Jade Imperium - OOC 14

CrazyIvan 2010-08-25 21:49:23
admiralducksauce wrote:

Good news for Angel - since you're traveling as an Expansion chief's mysterious hired hand and you've seen Imperial knockoffs in action, you can get away with your SCAR-H. Remember your suppressor this time. :)

But with a suppressor, how will they know that the Dakka has come?

Beyond the rifle, I figure a knife, probably a stinger (two slug-thrower knockoffs seems risky) and a few sneaked frag grenades?
Gatac 2010-08-25 21:52:20
Standard Turai issue is good enough for Hugh - beam rifle, armor, kauka. What's the take on smuggling a silenced pistol, though? Are those widespread enough by now that it's deniable as a drop gun for a Turai flanking a sleazy Expansion heavy like Davis is pretending to be?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-08-25 22:28:32
Approved and approved!

Re: kaukas - I figure two should be good. Hugh has claimed one, and Luis will take the other. It's a good balance between "these are still precious artifacts that should go to units expecting actual combat and you're doing a con job" vs. "All your stuff degenerates into warfare and you're pretty awesome, so have some". :)
skullandscythe 2010-08-26 00:13:22
Hey, they're guarding a dangerous Arena champ. I figure two kaukas is good. :)

For equipment and cover, I figure Zaef will need some pimped-out partial carapice for his "public" appearances as an intimidating Arena posterchild, and a skinsuit under civvies for more discreet appearances. He'll be carrying 10 concealed knives and, for when the shit REALLY hits the fan, a frag.
e of pi 2010-08-26 21:43:28
In his role as Davis' flunky, Luis will be taking along some fancy clothes (but not quite up to the self-levitating level), along with some things that are nice but can be worked in. Stinger, beamer, the kauka. If possible, the Imperium equivalent of a Leatherman.

If I can, I'd like to smuggle in some pre-written sabotage programs for the Mariposas so I don't have to work those on the fly, so some sort of discrete memory chip with those on there, maybe hidden in the clothes or the tool?
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-08-26 23:17:48
Approved as well!

Those of you (Robin, Hugh, Arketta) going as Turai get the typical Turai stuff unless otherwise mentioned (like Hugh's silenced handgun). I've talked to Reagan about what it entails as well.

So that's everyone - I'll be moving everyone along as soon as I can.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-08-27 21:50:59
Moved along! Hooray!

There's not really much to do on Todaki except meet Elvis, fill him in (which can be done OOC or IC as you all see fit), and head out to Hedion on the next available scheduled portal.

Dave, you would recognize Davis, Luis, and Angel... that's about it. Everyone else is new (like Zaef) or wearing helmets (Hugh, Arketta, Robin - not that you'd know Robin either).
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-08-28 17:25:48
Had no idea everyone had gearing up posts. I've butchered everyone's posts into a more coherent timeline, ending with Kasey's conversation prompt to Dave.
Community Lotion 2010-08-29 16:59:07
Punkey wrote:

(OOC: Reagan's still got a gearing-up scene he wants to post, so you can go ahead and slide that above all of this when he posts it, Adam.)

No worries, the time for that is past.
punkey 2010-08-31 09:59:47
I'm thinking, the best way to meet the marks is to have them seek us out. We've already made a splash at the Gateport, now let's act like the whales we are. I'm thinking we find a really fancy place to eat and crash it. Make a big enough splash that our four marks will all come sniffing around to find out what this mysterious Expansion chief is doing in Akis, especially since you don't usually find them on settled worlds.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-09-01 20:51:26
Could everyone post their cover names here if you have them?

I've got these:
Luis: Zakest Nasa
Davis: Haralin Arakuna
Hugh: Mani Swao
Robin: Ngbo Haaj
Angel: Varois Tanakta
Arketta: Boba Fett (and she's been giggling about that one)
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-09-01 23:32:35
Two things, guys:

1. Your "short-range encrypted vox" channel is as encrypted as Luis' Computers roll when and if someone tries to listen in. Luis is pretty damn good, and I take the "short-range" bit into account, but just keep in mind a determined attacker has a shot at cracking into your comms. Your radios, by contrast, are security through obscurity. Nobody thinks to look for those transmissions, but once they did, they wouldn't have as hard a time getting through. Of course, they'd have to know your crazy-ass barbarian language. :)

2. Using a healing kauka on someone with implanted cyberware runs the risk of accidentally damaging them further. It's like firing into melee combat - you can make a called shot and avoid any ill effects completely, or you can roll normally and if you fail, the victim takes more damage equal to the margin of failure.
Gatac 2010-09-01 23:40:28
Hugh's keeping his eyes open for meddling bourgeoisie to intimidate.
Admiral Duck Sauce 2010-09-02 23:39:10
We can move on towards the booth, but the question is if that noblewoman is coming with you/leaving with Zaef/what have you. Probably Hugh, Robin, or Zaef of course are best poised to handle the noblewoman one way or the other.
Community Lotion 2010-09-03 00:09:38
admiralducksauce wrote:

Probably Hugh, Robin, or Zaef of course are best poised to handle the noblewoman one way or the other.

Robin would be happy to handle her with a foot to the throat.