OOC 1: Vandal Squadron

Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-10 00:30:04
There are now only 5 TIE fighters. It turns out, even with d8 skills, the Imperials can't hit for crap. :)

Pilots' Initiative for next flurry:
Arnae
Calsera
Dutch
Imperial Ace
Mandall (sorry, the dice weren't with you this round)
TIEs

How I'm running space combat: When your initiative comes up, you state who you want to engage:

Attacks against that target are made as normal.

Attacks against anyone else are at a penalty, as you're likely only getting a brief attack from the side as they whip by.

If you're a turret gunner, you can fire normally on anyone who your pilot is lined up on OR anyone who is lined up on you. You suffer a penalty to attack anyone else, as normal. So Ganet rolled pretty well to dust those two TIEs.

Gunners fire when their pilots act, in order to keep things simpler.

The Sith Eater doesn't have a turret, but Eritram and Jorm can split up ion cannon and laser cannon duty if they want Dutch to concentrate on flying - and if Jorm wants to stop boosting the shields/weapons.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-10 00:34:18
And shit, I forgot to post the mechanics checks. Update coming!

---

OK, so Aurelia needs to get a total margin-of-success of 10 (arbitrary number picked for what I feel the scenario calls for). She's beat the difficulty by 3 last time, so she needs 7 more "points" to jury-rig the hyperdrive back into working order.
DatonKallandor 2005-06-10 11:55:32
I will attack the TIEs we are lined up with. If we arent lined up with any, I'll shoot the ones attacking Calsera.

Daton
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-10 18:10:53
Weapons update on the Blastboat, from starwars.com:
Quote:

The starship carries two capital ship-grade Mendarn Arms Dar-2 ion cannons, mounted on the tips of the dorsal stabilizer fins. Its nose-mounted weapons cluster features a mounted Dar-2 medium ion cannon bracketed by ordnance launchers -- a starboard proton torpedo tube and a port concussion missile launcher. On the ship's dorsal surface are twin turret-mounted Senko Systems 5000x2 "Tru-Lok" laser cannons.

Not that I'm a stickler for what those EU tabs say in the databank, but Aihal PMed me and I agree that something called a "blastboat" should be better armed. You've got missiles now, Eritram!
DatonKallandor 2005-06-10 18:20:20
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 11:10 am on June 10, 2005

Not that I'm a stickler for what those EU tabs say in the databank, but Aihal PMed me and I agree that something called a "blastboat" should be better armed. You've got missiles now, Eritram!

Wohoo!

Lets waste some rebellion assets. I'm gonna use missiles freely to quickly decimate all TIEs that can be shot at without penalty.

Daton
Aihal the Silent 2005-06-10 18:31:13
While missle boy is doing his thing, Jorm will take this opportunity to shoot at some TIEs (still keeping an eye on sensors and power).

Might I suggest we clarify the armament for the Sith Eater.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-10 18:37:39
Yeah. OK, the Eater's got quad fixed-mount ion cannons, a twin laser cannon in a turret, missiles, and torpedoes.

Oh, that poor, poor TIE fighter.

And... Aurelia only needs one more success of any magnitude to complete the repairs.
Aihal the Silent 2005-06-10 18:44:54
Ok, can the following be controlled/used from the turret:

1. Torpedoes
2. Power systems
3. Sensors
4. Forward guns

Sorry to be a pain about this, but it's important for crew placement.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2005-06-10 19:11:40
The turret isn't one where you sit. It's a remote turret controlled from the cockpit. There are four crew positions in the cockpit, and I'll rule that besides the pilot, the remaining three are cross-purpose.
fanchergw 2005-06-11 00:55:34
Query: Did they accomplish there mission of "hitting the Imperial garrison" before the hyperdrive went out? Or do they still need to strip/fireball the place?
fanchergw 2005-06-11 17:39:42
Quote:

Quote: from admiralducksauce on 5:52 am on June 11, 2005
Yeah, you guys were on your way out with the loot when the Dagger's hyperdrive went kaput.

I'm thinking it might be worth a torpedo or two to make sure the place isn't re-manned. Do X-wings have appropriate ordinance for something like that?
DatonKallandor 2005-06-11 17:58:58
As does the Blastboat. I'm all for blowing the place up too, unless they have some more TIEs or too many turbolasers (or whatever an imperial base has as defence).

Daton
fanchergw 2005-06-11 19:34:58
Since we were already inside and got "the loot", then perhaps we rigged it to blow on our way out?
Aihal the Silent 2005-06-13 04:15:30
FYI - Edited Jorm's Profile in the Post-Game Discussion.

Added species (Human).
Added callsign (Nerf Herder).
Changed "Fly Casual" Aspect to "Multitask" to bring stats more into line with character concept.