:07:16
I'm inclined to not have a stand-up fight against this thing. I'd rather take my chances running up the stairs.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-10-15 22:41:15
All right, Wayde's going for it. What's everyone else doing? Jileeza's in the area, as well as people up to and including Aurelia and Mak.
fanchergw 2004-10-15 23:37:54
My inclination would be to slip under the stairs that it's coming down, then when it reaches the bottom and moves forward a little, slip quietly onto the stairs behind it and sneak up to the top. If all goes well, it should never know they're there. Of course, if it can see in all directions at once... :(
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-10-20 04:26:51
Dave and my friend Ben is interested in the game. You guys cover a pretty wide range of skills, so I told him really anything would be OK. Since CMF doesn't post too often, he decided on a combat-oriented guy, and I thought, "hey, another combat monster can't hurt."

Ben or myself'll post "Lent's" stats up in the character thread soon, and try to play along when I introduce him, just for the sake of party unity and my sanity. :)
Aihal the Silent 2004-10-20 14:56:11
Hello All--

Thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to making the Galaxy a safer place for everyone except those directly in front of my heavy repeater. I'll post my stats in the "ADS's PC Cheat Sheet" section so that you can begin placing bets on how long I'll last. :-)

And ADS: Sanity? You? I never would have guessed.

Good luck to all and may the Force be with us.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-10-20 18:58:48
Dieter posted this in the character sheet thread. :)
Quote:

I vote for settling this matter here and now. After we apprehend the rodians who dicked us over here, we then tell them to have the two ships who just arrived on-planet to dock as normal.

We (of course) will be waiting for them to dock, the Chance's shields and weapons at full power as the bay doors go shut on two ships. We then blast the shit out of them.

...and then we start negotiating a settlement involving us never being chased after by Gulgo and his men.

fanchergw 2004-10-20 20:22:41
Dieter's idea sounds great to Jileeza. I, on the other hand, smell disaster in it. ;)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-10-20 20:45:49
Hehe. The plan is a little shaky, but it IS a plan nonetheless.

It's predicated on whoever is in that room being cooperative enough to play along. It also requires those ships circling the compound to actually WANT to land in the hangar. Thirdly, it requires leverage - leverage of such importance to Gulgo that he'd consider not tracking you down later.

Finally (or firstly), it requires you getting through a locked door. It's not a huge obstacle; you could hotwire the panel or simply blast the thing off its runners - its presence simply is a warning that someone saw or heard you coming is all.
Dieter 2004-10-20 22:05:36
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 2:45 pm on Oct. 20, 2004

Finally (or firstly), it requires you getting through a locked door. It's not a huge obstacle; you could hotwire the panel or simply blast the thing off its runners - its presence simply is a warning that someone saw or heard you coming is all.

How about someone saying,

"Unlock the fucking door or we'll cut your antennae off with a cutting torch!"
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-10-20 22:31:22
lol! Intimidating someone whose only protection between you and he IS that door isn't too useful (I rolled, you had a penalty, he beat you).

I'll assume Aurelia is hotwiring the panel unless told otherwise - after rigging the broadcast power to shut off, a single door ain't gonna be a problem.