OOC 3 - back in the saddle

Gatac 2004-08-07 08:06:03
In a similar vein, does the Second Chance have a holo-chess board? I imagine Aurelia and Erit will want some recreation after fixing her up again.

Gatac
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-08-09 16:23:12
So that's initiative. Bawoosh used his action, next up is Wayde (you took 4 Shock, but no wounds from the blow). Then it's Arnae, the two goons, and then Molan.
CrazyIvan 2004-08-14 07:43:44
Arnae'll dart to the left, firing, hoping to encircle and flank the goons.
Dieter 2004-08-25 03:03:16
We'll be ditching the speeder van as soon as the parts are transferred to the ship. And by ditching, I mean using a small charge on its power cell with a timer.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-09-03 18:03:38
Now that you're here in the hangar, you notice that you could store the van IN the cargo bay. I mean, you guys do have a freighter. You might have to ditch the van when/if you pick up the cargo from Silverberg, if it's too big to store it AND the van - by the way, are you guys even remotely interested in this mystery job, or were you planning on making repairs and running away from another planet? :)

As for the parts, let's see here. You had the run of the shop, but were pressed for time. You've easily got spare parts to fix the upper turret, you've got several spares for the shield generator (which seems to blow out quite a bit with you guys) and the hyperdrive (just in case), and although you wanted concussion missiles a while back, IP, those don't happen to be laying out in starship warehouses. You did get some high-test systems that could be used to add some punch to your existing cannons, though. Assuming Aurelia's up to the task. :)

And all you had to do was blast everyone. Wasn't that easy? :biggrin:
Dieter 2004-09-03 18:28:01
Ok then. We'll just park the van inside the cargo hold then space the vehicle right before we jump to hyperspace.

As for the joerb...sounds interesting. Besides, I think ADS really wants us heading down that road. At least we'll have enough replacement parts when we get fragged.
fanchergw 2004-09-03 19:05:23
Considering the nature of this particular planet, I don't see why we're in such a hurry to get away. People get dusted here everyday for no reason greater than playing the wrong music or walking into the wrong bar.

Am I wrong here, ADS?

Let's conclude the deal with Silverburg and add the van to our inventory. 'Nuff said.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-09-03 19:06:43
Well, regarding the job, not exactly. It's just that you guys ARE a freighter/smuggler crew, I figure I'll throw a freighter/smuggler job your way. If not, that's fine too.

Thing is, we started this whole thing off in media res, so to speak, and since then you've always had a goal: Get a ship, sell the spice, get out of the debt with Gulgo, get out of Cloud City because of what they THOUGHT was on your ship, leave the worldship because it had something the Imperials wanted, get replacement parts for your ship to make up for all that running.

Now you guys don't have a goal. You can come up with something you want to do, or you can take the job and ride that crazy rollercoaster that is your destiny. But right now is a decision point.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-09-04 03:00:38
Quote:

"Cap'n. I recommend we cancel shoreleave and get this crate moving. There's no telling how long it's going to be before someone comes looking for the crap we filched."

Now, you CAN get your crate moving, but keep in mind that you stole a van-load of parts in order to stick them on the ship in places that are a lot easier to get to if it's NOT moving. :) You normally don't upgrade a computer while it's running, you know?
Dieter 2004-09-14 14:28:09
As soon as the airlock is sealed and we're safely off-planet, I'll be checking out this cargo that Silverberg graciously offered us to transport.

...and if it's spice or some other illicit or highly offensible product, we're coming back to that bastard and killing him.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2004-09-15 15:38:34
I would expect nothing less. :)

And Silverberg is a female Gungan. As for 'Za's past relationship, think of it as sort of a Han/Lando thing. They were partners way back, they're on friendly terms, but don't really trust each other.
Dieter 2004-09-15 22:13:10
Until we can get Aurelia to build us a secure storage container, I recommend we lock the Mynock(?) crates inside the hovervan and dog the seal off the cargo bay. :)
Dieter 2004-09-15 22:22:06
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 4:16 pm on Sep. 15, 2004
You can fit one crate in the van. There are 5 total, each half the size of the van itself.

Damn. Nevermind.

Could Erit do a "Detect Life" Force thing on the crates?
Gatac 2004-09-15 22:32:12
Man, I swear I didn't read this before I posted.

Great minds DO think alike.

Gatac
Dieter 2004-09-15 22:35:05
Quote:

Quote: from Gatac on 4:32 pm on Sep. 15, 2004
Man, I swear I didn't read this before I posted.

Great minds DO think alike.

Gatac

Damn right. :cheesy: