Jade Imperium - OOC 14

Gatac 2011-06-20 17:03:43
We went to a lot of trouble to get that info out there - I don't think giving the Imperium any leverage whatsoever in declaring it fake will further our strategic goals.
skullandscythe 2011-06-20 20:22:49
Pulling up blackmail material for pols? Sounds like a good excuse to have Zaef break more laws. :)
Gatac 2011-07-16 20:49:15
Plan document slightly updated to account for the Daily Show appearance.
e of pi 2011-09-12 21:54:05
Ross, Robert, if you want to add more from our discussions to the IC thread, feel free. Basically, the idea is to throw them into confusion by making them think they have a leak or that one of them has "turned." They have to respond, and by seeing how they do we can learn more about the extent of their organization and how they communicate. Even if all they do is turtle up until things get sorted out, it'd give us some time to get our stuff in front of Congress and there's some chance of driving wedges between their members that we could later exploit further.
punkey 2011-09-16 22:11:38
Okay, so, we have these ideas, what's the actual game plan? What are we doing in DC?
Gatac 2011-09-16 22:14:23
Hugh shows up at General Kroger's office and demands to speak to him. Luis, meanwhile, does some hacking on the New Horizon Group website - get in and grab shit if it's easy enough, DDoS with a hired botnet if it's too difficult to straight up hack.
e of pi 2011-09-16 22:42:01
Gatac wrote:

Hugh shows up at General Kroger's office and demands to speak to him. Luis, meanwhile, does some hacking on the New Horizon Group website - get in and grab shit if it's easy enough, DDoS with a hired botnet if it's too difficult to straight up hack.

Did we get anything on the first raid on NH that Hugh can "accidentally" mention that might imply we've turned part of their organization?
punkey 2011-09-16 23:28:12
Depends on what you need! If you just need to let them know that you know shit that you shouldn't, showing up at their door and letting them know that they're involved with the smear campaign against the team and maybe a few emails about such topics from the New Horizons offices would do that. If you need something more, please specify.
e of pi 2011-09-17 01:32:17
Any thoughts on priorities for the hack? I'm thinking any kind of member lists, accounting materials to look at how they're getting their funding, maybe anything about who they've been lobbying and how, their plans. Anything else I should be looking at or something on that list that shouldn't be?
Gatac 2011-09-17 08:29:26
I think a few emails would do nicely. I doubt they'd store really secret stuff like that on their webserver, but a) people are often dumb and b) even if the incriminating stuff is elsewhere, people tend to reuse passwords, so if we crack the webserver, we might have something for a quieter second-story job with Zaef.

EDIT: Kasey just informed me that we have IPs of internal servers and their mailserver. In that case, the we should crack the mailserver - that's probably filled with all kinds of useful information. (And let's face it, every evil organization that has publicly-facing internal servers deserves to be hacked.) And while we're in it - maybe we can spoof some emails between the members and pour some paranoia fuel onto the fire.
threadbare 2011-09-20 12:10:39
Soo... I may be getting into this game.

Where is the post that describes what New Horizon is/does?
Gatac 2011-10-12 13:50:53
All right. We need to talk.

Kasey's busting his ass every day for this game, but he's not getting the love for it. Where's the enthusiasm from us? Where's the love? Do we no longer want to play this? Or are we just taking Kasey for granted?

Please weigh in, guys, because what's going on right now with us ain't so good.
skullandscythe 2011-10-13 00:20:04
I'll be honest, I haven't been giving Kasey the support he deserves lately. He and I have talked, and I've realized that I gotta step up my game if I want to keep playing. And I do want to. Playing Zaef is a blast. Playing with you guys is a blast. But I've been taking Kasey for granted a little, and it's going to stop. I'm going to start working harder with Kasey on this, and hopefully we can put this behind us.
punkey 2011-10-13 08:55:12
Thank you, sirs. I'm feeling much better after talking with all of you folks.
Gatac 2012-01-29 13:31:25
Okay, Kasey and I agree that Hugh is at a turning point here. (Read the huge argument with Onas in the doc if you haven't.) It's time to decide, once and for all, where he's gonna go. Since this has implications for the whole game, I'm asking you guys here. Which path should Hugh take?

1) No surrender, no retreat. He's picked his hill to die on by fighting to cooperate with the Pentagon, no matter the disappointments and setbacks. It's become a matter of pride, and Hugh intends to show everyone that he was right. High potential for a Charge of the Light Brigade, though. Could get very dark, I'm willing to follow through with that.

2) Cooler heads prevail. Hugh stops to think for a moment and realizes that he's headed down the wrong way - that maybe when everyone say he's wrong, he actually is wrong. It's time to take the failures as what they are, write 'em off and try a different strategy, one that won't piss off our friends for little to no expected gain. This restores harmony to the team and our off-world allies, but I think it permanently kills our ability to cooperate with the DoD and sets us on the path to leaving them behing completely.
threadbare 2012-02-19 06:59:53
I'd like to go on record saying that the last string of posts in the IC thread have been awesome.
punkey 2012-02-23 10:00:52
Player Kasey has been thinking about preparing for counter-attacks if/when we come out on top at the Congressional meeting at DC. A win there might be enough to push our friends over the edge into doing something desperate, and we should be ready. I think getting out of DC proper and to somewhere with a nice, big, 360 degree field of fire might be a good idea, someplace defensible. A farmhouse or some other big property out in the middle of nowhere. Thoughts?